Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,355 posts

Posted 15 July 2005 - 10:02 PM

Kicked ass tonite............
Posted Image

- props to Puddy for Stevens banner above -

"Stevens doesn't check a guy's age, his salary, his scoring record or his Hall of Fame credentials when he lines him up. He just hits him. "

"YOURE NEXT" -Scott Stevens

"Where are you from?" Jersey. Where the weak are killed and eaten.

#2 sammyk

sammyk

Professional Googler

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,601 posts

Posted 15 July 2005 - 10:06 PM

Ok.
This is how big your signature should be. Any larger and you are compensating.

#3 LetsGoDevils

LetsGoDevils

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,177 posts

Posted 15 July 2005 - 10:31 PM

Hate to admit it, but I'm kinda begining to get used to the new Battlestar. Tonights episode was really good.

Also caught the new season of FarGate...err, I mean Stargate. It now has the actors who played Crichton and Aeryn from Farscape on it.
So Say We All

#4 El Diablo

El Diablo

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 6,355 posts

Posted 15 July 2005 - 10:55 PM

What happened to McGyver?
Posted Image

"Stevens doesn't check a guy's age, his salary, his scoring record or his Hall of Fame credentials when he lines him up. He just hits him. "

#5 LetsGoDevils

LetsGoDevils

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,177 posts

Posted 16 July 2005 - 01:02 AM

What happened to McGyver?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Richard Dean Anderson is an Executive Producer on Stargate and his character has been phased out somewhat as he's taken on more of a role with that.
So Say We All

#6 StarDew

StarDew

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,801 posts

Posted 16 July 2005 - 01:23 PM

Yes it was wierd seeing John and Aeryn on Stargate...not so sure about this...he still acts like the Farscape character...I read that Anderson wanted out because he wants to spend more time with his family...no more Gekko productions :( Battlestar was really good...they are finally in a groove...now for Atlantis...I still don't like Hewitt's character...was wierd seeing Ford transform...all in all a good night...next week they are adding some show Firefly before Stargate :)
Dew
So long and thanks for all the fish.
TIMEX RULES!!

"When we were struggling at the beginning of the year we were wondering what was wrong and trying to find reasons. At the end of the day, all we had to do was look in the mirror and the answers were right there." -- Sergei Brylin 12/2/2007

#7 LetsGoDevils

LetsGoDevils

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,177 posts

Posted 16 July 2005 - 02:15 PM

...next week they are adding some show Firefly before Stargate :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Didn't Firefly bomb out once before, like not lasting a season before it was dropped?
So Say We All

#8 El Diablo

El Diablo

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 6,355 posts

Posted 16 July 2005 - 10:48 PM

...next week they are adding some show Firefly before Stargate :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Didn't Firefly bomb out once before, like not lasting a season before it was dropped?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Firefly was highky touted by the critics but nver caught on... sort of like Space Above and Beyond..
BTW - Starbuck's line was great -"Bitch stole my ride...." :lol:
Posted Image

#9 El Diablo

El Diablo

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 6,355 posts

Posted 22 July 2005 - 10:14 PM

Another good episode tonight... :dance:
Posted Image

#10 StarDew

StarDew

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,801 posts

Posted 23 July 2005 - 02:37 PM

Yes it was...btw...do you watch SG1??? If yes, did you notice that it was listed as the conclusion to Avalon yet had to be continued at the end?? I hope that this TBC isn't a weekly thing.
Dew
So long and thanks for all the fish.
TIMEX RULES!!

"When we were struggling at the beginning of the year we were wondering what was wrong and trying to find reasons. At the end of the day, all we had to do was look in the mirror and the answers were right there." -- Sergei Brylin 12/2/2007

#11 LetsGoDevils

LetsGoDevils

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,177 posts

Posted 24 July 2005 - 11:29 AM

Yes it was...btw...do you watch SG1???  If yes, did you notice that it was listed as the conclusion to Avalon yet had to be continued at the end??  I hope that this TBC isn't a weekly thing.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah, I hope not. I did notice the new doc for the SGC is the actress who played Romi on Andromeda. I believe she is also actor Daniel Jacksons wife in real life. :noclue:
So Say We All

#12 NJD Jester

NJD Jester

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,719 posts

Posted 24 July 2005 - 02:35 PM

Solid BG tonight. One of the things I love about this show is that it's trying to round out as many characters as it can in this giant cast. Starbuck, to me, is the most compelling. In just over a season, they've developed her into this devil-may-care hotshot who just so happens to have a deep spiritual side hidden from the world and who uses both her job and her bedroom as a way to work out her own insecurities. Her scene tonight with Helo in her old pad was just a great piece of acting.

