Why no FSNY feed in Albany?

sheeps

The first game wasn't on FSNY in Albany, and it looks like tonight's won't be, either. MSG carries Sabres games in Albany, so it's not on MSG either.

I mean, it's nice that I get to see the game no matter what with Center Ice, but I'd like to know if this is going to be an all-season-long sort of thing. I'd like to hear Doc call the game and have Matt and the Maven, thank you!

Flyers announcers tonight, it looks like :puke:

i think I dont' get any devils games on FSNY in rochester. and ITS INCREDIBLY ANNOYING

edit: I think i'm in region 3 of this blackout code on this thing:

http://www.newjerseydevils.com/2005/html/t...adcast05-06.pdf

but i'm not sure. Since i didn't get the first preseason game i think i am.

Edited by halfsharkalligatorhalfman

i think I dont' get any devils games on FSNY in rochester.  and ITS INCREDIBLY ANNOYING

edit: I think i'm in region 3 of this blackout code on this thing:

http://www.newjerseydevils.com/2005/html/t...adcast05-06.pdf

but i'm not sure.  Since i didn't get the first preseason game i think i am.

Sounds like it. My condolences. And I'm gonna guess Albany's in region 5. According to TW Albany, we're only getting 46 Devils games this year (44 if you don't count OLN). Meanwhile, we're getting 75 Sabres games! :rant: (I guess Albany really is part of Buffalo's TV territory.)

How could Albany be considered part of Buffalo territory? It's 4 1/2  hours to Buffalo and 2 1/2 to E. Rutherford/NYC. I swear they divvy regions up to screw Devils fans.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That's because to the boneheads in NYC, anything north of Poughkeepsie is "upstate". Buffalo is "upstate", Albany is "upstate", therefore, they are the same place. Albany is Buffalo territory. :rant:

I knew you were out in the boonies, but I didn't think you were so far out that you got the NYC stations! :wacko: I'm guessing you have an antenna set up to pull in the Albany stations, then...

I think Sammy said that CI on the dish usually gives you your choice of feeds. And I think the blackouts are such that even if FSNY is blocked here on cable, you can still get the game on of CI. Wednesday's game was on there (albeit with the Pens' announcers), and I'm assuming tonight's game was available to Albany viewers as well (though I didn't check as the lone digital cable box in the house was in use all night).

I knew you were out in the boonies, but I didn't think you were so far out that you got the NYC stations!  :wacko:  I'm guessing you have an antenna set up to pull in the Albany stations, then...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think he can put in a request for the Albany stations (at least, that's what I did with DirecTV, because I originally had the NYC channels). That's assuming DishNetwork has the same policy, but both companies are basically the same thing, so I would assume so. It doesn't really have to do with proximity to Albany.

DirecTV in Albany isn't blacked out either, so collectively satellite seems immune to dreaded blackouts.

Edited by Voros19

I think he can put in a request for the Albany stations...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

He? :(

We've tried to get the Albany channels, but you need a special receiver to get them, so the closest city with stations we can get is NYC. We do have the old rabbit ears to get the local Albany channels!