on November 11, when Minnesota comes to town, what do we do to Zach?

snartly

102 members have voted

1. 1. What should we do when Parise comes back to Jersey

• Boo at him every time he touches the puck
    • applaud him before the game for all of his work for the devils
    • Chant "Kovy's better"

Was reading the HF Devils board, and between us over here and a lot of fans over there, there seems to be a consensus that November 11, we send Zach Parise a message he never forgets. I'm all in for that. Be it tossing your Parise shirt or jersey on the ice, tons of clever and insulting signs, 'F you Zach' chants- we must make it a night he never forgets. So its only loud when we play the Rangers, eh Zach? You're about to get a rude awakening bud. I want him to leave Newark crying on his BFF's shoulder that night. Bottom line, while booing is great, we need to take it a step further, in light of his blatant boldfaced lying to EVERYONE- not just the fans- his teammates and Lou as well. This must be, unquestionably, the most hostile and vile reception an ex-Devil has EVER received upon their return to New Jersey to play the Devils. So let's make it happen.

Glad you cooled off.

First step: A WWE-style "a$$hole" chant whenever he's on the ice. Make it deafening. All game long.

Second step: 9 minutes left in the first period, first stoppage of play in that minute, a jersey/merch toss. Make sure you wear it to the arena because if you're carrying stuff security wont let you bring it in. They will be expecting this sort of thing. Make that Heatley toss in Ottawa look bush league. However, we may get called for a penalty for this.

Third step: Signs of all sorts in the glass for visitor warmups.

This is not a game to take the kids to.

Also, he's reportedly HATING the Lebron comparisons. Whoever sits behind the Wild bench need those big heads like they had in LA of Snooki and crap, but have Lebron James and friends instead.

I hold grudges. Big ones. And I will never apologize for it.

At the end of the day, he never lied to the fans, his teammates or Lou...that we know of publically. And we have no clue what "don't worry" meant. Did anyone really feel after those words he'd be back for sure? It just blows my mind that so many people are going crazy about two simple words. I still believe Zach loved being a Devil and wanted to be part of this team for a long time when he said those things. But, he also had dreams of playing for the hometown team. As we might all have in his shoes. You don't know in November or December, or whenever he asked the media to stop questioning about it, if your hometown team is going to even offer you a long-term deal in July. Pretty much every free agent is torn between the team they are on and a new destination. I'm happy it was Minny and not Pitt or Philly. Then I would have no problem arguing with anyone or anything being said about him.

In the end, Zach is not a Devil and that hurts everyone, so I think anyone is drawing on anything Zach may have said to justify being angry that he is no longer a Devil. Most people are talking in general terms of past quotes (which even then is a little ridiculous about things being said months ago when so many factors weren't into play), while most people are hung up on "don't worry", which just might have been Zach telling a few fans not to fret over his impending free agency, not because he might not be going, but because it just isn't worth it. And say he did mean don't worry in the way everyone here thinks it. At that moment after coming off such a run, he felt like he'd be in NJ. Are athletes not allowed to change their mind? Certainly, things were going to change when he found out his hometown team was after him, and he could play with a very good friend, and he saw all the benefits living at home could do for him. In that moment he wasn't thinking about July 1st, because he was professional and had blocked it out to focus on one thing, bringing a Cup to NJ. Should he have passed on going to Minny because in that moment he said "don't worry" to 15 people and it spread like wildfire, and that be unfair to those fans.

Predators fans should be more pissed because apparently Suter is on the record of telling Poile he would sign with them. But at the end of the day, none of that stuff bothers me either. Players are allowed to change their mind. You might 100% mean something in the moment, but no one should be forced to stick to that for the rest of their life.

Edited by devilsrule33

Again, this isn't the time to be pleading for leniency in front of an angry mob. I don't understand why people don't get this. If you want to make this argument on November 10 about how Zach's a good guy and all and complain how people aren't over it, whatever. The wound's too fresh now, you and everyone else are not going to get anywhere arguing this point this week.

No offense but people arguing how we're being too hard on Zach and why we shouldn't hate him are annoying me almost as much as Zach's bromance itself. He's not a Devil anymore and he left us, why should I give two ***** about being fair to him now? And if he felt he was going to be here all along, why was he talking with Suter during the season about linking up? Please.

