71 replies to this topic

#61 squishyx

squishyx

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,309 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 09:17 AM

Is there such thing as a double minor for injuring a player in boarding. I thought it was either 2 or 5 and misconduct.

Correct, boarding can only be 2 or 5. Rule 41 - Boarding

#62 JWomp

JWomp

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,505 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 09:20 AM

Actually it does. They would've scored 2, knocking out both minor penalties. You can score as much as you want on a major.

Haha as much as you want...just sounds funny. Who wouldn't WANT to score 10+ goals on a major? ;-)
Check out my Devils game used memorabilia collection: http://community.web...user/TJordan522

#63 BCdevil

BCdevil

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 612 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 09:28 AM

Correct, boarding can only be 2 or 5. Rule 41 - Boarding

The solution to that is 2 for boarding and 2 for roughing or something like that. There's always a loophole.
Posted Image

#64 Devs4LordStanley

Devs4LordStanley

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 502 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 09:32 AM

Haha as much as you want...just sounds funny. Who wouldn't WANT to score 10+ goals on a major? ;-)

You know what I mean :rolleyes:

Let's Go Devils!

@NTylerNJD

#65 BlueSkirt

BlueSkirt

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,844 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 09:56 AM

Thanks for the clarification
sorry, I did not mean to hijack this great thread about welcoming the team home...

#66 Devilsrock01

Devilsrock01

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 842 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 05:42 PM

great job guys!!!

Posted Image

#67 El Diablo

El Diablo

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 6,355 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 06:28 PM

Awesome job by al who where there - this team, gave us a lot of unexpected happiness this year, I know to get so close we all wanted it. Congratulations to the fans and the team.
Posted Image

- props to Puddy for Stevens banner above -

"Stevens doesn't check a guy's age, his salary, his scoring record or his Hall of Fame credentials when he lines him up. He just hits him. "

"YOURE NEXT" -Scott Stevens

"Where are you from?" Jersey. Where the weak are killed and eaten.

#68 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • 6,210 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 07:58 PM

TG said Bernier got a little emotional when he talked about the fan support when he got off the bus.. I think that's awesome, especially because TG made it seem like Bernie was blaming himself for the loss

Season Ticket Holder since '08 - '09
Section 226 - Row 2 - Seats 15 and 16

devildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gif

#69 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,614 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 09:22 PM

TG said Bernier got a little emotional when he talked about the fan support when he got off the bus.. I think that's awesome, especially because TG made it seem like Bernie was blaming himself for the loss

Great to hear. I definitely want him back for next season, he played with heart every shift.

believe-zubrus.jpg

#70 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,249 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 11:34 AM

In case anyone wants to read it...

http://blogs.northje...hope_to_return/

Bernier was very touched by the fan support he received when the team returned from Los Angeles Tuesday afternoon. A group of approximately 500 fans waited out in the rain for the team bus and Bernier received a loud ovation when he stepped off of it. There were also signs expressing support for him.

“You play for a team in a city. I want to win as much as they do and even more,” he said. “I want to win so badly. To have that support and all those signs, it’s very, very comforting and I could not thank them enough.”

#71 Biggie B

Biggie B

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,040 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 11:57 PM

Good job guys. Thanks for coming out.
Posted Image
Holding it down (in loving memory) for Vitaly "THE UKRAINE TRAIN" Vishnevski

If you can't take the heat, step away from the flames.

#72 Iced Kola

Iced Kola

Draft Pick

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 09:30 AM

Pete Deboer stopped and was very cordial as usual, Zach Parise(with Andy Greene as passenger) stopped and signed, Hedberg was great too(he had Josefson and Tedenby in the car with him), Zubrus was high-fiving fans as he went by...as was Eric Boulton. Tallinder waved as he rolled by but didn't put down his window. Not sure about the rest but the only two that I saw roll by without even really acknowledging the fans were Ponikarovsky and Adam Oates. Didn't see Clarkson or Kovalchuk at all...curious if anyone else did

Saw both Clarkson and Kovalchuk. Kovalchuk left in a beautiful Mercedes SUV I believe, he might've been one of the first players out.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users