NSFW: Cam Janssen interview

Mayday

Pathetic. Can even say anything on an unrated show without getting vilified by the pussified uber-sensitive retards of today's society. Is there a freedom of speech anymore? And GLADD can go fvck themselves for all I care; that corrupt craphole of an org is a reason why WWE sucks today.

The problem here is the major hypocrisy of it all. I've had gay co-workers, bosses, and friends even and the way they talk would put Cam's interview to shame. On top of that, I'm sure many of them would not even have a problem with what Cam said given the context of what he was talking about. I really hate these pro anything groups. This is the USA god damn it. We have the right to free speech, bare arms, and religious freedom. We also have the right to not take part in any of these things... fvck this pc sh!t that public groups have banded that tries to limit any of these freedoms. If I wanna own semi-automatic rifle it's my right. If I wanna fvck my best friend, that's my right too. (I don't by the way). If I wanna praise god, my right. If I wanna say fvck a god, my right too. It's the USA, motherfvckers! I went in the military to be a part of preserving these things. This is all bullsh!t and Cam is getting fvcked and shouldn't of had to apologize to anyone. If Lou doesn't agree fvck him too.

Also why isn't this you can play project just a complete anti bullying project? This whole thing is a joke and the NHL should stick to hockey and forget the politics. Speaking of bullies, didn't Brian Burke try to pull some strings to get Don Cherry fired?

So because you disagree with the aims of the project because you think it's not wide enough in scope - and also there's not an athlete in the four major team sports that's said they're gay while playing, despite the fact that there simply has to be, by sheer law of averages, some homosexuals there - it's a joke.

Also, what does Brian Burke have to with the YCP project? Yes, his son runs it, and yes, he's spoken in favor of it.

The problem here is the major hypocrisy of it all. I've had gay co-workers, bosses, and friends even and the way they talk would put Cam's interview to shame. On top of that, I'm sure many of them would not even have a problem with what Cam said given the context of what he was talking about. I really hate these pro anything groups. This is the USA god damn it. We have the right to free speech, bare arms, and religious freedom. We also have the right to not take part in any of these things... fvck this pc sh!t that public groups have banded that tries to limit any of these freedoms. If I wanna own semi-automatic rifle it's my right. If I wanna fvck my best friend, that's my right too. (I don't by the way). If I wanna praise god, my right. If I wanna say fvck a god, my right too. It's the USA, motherfvckers! I went in the military to be a part of preserving these things. This is all bullsh!t and Cam is getting fvcked and shouldn't of had to apologize to anyone. If Lou doesn't agree fvck him too.

The Constitution doesn't give you the right to tell your boss to fvck off without getting fired. It just says that Congress can't make a law that inhibits your speech. Likewise, NHL contracts have a morality clause written into them - NHL players have the right to say what they please, but they also have the right to accept NHL or team suspensions for doing so (e.g. Sean Avery).

Edited by Triumph

The Constitution doesn't give you the right to tell your boss to fvck off without getting fired. It just says that Congress can't make a law that inhibits your speech. Likewise, NHL contracts have a morality clause written into them - NHL players have the right to say what they please, but they also have the right to accept NHL or team suspensions for doing so (e.g. Sean Avery).

I'm not an expert on NHL contracts and Cam didn't tell his boss to fvck off as far as I'm aware. What the NHL wants to do about this according to their bylaws is on them. I'm speaking strictly from a public perspective not the private. If the NHL does anything it will be because of this stupid Burke foundation that shouldn't even be necessary and only is because of other stupid foundations that make people feel like that have to hide who they are.

I think there's a lot of misplaced anger on both sides of this. From the overreactions to the public reaction (including on this forum), to the overly PC nonsense from people who have no idea of this situation. Its a mountain out of a molehill in every respect from every side.

Cam is responsible for what he says in a public forum. He represents this team. The only reason he's asked to do interviews like this is because he's a professional hockey player. The organization has every right to request him to make a statement.

I am personally not offended one bit by it. I'm sure every guy on this forum has spoken to their friends in a similar manner and have used the word "jerk" (this was a different word but the forum changed it lol) or similar connotations in jest rather than in hate. I have many times and do so without even thinking as its basically vernacular. The difference there is, we don't represent a public organization when doing so and don't have an audience except people who understand exactly where we're coming from.

Getting on Burke about this is ridiculous. Its not the same thing as being on the ice and chirping at another player in the heat of the battle than talking trash during an interview. Burke has probably been the most level-headed about it in terms of a public figure.

Edited by ghdi

I'm not an expert on NHL contracts and Cam didn't tell his boss to fvck off as far as I'm aware. What the NHL wants to do about this according to their bylaws is on them. I'm speaking strictly from a public perspective not the private. If the NHL does anything it will be because of this stupid Burke foundation that shouldn't even be necessary and only is because of other stupid foundations that make people feel like that have to hide who they are.

That 'other foundation' is 'American history up to about the 1960s'. I'm not sure what you're arguing, but while I think the premise of YCP is slightly flawed, there's still 0 out athletes in the 4 major team sports.

I mean, yes, there is an intolerance that comes in with 'too much tolerance', and I think we're seeing it among some people who've refused to accept Janssen's apology. Still, the Devils have every right to be upset with Janssen giving a wildly profane interview, even with his homosexuality remarks aside.