Edited by NJDevs4978
  • Like 2

At the end of the day, he never lied to the fans, his teammates or Lou...that we know of publically. And we have no clue what "don't worry" meant. Did anyone really feel after those words he'd be back for sure? It just blows my mind that so many people are going crazy about two simple words. I still believe Zach loved being a Devil and wanted to be part of this team for a long time when he said those things. But, he also had dreams of playing for the hometown team. As we might all have in his shoes. You don't know in November or December, or whenever he asked the media to stop questioning about it, if your hometown team is going to even offer you a long-term deal in July. Pretty much every free agent is torn between the team they are on and a new destination. I'm happy it was Minny and not Pitt or Philly. Then I would have no problem arguing with anyone or anything being said about him.

In the end, Zach is not a Devil and that hurts everyone, so I think anyone is drawing on anything Zach may have said to justify being angry that he is no longer a Devil. Most people are talking in general terms of past quotes (which even then is a little ridiculous about things being said months ago when so many factors weren't into play), while most people are hung up on "don't worry", which just might have been Zach telling a few fans not to fret over his impending free agency, not because he might not be going, but because it just isn't worth it. And say he did mean don't worry in the way everyone here thinks it. At that moment after coming off such a run, he felt like he'd be in NJ, are athletes not allowed to change their mind? Certainly, things were going to change when he found out his hometown team was after him, and he could play with a very good friend, and he saw all the benefits living at home could do for him. In that moment he wasn't thinking about July 1st, because he was professional and had blocked it out to focus on one thing, bringing a Cup to NJ. Should he have passed on going to Minny because in that moment he said "don't worry" to 15 people and it spread like wildfire, and that be unfair to those fans.

Predators fans should be more pissed because apparently Suter is on the record of telling Poile he would sign with them. But at the end of the day, none of that stuff bothers me either. Players are allowed to change their mind. You might 100% mean something in the moment, but no one should be forced to stick to that for the rest of their life.

DR, I like you a lot and have always respected you as a poster. But I think you're being naïve. I don't mean that as an insult, or to be an a$$hole. I just think you're not seeing the forest for the trees here, and you're head's buried in the sand. And that's fine, that's your right. Its a free society and I respect your position. But I disagree with it, and there's plenty of evidence that Zach Parise is a first-class liar. I don't need to re-hash it here, it's been beaten to death in about 5 different threads. If you choose to take Zach at face value about the July 2 bullsh!t, feel free. But it's plain to see what happened here, and we have every right to be pissed off. So let's agree to disagree, because I've come to my verdict on Zach Parise, and it's that he's a lying scumbag.

And there's no way Zach only knew on July 2 the Wild were going to make offers to him and Suter when they came out and leaked it publicly weeks earlier.

And that's the next item up for bids on the Price is Right: tampering. We won't hear about it until an investigation is completed by the league, but I expect there to be some serious consequences levied against Minnesota here. How serious? Ask Bettman. But don't think Lou has sat idle on this. There will be blood on that front, of that I have no doubt.

And there's no way Zach only knew on July 2 the Wild were going to make offers to him and Suter when they came out and leaked it publicly weeks earlier.

Never said that. He obviously knew sometime before July 1st, but what's your point exactly?

And that's the next item up for bids on the Price is Right: tampering. We won't hear about it until an investigation is completed by the league, but I expect there to be some serious consequences levied against Minnesota here. How serious? Ask Bettman. But don't think Lou has sat idle on this. There will be blood on that front, of that I have no doubt.

What was done was sketchy, but not technically against any rule. The bottom line is for the most part agents know exactly what teams are going after their guys. There is usually no surprises at all. This is how it has been done for years, especially for big ticket free agents where GMs set their targets months in advance. Just the way it's been, it is, and always will be.

Edited by devilsrule33

everyone will most likely boo but i would like to clap. just to prove everyone we are a classy organization

The Devils don't need you to clap for this douchebag to validate their status as a classy organization. But, whatever floats your boat.

Something needs to be coordinated with a mass of fans behind Minnesota's net for warmups...

Something GRAND

We need to focus on this for now. How about 7 people take one letter each and spell out the word "TRAITOR" behind Minnesota's net? Or perhaps we could all just start a chant? "Thanks for nothing" "overrated" "daddy's boy" "pretty boy bitch" "sell-out" and maybe later in the game, at a time when it wouldn't interrupt play at all, we all throw our Parise apparel on the ice. Maybe after the first commercial break in the second period? Or if that's too extreme maybe everyone could just throw a bunch of "C"s on the ice, which is of course to illustrate what a joke of a captain he was.

