2012 Fantasy Football Smack Talk

aylbert

#4 Sworn Defenders (8-6) vs. #1 Dynamo Nation (9-4), current line Sworn Defenders -19.76 points

Sworn Defenders comes into this game still hot, fresh off a 55.92 win over DR in the first round of the playoffs last week for their sixth win in seven weeks, while top-seeded Dynamo Nation enjoyed a bye. Remarkably, the Yahoo! line has the lower-seeded Defenders listed as a nearly 20-point favorite but Dynamo Nation scored 87.26 total points more during the regular season. Going into the game Sworn Defenders' biggest advantage on paper is at the RB position, with Doug Martin (21 projected points) and Arian Foster (23.83) going against Trent Richardson (13.18) and Alfred Morris (10.33). Dynamo's biggest edge is team balance, as every starter outside of kicker and defense is projected for double digit points, although having All-Pro D Bears de-clawed by injuries hurts.

Key matchup within the matchup: Dynamo will need his Giants defense (8.74 PP) to keep Defenders' QB Matt Ryan (22.63 PP) in check.

Key injuries: Defenders - WR2 Dez Bryant (questionable with a serious finger injury), Dynamo - K Robbie Gould (out for season), DEF Bears (multiple players on the shelf)

Thanks for the write up!

I'm likely benching Bryant... I have almost no RB depth (with just Tate as my injured? handcuff; and Bell my waiver pickup for the week); but WR; I'm set with Boldin, Crabtree and Hilton on the bench to fill in. I'm likely going with Boldin coming off a 14 and 19 pts the past two weeks.

And don't get me started on projections... lol

Since week 10 I've been posting huge projected leads with mixed actual results.

w1: +6 win

w2: +3 loss

w3: +20 loss

w4: +14 loss

w5: -1 loss (against Dynamo's 173pts)

w6: +17 win

w7: -5 loss

w8: -9 won (and that week I won by 23... go figure)

w9: -5 won

w10: +26 won

w11: +35 lost (by 20 WTF)

w12: +20 won

w13: +31 won (by 3)

w14: +18 won

Edited by aylbert

Thanks for the write up!

I'm likely benching Bryant... I have almost no RB depth (with just Tate as my injured? handcuff; and Bell my waiver pickup for the week); but WR; I'm set with Boldin, Crabtree and Hilton on the bench to fill in. I'm likely going with Boldin coming off a 14 and 19 pts the past two weeks.

And don't get me started on projections... lol

Since week 10 I've been posting huge projected leads with mixed actual results.

w1: +6 win

w2: +3 loss

w3: +20 loss

w4: +14 loss

w5: -1 loss (against Dynamo's 173pts)

w6: +17 win

w7: -5 loss

w8: -9 won (and that week I won by 23... go figure)

w9: -5 won

w10: +26 won

w11: +35 lost (by 20 WTF)

w12: +20 won

w13: +31 won (by 3)

w14: +18 won

Coming into the payoffs I didnot expect to have to replace my kicker & def who have been huge for me all year..

The two biggest things for me is Gint D shutting down Ryan and Hernandez having a Huge week, if that happens I should be OK....

And the other game's coming down to Ridley (with currently about +3) vs. Gostkowski after my own late rally....guess Semifinal Sunday lived up to its billing after all. For your sake and mine I hope Ridley gets most of the Pat offensive production tonight lol

My production's been so top-heavy this week too...Romo, AP and the Bengals D = 78.44 points, the other five starters so far = 16.8 points

Edited by NJDevs4978

I think me and ayl are going to start a Fantasy Football rehab club after tonight :P Although it gets less surprising every year this happens with my team. Two straight years with the highest-scoring team and not a single playoff win to show for it.

The comical part is right when I turned the Pats game on after Dexter/Homeland, Ridley was getting stuffed at the one-inch line on third and goal. I smacked my palm on my forehead and knew I was done. Oh well...good luck to red and RSC.

I think me and ayl are going to start a Fantasy Football rehab club after tonight :P Although it gets less surprising every year this happens with my team. Two straight years with the highest-scoring team and not a single playoff win to show for it.

The comical part is right when I turned the Pats game on after Dexter/Homeland, Ridley was getting stuffed at the one-inch line on third and goal. I smacked my palm on my forehead and knew I was done. Oh well...good luck to red and RSC.

