NJDevs Brick

Colin226

To donate to NJDevs, please use the link at the very bottom of this page!!!

Total Donations: $205

GOAL HAS BEEN REACHED!! Thank you to all who donated.. This brick is for everyone, but especially for you!!

List of Donors:

msweet

devils26

LucifersDog

Devil Dan 56

Colin226

Squishyx

Jimmy Leeds

NJDevsRock

MadDog2020

DevilsRule2008

Devils731

thelastonealive

Middlesex

--------------------------

If you would like to order your own replica of this brick for $65 please follow these steps:

1. Go to https://www.newjerseydevilsbricks.com/p-21-additional-replica-4-x-8-text-only.aspx

2. Enter Order #: 100354

3. Add to Cart

4. Complete Checkout

Hello guys.. Well DevilMinder has asked me to spearhead the campaign to raise fund for a NJDevs.com brick to be placed at the Prudential Center's new Championship Plaza.. After the brick has been ordered, anyone who wants to will have the ability to purchase an exact replica of the brick for $65, which is a good option if you couldn't buy your own brick

Our Misison: This brick, should we be able to raise the funds for it, will serve as a representation of all the members of this great forum.. Many people do not have the money to purchase their own, but by donating to this you will have YOUR brick at the Prudential Center for years to come.. It will be something you can always go to and say "I made this happen. This is my brick".. You may even be able to take your kids to see it and show them.. It will also serve to bring more Devils fans to our amazing forum, which will enrich the experience for all of us and help NJDevs to grow.. And this brick sale will only be for a short time so if we pass up the opportunity to purchase one for NJDevs we won't have another chance

Our Goal: The brick we are hoping to purchase is 4x8 with 3 lines of text.. This brick costs $150 (including a handling fee) which means that we only need 31 members to donate just $5.. This is the least expensive one, so it is the most likely to sell out first.. Once it sells out there will not be another chance to purchase one, so we are asking the members of this great forum to donate $5 right now so that we may purchase this brick as soon as possible

Design: Below are a few designs I created for the brick.. The one we will probably go with is #1.. It is our website address (to market the site to other Devils fans) followed by a line inviting all fans to join, followed by the forum's motto found in the picture atop the forum pages..

6571_1118551927588_1340700115_30396983_3964194_n.jpg

Edited by Colin226

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a really good idea but we should really find out if the website address counts as "business advertisement" before we get a bunch of folks putting cash up for it.

IS there someone we can call or email to clear this? Don't want to put the cart before the horse so to speak.

If it is "for sue OK" I'll be happy to donate!

I updated my original post with one I had been saving for this occasion.. DM, we need to bring back the Donate button

Colin, did you contact them to see if the web address will fly? Before we start getting a bunch of folks giving cash to something....

This is a really good idea but we should really find out if the website address counts as "business advertisement" before we get a bunch of folks putting cash up for it.

IS there someone we can call or email to clear this? Don't want to put the cart before the horse so to speak.

If it is "for sue OK" I'll be happy to donate!

msweet put his company name on it he said

msweet put his company name on it he said

Well, what worries me is the site says specifically no business advertising.

A company name as a donation might be different from a website address.

Don't get me wrong, I still think its a great idea and would be great for this site, and I commend you for taking the initiative.

I just think someone should do the footwork and ask them "for sure" before we collect $$$ from members and they potentially say "no website addresses".

Any time there is $$$ involved its good to get the details.

Well, what worries me is the site says specifically no business advertising.

A company name as a donation might be different from a website address.

Don't get me wrong, I still think its a great idea and would be great for this site, and I commend you for taking the initiative.

I just think someone should do the footwork and ask them "for sure" before we collect $$$ from members and they potentially say "no website addresses".

Any time there is $$$ involved its good to get the details.

Absolutely.. I just sent the brick company a message and if I don't have a response in my inbox tomorrow morning when I wake up at 11am I'll call them.. Then I'll figure out how to efficiently collect donations and we'll get to work asking members for donations.. My only problem is that I will be without Internet from August 2nd to August 11th (vacation in the US Virgin Islands, so Internet is limited) so I would like to have the brick ordered by then.. If we get enough donations before then I'll be happy to front the rest of the money and continue collecting.. I also want to make sure we order one before they sell out.. This opportunity won't come again.. Obviously I would refund everyone their money if the brick could not be ordered.. I sell a lot on eBay (and have 100% positive feedback) so I'm good with paypal

Edited by Colin226

Colin, did you contact them to see if the web address will fly? Before we start getting a bunch of folks giving cash to something....

I created a Donate link, but if someone donates between now and tomorrow morning AND they shoot down our brick concepts then I will issue them full refunds.. I'm using PayPal so it's secure to donate and easy to refund

Once we're sure that the message will be allowed, I'd be happy to chip in. Also, if they say no to the design, what if we slightly modify the message to say "From njdevs.com" so that it seems like less of an advertisement? Something like:

Go Devils

From Njdevs.com

That way it seems less like an ad, but would still pique the interest of anybody who sees the brick. We should think of something more creative than 'Go Devils' by the time we order the brick.

Edited by devils26

Once we're sure that the message will be allowed, I'd be happy to chip in. Also, if they say no to the design, what if we slightly modify the message to say "From njdevs.com" so that it seems like less of an advertisement? Something like:

Go Devils

From Njdevs.com

That way it seems less like an ad, but would still pique the interest of anybody who sees the brick. We should think of something more creative than 'Go Devils' by the time we order the brick.

Yeah the donation link is just there so that once the design is approved people can start.. I wanted to make sure it would work, and it does!

If they shoot me down I'll try to work with them to get something all parties can agree on, but I really think they will allow it.. We will know by 11am tomorrow morning

Awesome idea =]

Edit: I gave them a call just now, the official support line (1-800-769-2333) is useless, they knew less about the brick then I did. Nice guy though, he gave me the number to the actual brick company. After being transfered 3 times I got a hold of someone who said she wasn't totally sure. She said she will get back to me at some point today, from the tone of her voice it didn't sound very promising because she immediately thought it was an advertisement but we shall see.

She did ask for the websites address which I gave to her (and sample some sample text) so it might not be the best idea to have a bunch of people flood their call system and annoy them.

Edited by squishyx

Awesome idea =]

Edit: I gave them a call just now, the official support line (1-800-769-2333) is useless, they knew less about the brick then I did. Nice guy though, he gave me the number to the actual brick company. After being transfered 3 times I got a hold of someone who said she wasn't totally sure. She said she will get back to me at some point today, from the tone of her voice it didn't sound very promising because she immediately thought it was an advertisement but we shall see.

She did ask for the websites address which I gave to her (and sample some sample text) so it might not be the best idea to have a bunch of people flood their call system and annoy them.

Thanks squishy.. Got your $10 donation too, btw which is greatly appreciated!! Let us know what they say.. I'll be checking in all day

Thanks squishy.. Got your $10 donation too, btw which is greatly appreciated!! Let us know what they say.. I'll be checking in all day

So my rep just got back to me, she noticed that you had inquired as well (privacy breech? :noclue: ). She said they were looking into the situation with the Devils and would get back to you via e-mail later today. My guess is, they will print whatever the client wants so they are just working their way up the chain.

If for some reason this doesn't get approved, don't refund my donation, just forward it to DM to put toward the expense of running this forum. Thanks Colin!

Thank you! I'll be sure to do that, although things are looking good as of this moment

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.