While I don't think parise is a traitor or sell out for leaving as it is the choice of any player and they are not bound to any team.

What does really piss me off about this whole thing is the fact that he only went to Minnesota because suter signed there and they wanted to play together. Even Zach said if suter signed with Detroit he would have stayed in nj. That to me only proves Zach is not a man who can think for himself and is suters little bitch boy.

Sorry but that is not a captain that I want and proves he is more of a follower than a leader. Now I see his true colors good fvcking riddance.

woof! I'm going to keep it short as possible! whistling.gif

I'd throw his name and number on the ice....not the whole jersey. Just rip those and throw 'em.

aavt8K09.jpg

...but if I was I'd give an initial clap when the Devils play a retrospective "Welcome back Zach" video ...i

aafN5jkd.jpg

What a genuine group of a$holes you people are.... kovi is not and never will be better than parise. ... the worst thing that will ever happen to this franchise... I knew most devils fans were clueless to the team they support, and now the responses on this confirm that. Shame on any of you that boo the guy for doing whats best for himself. If you were in his shoes youd do the EXACT same thing. The guy didnt go to a rival, he went home. Thats enough of this corny ass website for me children. Feel free to talk amongst yourselves in anger about parise being an intelligent human being and also my response to your comical views on the fella. Ill be back on around september for some ticket deals. Its been real.

aatLZn1C.jpg

How bout you just go to yer favorite Ranger website for ticket deals? Fan? You don't know the meaning of the word.

Edit: What happened to consecutive posts from the same member getting combined?

Think you gotta post in a certain time limit.

... Did he fulfill his end of the bargain as a player? Again, yes.

... but to make it sound like Zach should act like "Oh gee whiz Lou, thanks for drafting me and giving me my big chance, I am now in your debt for life, I'll be happy to stay here no matter what!"

No, he didn't, no cup. THAT is how I have no problem judging someone in THIS successful organization.

.... I'm, also going to bring my Parise jersey with tape over the nameplate with the word "QUITTER" in bold black marker. I will toss this jersey over the glass during warmups. I hope he fvcking trips on it and breaks his face.

thumbsup.gif

Was reading the HF Devils board, and between us over here and a lot of fans over there, there seems to be a consensus that November 11, we send Zach Parise a message he never forgets. I'm all in for that. Be it tossing your Parise shirt or jersey on the ice, tons of clever and insulting signs, 'F you Zach' chants- we must make it a night he never forgets. So its only loud when we play the Rangers, eh Zach? You're about to get a rude awakening bud. I want him to leave Newark crying on his BFF's shoulder that night. Bottom line, while booing is great, we need to take it a step further, in light of his blatant boldfaced lying to EVERYONE- not just the fans- his teammates and Lou as well. This must be, unquestionably, the most hostile and vile reception an ex-Devil has EVER received upon their return to New Jersey to play the Devils. So let's make it happen.

aaz1ksIz.jpg

Also, he's reportedly HATING the Lebron comparisons. Whoever sits behind the Wild bench need those big heads like they had in LA of Snooki and crap, but have Lebron James and friends instead.

haha2.gif

In the end, Zach is not a Devil ...

...and therefore, he will and SHOULD be BOOOOOOO'd

everyone will most likely boo but i would like to clap. just to prove everyone we are a classy organization

Wow. Hell of a first post there!

aaeVcWD6.jpg

There's that stupid c-word again - classy.

fvck classy, we're sports fans, we're passionate people. This lying little sack of sh!t took the Devils for a run, and he deserves what he's going to get on the 11th.

im throwing my feces at him

This guy..I like the way this guy thinks.

Edited by Devilsfan118

Again, this isn't the time to be pleading for leniency in front of an angry mob. I don't understand why people don't get this. If you want to make this argument on November 10 about how Zach's a good guy and all and complain how people aren't over it, whatever. The wound's too fresh now, you and everyone else are not going to get anywhere arguing this point this week.

No offense but people arguing how we're being too hard on Zach and why we shouldn't hate him are annoying me almost as much as Zach's bromance itself. He's not a Devil anymore and he left us, why should I give two ***** about being fair to him now? And if he felt he was going to be here all along, why was he talking with Suter during the season about linking up? Please.

There will always be people trying to prove how smart they are by proving others wrong. Rather than just be kind and allow people to vent since emotions are running high, some people can't help but jump at the chance to go after others and prove them wrong. It's just how the internet works.

Think you gotta post in a certain time limit.

I thought I got it in under the time limit but w/e.