It's your curse... I swear. I wasn't even going to swap WR until I read your write up :) And of course, all my WR's do well, except the one I chose to roll with.

If I stole a victory posting two ZEROS and a 1.0 from my D; and Martin not much better... wow.

lol it was known Dez was going to play from like Thursday or Friday (I wrote it up Wednesday when there was still some doubt). It was just a question how effective he'd be or how long he'd last, which was a big question. I might have just gone down with Dez, the way I went down with Reggie Wayne who I had a bad feeling about, but there wasn't any way I was going to bench him with the fact he's been solid and with how dissapointing Austin and especially Jennings have been this year.

The comical part is 2/3 of my lineup had 17.1 points...and I still would have won if I'd played your team, or red's. But sometimes that's going to happen when you have to count on so many waiver pickups. At least I had the sense to put Romo back in, I thought Palmer would light up the Chiefs :lol:

Edited by NJDevs4978

After I got 18 pys from manning & Thomas combined I thought I was Done, add in a goose egg from the friggin Gints "D" and i was ready to throw a brick through the wall.

In all honesty I went to bad at half time last night assuming I lost...Shocked when i awoke today.

Looks Like Gints "D" is Benched, and i guess I need to seriously consider benching manning and pllaying Wilson...

lol it was known Dez was going to play from like Thursday or Friday (I wrote it up Wednesday when there was still some doubt). It was just a question how effective he'd be or how long he'd last, which was a big question. I might have just gone down with Dez, the way I went down with Reggie Wayne who I had a bad feeling about, but there wasn't any way I was going to bench him with the fact he's been solid and with how dissapointing Austin and especially Jennings have been this year.

The comical part is 2/3 of my lineup had 17.1 points...and I still would have won if I'd played your team, or red's. But sometimes that's going to happen when you have to count on so many waiver pickups. At least I had the sense to put Romo back in, I thought Palmer would light up the Chiefs :lol:

I'm not actually blaming you. I'm very much a set it; and leave it be guy.

So once I switched away from Bryant, I wasn't going to go back and fourth on my WR's.... it was done.

You were just the catalyst of my change :) I

I just can't believe I won after the 0.86 Stafford put up. Andy Dalton, you're starting the title game. Don't blow it.

Good game, Has, and good luck next week, red

Good Luck to you as well... and it seems like we might both be making some big chacnges before the big game...

Assuming no last-minute moves before the last day of games, here are the keeper values for everyone's players. As you all know, keeper rules were changed this offseason so any player that was drafted the keeper value remains at the same round, even if the player was dropped and picked up by another team. An x by the player means they were this season's keeper and ineligible for next season.

EDIT: Okay, got it after some technical issues posting from Excel :P

New Jersey Swamps
QB Romo (4)
RB McCoy (1), Peterson (2), Ridley (6), Wells (6), Dwyer (12), A. Green (15-FA)
WR Jennings (3), Austin (5), Wayne (7), Alexander (15-FA)
TE Gronkowski (x), Rudolph (15-FA)
K Hanson (15)
DEF Bengals (15-FA)

Long Island Iced Z
QB Rodgers (1)
RB Turner (2), BJGE (3), Wilson (9), D.Richardson (15-FA)
WR A. Brown (5), V. Jackson (6), Nelson (x), Floyd (9), Moore (13), Hartline (15-FA), Avery (15-FA)
TE V. Davis (4), Pitta (15-FA)
K Bailey (15)
DEF Texans (8)

Masked Marauders
QB Brady (1), Rivers (7)
RB S. Jackson (2), D.Brown (5), Murray (x), Stephens-Howling (15-FA), A.Brown (15-FA)
WR R. White (3), Lloyd (4), Young (6), LaFell (9)
TE Gresham (10), Clark (12)
K Graham (15-FA)
DEF Patriots (11), Buccaneers (15-FA)

DR
QB Brees (1), Ponder (15-FA)
RB McGahee (4), Greene (5), D. Williams (6), M. Bush (6), D. Thomas (9), Vereen (15)
WR Fitzgerald (2), Welker (3), Green (x), M. Williams (11)
TE Cook (13)
K Zuerlein (14)
DEF Falcons (12), Cardinals (15-FA)

