118 replies to this topic

#41 Weekes Head

Weekes Head

Coulier's #1 Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,581 posts

Posted 28 January 2010 - 12:26 PM

uh...as far as i know, i'm still banned. they reviewed the case like two weeks after it happened and they decided i was a "danger" to the arena and its patrons, which is complete bullsh!t. the security obviously saw what they wanted to see and spun the story a certain way. yeah, sure, they'd listen to the patron's story over security's. lame. anyway, i appealed it but it was denied. i got another letter saying that if i was ever spotted back ANYWHERE in the meadowlands, i'd be arrested for trespassing. i went to every game for the rest of the season (was a sth) and about 80% of games the next season. they moved to newark after that, so i didn't feel it necessary to appeal the ban.

i bet there are hundreds or even thousands of people banned from the caa. there's no way they can keep track of every face as long as you don't make a big stink or stick out and do stupid things. i was mad when i got ejected, but i dealt with it accordingly and just laid low from there on out. now i don't have to worry about it anymore ha.

Edited by RD, 28 January 2010 - 12:26 PM.

...poster claims to have a friend whos father know Kovalchucks agent's close partner and he was told by his friends father that they are just sorting the details out.

The artist formerly known as RD

#42 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,184 posts

Posted 28 January 2010 - 12:30 PM

... says the one perfect law-abiding person in the country who never drank before turning 21, never drove five MPH over the speed limit, never rolled through a stop sign, never jaywalked ...

You beat me to this post..

Hey DiG maybe to get this back on track you could post a little bio/review of each of the bars on the crawl.. Give people an idea of what each is like and what to expect

Edited by Colin226, 28 January 2010 - 12:34 PM.

Posted Image
Season Ticket Holder since '08 - '09
Section 226 - Row 2 - Seats 15 and 16

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#43 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • 6,184 posts

Posted 28 January 2010 - 12:32 PM

uh...as far as i know, i'm still banned. they reviewed the case like two weeks after it happened and they decided i was a "danger" to the arena and its patrons, which is complete bullsh!t. the security obviously saw what they wanted to see and spun the story a certain way. yeah, sure, they'd listen to the patron's story over security's. lame. anyway, i appealed it but it was denied. i got another letter saying that if i was ever spotted back ANYWHERE in the meadowlands, i'd be arrested for trespassing. i went to every game for the rest of the season (was a sth) and about 80% of games the next season. they moved to newark after that, so i didn't feel it necessary to appeal the ban.

i bet there are hundreds or even thousands of people banned from the caa. there's no way they can keep track of every face as long as you don't make a big stink or stick out and do stupid things. i was mad when i got ejected, but i dealt with it accordingly and just laid low from there on out. now i don't have to worry about it anymore ha.

Yeah I've heard stories about Meadowlands security and they're never good stories.. Typical abuse of power and stupidity
Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#44 DaneykoIsGod

DaneykoIsGod

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 28 January 2010 - 01:41 PM

You beat me to this post..

Hey DiG maybe to get this back on track you could post a little bio/review of each of the bars on the crawl.. Give people an idea of what each is like and what to expect

That is a damn fine idea. I believe QuadeConnolly has reviewed most of these places on his super-awesome blog, so for those who are so inclined, his opinion on these places is also available. But here's a view of these bars through my beer-tinted glasses:

Kilkenny Ale House: Not a bad little Irish place. Good atmosphere, very charming and any beer or booze you'd want that hails from the Emerald Isle. This place was an obvious St. Patty's Day destination for parade-goers.

Nick's Bar & Restaurant: When we went there last year, the place was empty (as you can tell from the pic in the first post of this thread, we took the place over). On St. Patty's Day last year, we got hooked up. One of the bartenders at Kilkenny knew the guy behind the bar at Nick's. One quick phone call later and we had a massive round of free shots waiting for us when we arrived. Good people.

McGovern's Tavern: I think most of the people who went on the crawl last year would say this was the best of the bars. I'll leave it at that.

60 Park: Another place that was empty when we arrived. It was also empty the one other time I went. It's pretty big and most of the walls were bare (I think the place was still relatively new at the time). But it's a good set-up with lots of promise. I hope they're doing better now than they seemed to be last year.