<JESTER>
Posted Image

"Glow Pucks & 10-Cent Beer: The 101 Worst Ideas in Sports History" is available now online and at local bookstores.

Get your NJD fan stories published in Hell & Back: A People's History Of The New Jersey Devils. Visit The Hell & Back Homepage for details!

#13 LetsGoDevils

LetsGoDevils

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,177 posts

Posted 24 July 2005 - 06:29 PM

Solid BG tonight. One of the things I love about this show is that it's trying to round out as many characters as it can in this giant cast. Starbuck, to me, is the most compelling. In just over a season, they've developed her into this devil-may-care hotshot who just so happens to have a deep spiritual side hidden from the world and who uses both her job and her bedroom as a way to work out her own insecurities. Her scene tonight with Helo in her old pad was just a great piece of acting.

<JESTER>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah, but Colonials had Humvees?
So Say We All

#14 NJD Jester

NJD Jester

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,719 posts

Posted 25 July 2005 - 06:58 AM

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You're going to complain about that after Callie gets off a "mother-fracker!" in the episode? ;)

<JESTER>
Posted Image

"Glow Pucks & 10-Cent Beer: The 101 Worst Ideas in Sports History" is available now online and at local bookstores.

Get your NJD fan stories published in Hell & Back: A People's History Of The New Jersey Devils. Visit The Hell & Back Homepage for details!

#15 El Diablo

El Diablo

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 6,355 posts

Posted 25 July 2005 - 10:37 AM

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You're going to complain about that after Callie gets off a "mother-fracker!" in the episode? ;)

<JESTER>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Fracking Yeah!
It was the producer's intentions to make Galactica follow a parallel universe to ours, fashion, dialogue and technology was supposed to "resemble" what we know, so if they also drove Hummers, I can live with it.
Posted Image

#16 Darwindog

Darwindog

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,315 posts

Posted 25 July 2005 - 10:41 AM

Wasn't FireFly Joss Whedon's show after Buffy?

I've never found a Buffy replacement. I should - I keep thinking I'd like Lost if I'd just watch it. House is the show I watch most regularly - and I never remember what day it's on..Tuesday or Wednesday.
A dog has the soul of a philosopher. --Plato
Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read. --Groucho Marx
It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog. --Mark Twain

In case you wondered... I'm Pepperkorn's dog

#17 LetsGoDevils

LetsGoDevils

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,177 posts

Posted 25 July 2005 - 02:55 PM

Fracking Yeah!
It was the producer's intentions to make Galactica follow a parallel universe to ours, fashion, dialogue and technology was supposed to "resemble" what we know, so if they also drove Hummers, I can live with it.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

So, she can't afford to pay for electric but she could afford a Humvee for those tough snowed in street days in the city. ;) :evil:

Moral of the story, Humvees don't destroy enviroments; Cylons do. :evil:

Edited by LetsGoDevils, 25 July 2005 - 02:55 PM.

So Say We All

#18 LetsGoDevils

LetsGoDevils

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,177 posts

Posted 25 July 2005 - 02:57 PM

So far, I'm really begining to like this new Battlestar. Later this season, I hear the "Pegasus" is going to show up.
So Say We All

#19 El Diablo

El Diablo

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 6,355 posts

Posted 25 July 2005 - 03:06 PM

Fracking Yeah!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

So, she can't afford to pay for electric but she could afford a Humvee for those tough snowed in street days in the city. ;) :evil:

Moral of the story, Humvees don't destroy enviroments; Cylons do. :evil:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Frankly I would have thought that her and Helo would have gotten on in that scene.... no comments dogg
Yay for a 'Pegasus' storyline - I wish Cassiopea and Athena would turn up somewhere though :rolleyes: :wub:
Posted Image

#20 Darwindog

Darwindog

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,315 posts

Posted 27 July 2005 - 02:45 PM

Hey I watched House again last night -- He's funny! So it's Wednesdays on Fox! 9PM!!

Doesn't funny mean anything to you guys :angry:

I'll try to watch Lost OK? But this battlestar is so dark and I dont care about anyone -- so is it sort of trying to be kind of whatdoyoucallit... Blade Runner-esque? It's weird -- I only saw Edward James Olmos get shot... I didn't watch the whole thing though. It was too heavy handed I though.
A dog has the soul of a philosopher. --Plato
Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read. --Groucho Marx
It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog. --Mark Twain

In case you wondered... I'm Pepperkorn's dog

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users