Waiver Wire Whining!
QB Cutler (6), RGIII (8), Roethlisberger (9)
RB Mathews (1), Gore (3), R. Bush (4), B. Brown (15-FA), Grant (15-FA)
WR C. Johnson (x), D. Jackson (5), Garcon (8), Amendola (14), Gordon (15-FA)
TE Myers (15-FA)
K Walsh (15-FA)
DEF Packers (10)

LOTCB
QB Newton (x), Luck (8)
RB C. Johnson (1), Sproles (4), Spiller (6), Mendenhall (9)
WR B. Marshall (2), Nicks (3), S. Johnson (5), Moss (15)
TE Petigrew (7)
K Crosby (12), Henery (15-FA)
DEF Seahawks (10), Bills (13)

VALUE=REPEAT!
QB Schaub (9), Kapernick (15-FA)
RB McFadden (1), F. Jackson (x), Stewart (6), Ballard (15-FA), Owens (15-FA)
WR A. Johnson (2), J. Jones (3), Bowe (4), Blackmon (8), Britt (10), Wright (15-FA)
TE Daniels (13)
K Barth (15-FA)
DEF 49ers (8)

Wack MC's
QB Stafford (1), Dalton (x)
RB Lynch (2), Bradshaw (3), J.Rogers (8), Reece (15-FA), Woodhead (15-FA)
WR S. Smith (4), Decker (5), Cobb (14), J.Jones (15-FA), Walter (15-FA)
TE Gonzalez (7)
K Gostkowski (13)
DEF Broncos (15-FA)

Dynamo Nation
QB P. Manning (4), Wilson (11), Weeden (15-FA)
RB Forte (1), T. Richardson (2), Morris (13)
WR D. Thomas (3), Colston (x), Moore (8), Shorts (15-FA), Tate (15-FA)
TE Hernandez (6)
K Dawson (15-FA)
DEF Bears (10), Giants (10)

MantaRavens
QB Flacco (9), Fitzpatrick (12)
RB Charles (2), Benson (6), Leshoure (11), Moreno (15-FA), Pierce (15-FA)
WR Cruz (x), T. Smith (4), Givens (15-FA)
TE Graham (2)
K Tucker (14), Bryant (15-FA)
DEF Steelers (9), Jets (13)

Sworn Defenders
QB Ryan (4)
RB Foster (x), Martin (3), Tate (7), Bell (15-FA)
WR Wallace (3), Bryant (5), Boldin (8), Crabtree (11), Hilton (15-FA)
TE Gates (5), Witten (9), Miller (15-FA)
K Tynes (15-FA)
DEF Rams (15-FA)

Big Blue
QB E. Manning (4), Freeman (9)
RB Rice (x), Jones-Drew (2), Ingram (7), Redman (8)
WR Harvin (3), Maclin (5), Rice (9), Meachem (10), Washington (14)
TE Finley (6), Olsen (12)
K Janikowski (13)
DEF Ravens (11), Chiefs (15-FA)

Edited by NJDevs4978

So what is my prize... besides bragging rights of course.....

A summer of me bitching about benching Bryant? Instead of closing out with a 2 game losing streak, I would have sneaked by you and won this week as well :)

But yea; congrats! I'm not sure if we give first draft slot selection or not; like we do in hockey. It might just be pride :D

A summer of me bitching about benching Bryant? Instead of closing out with a 2 game losing streak, I would have sneaked by you and won this week as well :)

But yea; congrats! I'm not sure if we give first draft slot selection or not; like we do in hockey. It might just be pride :D

Nope, nothing but bragging rights and a shiny gold trophy for your Yahoo! profile lol.

Five straight seasons of getting to the Conference Finals in a competitive league like this, and all I have to show for that is one silver and two bronzes :P Of course I would have won this week too, what else is new...at least I don't have an obvious 'oh god I should have started that guy' that killed me - I still shake my head at Belichick and Reid for leaving Gronk and McCoy in blowout games though - end mini-whine.

At least red's deserving though, best record and second-highest point total, a solid team throughout.

Edited by NJDevs4978

At least red's deserving though, best record and second-highest point total, a solid team throughout.

Agreed; to me Red has been the most consistant team; and defintely a worthy champ.

My team went from beast to sleep mode every other week it seemed... even though Yahoo projected me as a beast every week.