NSFW: Cam Janssen interview

Mayday

That was awesome! Just goes to show that these guys are real. It's not just the bullsh!t you see in interviews where guys have been prepped for years to answer questions and say the right things. There is a place for the Cam Janssens in the game. They make the game interesting. Your teams down by three you need these guys out there to get the crowd and the team back into the game. They also protect their teammates. It's a long season these guys are important for keeping your stars on the ice the whole year.

That was awesome! Just goes to show that these guys are real. It's not just the bullsh!t you see in interviews where guys have been prepped for years to answer questions and say the right things. There is a place for the Cam Janssens in the game. They make the game interesting. Your teams down by three you need these guys out there to get the crowd and the team back into the game. They also protect their teammates. It's a long season these guys are important for keeping your stars on the ice the whole year.

But sadly many times the reason the team is down by three is because of these type of players.

While this is refreshing...Janssen is such a meathead...it's unbelievable. He'll be lucky if Lou doesn't get a hold of this or the mainstream media who would be absolutely willing to rip him apart. The comment below is why athletes don't want to do interviews like this:

Interviewer: If the guy was sucking cock 4 weeks ago, you're gonna let him know about it.

Cam: Oh if he's sucking cock, he's getting his ass kicked.

I'm sure with the You Can Play Project, this is the kind of example they would just hate. I know he was probably joking, but this is exactly the joking around inside locker rooms I imagine happens all the time. We'll see if this interview stays quiet. If not, Cam has some explaining to do.

And hey, if people here were pissed with the Janssen signing, sending this to a few folks in the hockey media might get Cam banished to the minors all season.

Edited by devilsrule33

While this is refreshing...Janssen is such a meathead...it's unbelievable. He'll be lucky if Lou doesn't get a hold of this or the mainstream media who would be absolutely willing to rip him apart. The comment below is why athletes don't want to do interviews like this:

Interviewer: If the guy was sucking cock 4 weeks ago, you're gonna let him know about it.

Cam: Oh if he's sucking cock, he's getting his ass kicked.

I'm sure with the You Can Play Project, this is the kind of example they would just hate. I know he was probably joking, but this is exactly the joking around inside locker rooms I imagine happens all the time. We'll see if this interview stays quiet. If not, Cam has some explaining to do.

And hey, if people here were pissed with the Janssen signing, sending this to a few folks in the hockey media might get Cam banished to the minors all season.

are you saying you think his career could be ruined from that comment because of the bullsh!t state of sports and media today or because YOU want his career to be ruined from it?

I think you are in the former category judging by your whole post and I agree in today's sports world this was a bad decision. He's lucky he's not in one of the mainstream sports - he'd be fined and suspended.

Edited by ben00rs

are you saying you think his career could be ruined from that comment because of the bullsh!t state of sports and media today or because YOU want his career to be ruined from it?

I think you are in the former judging by your whole post and I agree in today's sports world this was a bad decision. He's lucky he's not in one of the mainstream sports - he'd be fined and suspended.

The last part was a joke. I'm not trying to ruin anyone's career but I do know there are a lot of sites and a lot of people that would have no problem doing so, and I believe that sound bite going viral could be a big blow to his career. Cam is a dime a dozen. He's the most replaceable guy in the league. Something like this could be bad for him, especially the close relationship Lou has with Brian Burke. Kobe Bryant can get away with calling a ref a "f*g" with a slap on the wrist. He's Kobe Bryant. But Cam Janssen saying he'd a kick a f*g's ass is a whole different story.

The NHL is doing great things trying to combat homophobia in hockey. A lot of star athletes are on board with the message that no matter what sexuality you are, if you can play hockey, you can play. Never a good sign when someone in an interview says that if you suck dick, you're getting your ass kicked. It's just a reminder how far away we are. Even if Cam is joking around, he said it.

Edited by devilsrule33

The last part was a joke. I'm not trying to ruin anyone's career but I do know there are a lot of sites and a lot of people that would have no problem doing so, and I believe this internet going viral could be a big blow to his career. Cam is a dime a dozen. He's the most replaceable guy in the league. Something like this could be bad for him, especially the close relationship Lou has with Brian Burke. Kobe Bryant can get away with calling a ref a "f*g" with a slap on the wrist. He's Kobe Bryant. But Cam Janssen saying he'd a kick a f*g's ass is a whole different story.

