The new NHL Network

HellOnICE

So if anyone noticed, the new NHL tonight premiered last night on the rebranding of the network.

However, did anyone else get a little wobbly from the flying in graphics on every part of the show. I'm usually good with that stuff, but all the spinning graphics made it difficult to watch.

Anyone, bueheler?

So if anyone noticed, the new NHL tonight premiered last night on the rebranding of the network.

However, did anyone else get a little wobbly from the flying in graphics on every part of the show. I'm usually good with that stuff, but all the spinning graphics made it difficult to watch.

Anyone, bueheler?

Didnt see it but sounds like they're trying to be like every other major american network with the A.D.D. , 'look at how we are desperately trying to show you how hip, cool, tech-savy we are!' presentation. I cant even look at the Weather Channel anymore without asking what the hell is going on here lol. Rant over.

The NHL Network setup was just fine before.

Edited by devlman

I think all they did was change the network's logo to a big "NHL" on top of the shield, and the 10 PM highlight show is now called NHL Tonight instead of NHL On the Fly. On the Fly still airs beforehand, but as far as I can tell, it's pretty much the same. I didn't really notice much about new graphics though.

instead of rebranding, they should focus more on their programming. when the season was over, it did not make sense to replay the stanley cup playoffs the whole time. i would love to see them air documentaries, original shows, vintage games/all star games, or even stanley cup videos of other teams

Agreed, grc...; the 24 hours of non-stop playoff games was a waste. I pray they don't do that again next year. In Canada, they only saw a new game once per night, with a few scattered repeats, otherwise, they had regular programming, (different shows, top 10's, classic games, etc.).

And I want them to return to showing all the goals with the pbp announcers as their called.

I get re-branding as a concept but I don't really see why it's necessary for a niche channel like NHL Network...it seems like only NHL/hockey fans would watch NHL Network to begin with so I don't see the point of pouring money into it. Getting more on NBC or Versus would be my priority. But I guess they'll do what they do...but you can tell by the lack of variety of the commercials that they really lack sponsors...

I think all they did was change the network's logo to a big "NHL" on top of the shield, and the 10 PM highlight show is now called NHL Tonight instead of NHL On the Fly. On the Fly still airs beforehand, but as far as I can tell, it's pretty much the same. I didn't really notice much about new graphics though.

This post sums it up to a T

• 2 weeks later...

She actually knows a lot about the game, I've been watching the last few nights-not that bad.

The only thing is, this show suffers A LOT when the NHL has those 2 or 3 game nights, there's not a lot to discuss in that long period of time-things repeat a lot.

yeah, she is very knowledgable (and nice to look at as well)

Turco just seems either stupid or nervous everytime he is on, but he knows his stuff, just cant seem to articulate his thoughts correctly over TV

but agreed, when theres a few games... the new content lasts max 20 minutes... then i just switch the channel

I wish they would show more AHL games and not the usual AHL games from Toronto and Hamilton.

Thing is, not too many AHL teams have their games on TV. I think Leafs TV has a few Marlies games, and CBC does a limited package involving the Canadian teams (and any US-based affiliates of Canadian NHL squads). Rogers Sportsnet might do a limited Canadian package as well, but don't quote me on that. As for the States, I think Chicago gets most of their games on TV, and the Rochester and Syracuse divisions of Time Warner Cable produce a handful of Amerks and Crunch games, respectively. Aside from those, there may be the occasional game here and there, but nothing consistent.