Pathetic. Can even say anything on an unrated show without getting vilified by the pussified uber-sensitive retards of today's society. Is there a freedom of speech anymore? And GLADD can go fvck themselves for all I care; that corrupt craphole of an org is a reason why WWE sucks today.

The real big part of its Linda Mcmahons political work. They need to keep that "PG" rating for that. Plus the writers and the wrestlers aren't as good or entertaining as they use to be.

So because you disagree with the aims of the project because you think it's not wide enough in scope - and also there's not an athlete in the four major team sports that's said they're gay while playing, despite the fact that there simply has to be, by sheer law of averages, some homosexuals there - it's a joke.

Also, what does Brian Burke have to with the YCP project? Yes, his son runs it, and yes, he's spoken in favor of it.

cause I don't see why the NHL has to get involved with this project. I don't think having gays in the sport who hide it is that big of an issue. Has there ever been a retired player who has come out? I can't think of any. I just don't think the NHL should get involved with politics.

That 'other foundation' is 'American history up to about the 1960s'. I'm not sure what you're arguing, but while I think the premise of YCP is slightly flawed, there's still 0 out athletes in the 4 major team sports.

I mean, yes, there is an intolerance that comes in with 'too much tolerance', and I think we're seeing it among some people who've refused to accept Janssen's apology. Still, the Devils have every right to be upset with Janssen giving a wildly profane interview, even with his homosexuality remarks aside.

So... You're saying that American society prior to the 60's was stupid (my word from previous post)? My argument is that it doesn't (shouldn't) matter what your personal interest/preferences are and everyone is intolerant but these special interest groups cherry-pick who they want to gang up on. How is that any different than the original bully in the first place?

cause I don't see why the NHL has to get involved with this project. I don't think having gays in the sport who hide it is that big of an issue. Has there ever been a retired player who has come out? I can't think of any. I just don't think the NHL should get involved with politics.

Uh, isn't that more of a reason to get involved? Do you honestly think that literally 0 NHL players ever have been sexually attracted to men, primarily?

So... You're saying that American society prior to the 60's was stupid (my word from previous post)? My argument is that it doesn't (shouldn't) matter what your personal interest/preferences are and everyone is intolerant but these special interest groups cherry-pick who they want to gang up on. How is that any different than the original bully in the first place?

No, I'm saying that American society prior to the 1960s was grossly intolerant of homosexuality, and I think arguing that 'everyone is intolerant' is rationalizing the poor decisions people make on these issues. YCP is not about bullying at all. It's trying to get people to recognize that being a homosexual and being a team sport athlete shouldn't be mutually exclusive.

Cam is responsible for what he says in a public forum. He represents this team. The only reason he's asked to do interviews like this is because he's a professional hockey player. The organization has every right to request him to make a statement.

Why do so few on here get this? Do so few have jobs? This is common "don't put your foot in your mouth an jeapodize your career" sh!t.

Plus id this was a Ranger or Flyer the venom would totally be focused the other way around.

Uh, isn't that more of a reason to get involved? Do you honestly think that literally 0 NHL players ever have been sexually attracted to men, primarily?

I think the NHL should stick to what they are suppose to do and just run a hockey league. No matter how anyone wants to argue it, this always comes back to being a religious and political issue and the NHL should have no business being involved in it.

Edited by Satans Hockey
  • Like 1

Homosexuals have been murdered due to simply being a homosexual.

Homosexuals have also been discriminated to the point that they have suffered from physical and psychological abuse up to and including being demonized by the ultra-self righteous. There was a time in this country where this was all very mainstream.

There is a reason such "corrupt" organizations such as GLAAD exist.

As for Janssen's profanity, whatever. Insert the current blue-ray of today's most popular "cutting edge" comic, and you'll hear basically the same thing. Is it crude and crass? Absolutely. But Janssen was being real, and I think that was the best part of the interview.

As for his "homophobic" comments, I don't think it was specifically targeting gays. I think it was targeted more to an opponent he thinks he can "get off his game."

I think GLAAD, Janssen, and the Devils handled this well. GLAAD pointed out that this is an opportunity for Janssen to do some philanthropic work on behalf of the LGBT Community, should he choose to do so. Janssen, realizing he put himself in a situation where he could be taken out of context, "manned up" and issued a formal, seemingly sincere, apology. And the Devils posted Janssen's apology without further comment.

The right to free speach doesn't mean you get to escape the criticism, or acclaim, that comes with it.

Edited by GA Devil

I think the NHL should stick to what they are suppose to do and just run a hockey league. No matter how anyone wants to argue it, this always comes back to being a religious and political issue and the NHL should have no business being involved in it.

The NHL is not sponsoring the YCP project, to my knowledge and based on a cursory examination of their website. YCP is being run off donations and is asking NHL players to make videos about the cause. There appears to be nothing beyond that.

The NHL is not sponsoring the YCP project, to my knowledge and based on a cursory examination of their website. YCP is being run off donations and is asking NHL players to make videos about the cause. There appears to be nothing beyond that.

The videos were shown in the arena during the playoffs so either the Devils agreed to show it or the NHL asked them to show it.

Either way I think this should stuff shouldn't be shown. I'm there to watch a hockey game not to get involved in political nonsense.