The NHL is doing great things trying to combat homophobia in hockey. A lot of star athletes are on board with the message that no matter what sexuality you are, if you can play hockey, you can play. Never a good sign when someone in an interview says that if you suck dick, you're getting your ass kicked. It's just a reminder how far away we are. Even if Cam is joking around, he said it.

I know it was a joke - i was exaggerating too, but the point is serious and you're right. Cam should definitely have been more careful then that. I just think there's never any attention on Cam Janssen so he is not used to watching what he says. This is just the first time it's been seen by us. I feel for Cam bc he was just joking in response to the hosts' loaded comment/question. Lou will DEFINITELY not appreciate this if he sees it and it would be a shame to see a guy who's worked so hard to be in the league be punished/lose that chance because he's naive and was innocently just joking around.

I know it was a joke - i was exaggerating too, but the point is serious and you're right. Cam should definitely have been more careful then that. I just think there's never any attention on Cam Janssen so he is not used to watching what he says. This is just the first time it's been seen by us. I feel for Cam bc he was just joking in response to the hosts' loaded comment/question. Lou will DEFINITELY not appreciate this if he sees it and it would be a shame to see a guy who's worked so hard to be in the league be punished/lose that chance because he's naive and was innocently just joking around.

I agree with you where Cam got caught joking around after a loaded question/comment by the host, but the quote is out there and really shows the dangers of these interviews. The thing is the You Can Play Project is pretty damn big in the league wit a lot of big-time players and managers involved. It's done a lot of good, but this is the exact quote tha perhaps media members with some agenda's (or not) would love to run with to show how far away we actually are to openly gay men being accepted in the NHL. And again, this isn't an accusation like with Avery about Simmonds. This is a clear-cut quote on a radio station/podcast.

I remember Patrick Burke saying that the main concern is casual homophobia all over hockey locker rooms where people say "that's gay" instead of dumb or "don't be a f*g" instead of "douche" or "idiot" or "pansy". Well this is a hell of a lot worse. Stripped of the context, this quote is just brutal. This is a player saying he'd physically hurt someones because of it.

Now some can say lighten up or what not, but I'm really just predicting how it would be interrupted by the mainstream media once it gets picked up. I think we all know how this sh!t works and how fvcked Cam might be. I know some writers for a certain blog that have no problem fvcking anyone (usually they deserve it) like to read these boards (and Jester too), so we'll see in the next 24 hours. The more this Cam Janssen uncut interview gets spread around, the better the chance that quote goes viral. And really all it takes is one mainstream writer. Now even if Cam apologies and gets forgiven, his name will always be used in stories and examples for a long time to come.

Edited by devilsrule33

I agree with you where Cam got caught joking around after a loaded question/comment by the host, but the quote is out there and really shows the dangers of these interviews. The thing is the You Can Play Project is pretty damn big in the league wit a lot of big-time players and managers involved. It's done a lot of good, but this is the exact quote tha perhaps media members with some agenda's (or not) would love to run with to show how far away we actually are to gay men being accepted in the NHL. And again, this isn't an accusation like with Avery about Simmonds. This is a clear-cut quote on a radio station/podcast.

I remember Patrick Burke saying that the main concern is casual homophobia all over hockey locker rooms where people say "that's gay" instead of dumb or "don't be a f*g" instead of "douche" or "idiot" or "pansy". Well this is a hell of a lot worse. Stripped of the context, this quote is just brutal. This is a player saying physically hurt someones because of it.

Now some can say lighten up or what not, but I'm really just predicting how it would be interrupted by the mainstream media once it gets picked up. I think we all know how this sh!t works and how fvcked Cam might be. I know some writers for a certain blog that have no problem fvcking anyone (usually they deserve it) like to read these boards (and Jester too), so we'll see in the next 24 hours. The more this Cam Janssen uncut interview gets spread around, the better the chance that quote goes viral. And really all it takes is one mainstream writer.

100% agreed. Every point you made.

Edited by ben00rs

I love the interview... and agree, the media could eat him alive for it. Which sucks. Most athletes are this way, they just need to filter themselves to death to the point you get this as their persona: "Hockey has been good to me, the owner/management is great, the fans are great, it's just been an unbelievable ride that I hope continues zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz"

Edited by aylbert

Even so Cam shouldn't have to explain himself to anyone. I don't care if you're straight, gay, bi, white, black, brown, green or purple but the you can play project and the nhl diversity project are both PC bullsh!t projects.