The Spot: This was my favorite Devils pregame bar last year. They have no draught beer because there's a parking garage under it so it's impossible to run keg lines, but the bottle selection is adequate. The people who work there make the place, though. Russell, the owner, is always mingling and his mother, who usually is working in the kitchen, will come out and give you a big hug if you take the time to introduce yourself around.

Scully's Publick House: This place rules. Before the people at The Spot welcomed me and my friends in like we were family, this was my pregame bar of preference.

Brick City Bar & Grill: I think most people have experienced and/or read other people's experiences about the place closest to the arena, so I won't bother.

As has been previously mentioned, last year the bars were doing their usual double-duty on St. Pat's. Combined with the fact that one of the best crowds ever was on hand for Marty's record, and it was a pretty wild scene. Scully's was packed to the brim so we never even went in last year. Instead of trying BCB&G, which we figured would be even more packed, we just went back to The Spot. But we'll play it by ear this year and plan on hitting all seven places, just like we originally planned on last year.
Posted Image

"I don't like those Rangers fans from New Jersey." - Jim Dowd

#45 devsin4

devsin4

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 109 posts

Posted 28 January 2010 - 06:59 PM

RD? Was that place in Nanuet called Manhattan Lights? On rt59n I saw the Ramones there afew times!

#46 ThreeCups

ThreeCups

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,337 posts

Posted 28 January 2010 - 07:14 PM

... says the one perfect law-abiding person in the country who never drank before turning 21, never drove five MPH over the speed limit, never rolled through a stop sign, never jaywalked ...

+1. Some of you are absurd. Nobody else besides 226 ever drank underage? Give me a break....

"I'm not drinking anymore of Lou's Kool-Aid. I'm fed up with it." - Mike Jefferson/Danton

#47 devsin4

devsin4

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 109 posts

Posted 28 January 2010 - 10:57 PM

Its a given fact some of these visitors are juveniles. they've obviously never worked a day in thier spoiled lives. Online they're scientists, Inperson they show thier age :blink: But thats what you get dealing with kids. I say let it go. :horse:

#48 thelastonealive

thelastonealive

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,907 posts

Posted 28 January 2010 - 11:10 PM

Which is absolutely hilarious considering it's the last two posts that have bought this whole discussion down to the level of teenagers, with the assumptions and name-calling. Well done.

Proud recipient of the 2011-'12 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster, the  2007-'08, 2008-'09, and 2009-'10 Lady Byng Award for Nicest Poster, 

the 2008-'09 Bobby Holik Award for Funniest Poster, and the 2009-'10 NJDevs.com Stanley Cup for Best Overall Poster.
2009 NJDevs.com Survival League Football Champion

#49 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • 6,184 posts

Posted 29 January 2010 - 01:41 AM

Which is absolutely hilarious considering it's the last two posts that have bought this whole discussion down to the level of teenagers, with the assumptions and name-calling. Well done.

Thank you.. Yeah seriously they discredit themselves by opening their mouths.. I have a TON of respect for guys like RD and CR who are established members making mature posts to prove a point.. Hell, I'd skip drinking on the crawl based solely on CR's opinion because I have a ton of respect for him.. But when I hear someone I've never seen post before come on and just name-call and make incorrect assumptions, well, you just can't respect it.. Yup, I pay for college and season tickets with my allowance hahaha.. Especially when I'm trying to help DiG get this back on track.. Very sorry DiG I'll take the hit on this one.. I owe you a shot and a mature thread ;)

Edited by Colin226, 29 January 2010 - 01:48 AM.

Posted Image

#50 DaneykoIsGod

DaneykoIsGod

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 29 January 2010 - 08:58 AM

No worries, brother. We've got almost two months to let this thread right itself. For now, it's funny to watch posters call others immature in a most immature fashion. Downright hilarious, actually.
Posted Image

#51 funetiklee

funetiklee

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 29 January 2010 - 01:00 PM

my god lol at this thread. let colin be 20 going on 21 for christs sake.
i most definitely went to bars that didn't card me before i was 21.
I can totally see where Colin is coming from.

#52 Weekes Head

Weekes Head

Coulier's #1 Fan

• Members
  • 21,581 posts

Posted 29 January 2010 - 01:29 PM

whatever, funetiklee, you're a doody head.

ot: i'm excited to check out these bars. sad to say, i haven't been to any of em. thanks for the descriptions and reviews, dig, sounds like there are a couple good places in there.

...poster claims to have a friend whos father know Kovalchucks agent's close partner and he was told by his friends father that they are just sorting the details out.

#53 funetiklee

funetiklee

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 29 January 2010 - 01:54 PM

whatever, funetiklee, you're a doody head.

:(

#54 Weekes Head

Weekes Head

Coulier's #1 Fan

• Members
  • 21,581 posts

Posted 29 January 2010 - 01:57 PM

yeah, hit right where it hurts huh. :P

#55 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,365 posts

Posted 29 January 2010 - 02:48 PM

Thank you.. Yeah seriously they discredit themselves by opening their mouths.. I have a TON of respect for guys like RD and CR who are established members making mature posts to prove a point.. Hell, I'd skip drinking on the crawl based solely on CR's opinion because I have a ton of respect for him.. But when I hear someone I've never seen post before come on and just name-call and make incorrect assumptions, well, you just can't respect it.. Yup, I pay for college and season tickets with my allowance hahaha.. Especially when I'm trying to help DiG get this back on track.. Very sorry DiG I'll take the hit on this one.. I owe you a shot and a mature thread ;)

I appreciate the kind words Colin. I'm definitely not trying to come off as Pauly Preachy here, and I've got PLENTY of skeletons in my closet. Trust me, if you could get yourself a DeLorean with a flux capacitor, head back to 1991 and find the 20-going-on-21 Colorado Rockies 1976 from THAT era, not only would he be very likely to join you on your illegal quest, he'd make sure that he had some nice pre-game reefer to get things started. Heh heh.

I guess what happens as you get older (five months 'till I turn 40) is that "What do I have to lose?" takes on a different meaning. When you're 20 or so, it doesn't seem like you have much. The older you get, the more it seems you have at risk. When I was 20, I couldn't have given a flying fvck if a bar served me because I was underage...I just didn't think of it that way...I just thought about having my fun and my pals and that was it. Now that I'm a part business-owner, in a way I guess I sympathize what they have to lose, but at the same time, a business that isn't doing its job probably doesn't deserve to stay in business. All they have to do is card every patron and they won't get in trouble, fake IDs nothwithstanding, and their problems will be minimal.

But anyway, glad you appreciate my viewpoint, don't mean to be a downer. So now I'll STFU.
THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#56 95Crash

95Crash

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,950 posts

Posted 29 January 2010 - 03:20 PM

I'm going to try to jump in toward the end of the Crawl for a drink or two. It all depends on how my day goes beforehand.

#57 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • 6,184 posts

Posted 29 January 2010 - 03:59 PM

That was an awesome post Eric.. That's why I have a huge amount of respect for you :cheers:
Posted Image

#58 devsin4

devsin4

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 109 posts

Posted 30 January 2010 - 07:18 PM

Hey Im no saint! when i was 18 nj raised the drinking age from 19 to 21 so i feel your frustation, I snuck into many bars(esp.Paterson gogo bars)But these bars by The Rock are high end establishments that probably costed 250Gs just to open the doors.Try doing what we did, Pitch in $20. ea. with your buddies get someone over 21 to buy 2cases of beer and ahalf oz. of weed,hike into the woods get wasted, then go to Willowbrook mall and meet chicks. It worked for us.

#59 Cachorro Louco

Cachorro Louco

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 662 posts

Posted 28 February 2010 - 02:14 AM

So..Any update about??

Posted Image

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose."

Ayrton Senna da Siva

#60 DaneykoIsGod

DaneykoIsGod

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 01 March 2010 - 10:18 AM

Hmmm ... should probably get crackin on this ...

How does meeting at Newark Penn at 1:00 p.m. sound to everyone? Then we can all make the walk to Kilkenny together and get this bastard rolling.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users