‏Zach Parise has agreed to terms with the Minnesota Wild

Daniel

I would say that taking a "discount" to stay in a place you like and to play for a winner is not a problem. I would.

It's really comical, considering what the vast majority of people make, to go elsewhere because of a million bucks or two. If you need ten million instead of eight million and are adamet about it then you probably need to take a look in the mirror. It's not like one team is offering 10 million and another is offering 10 thousand

Except that other winners are offering him more than we are. And you're certainly talking about a BIGGER difference in money than your hypothetical 10 million to 10,000. If we're offering 80-84 and other teams are offering 100+ that's not insignificant.

I think it is good news that it is taking time. If it was just money, then it would be an easy decision. This is a huge decision for him, it shouldn't be done in 24 hours.

The longer this goes on, the better this seems to be looking for the Devils. All indications are that the teams that were in the running threw a buttload of cash his way. I can't see any reason for a delay other than he and his agent trying to get just that extra little bit out of Lou and the Devils. He obviously wants to stay here, if he were chasing the payday, he would have made his mind up a lot earlier and it definitely wouldn't have been the Devils..

Edited by DJ Eco

I thought the offers were all on the table...negotiations are ongoing and he will continue to negotiate for more cash? makes perfect sense but it seemed like "all offers were on the table" and he just had to choose one?

I have no idea. I am lost.

I thought the offers were all on the table...negotiations are ongoing and he will continue to negotiate for more cash? makes perfect sense but it seemed like "all offers were on the table" and he just had to choose one?

I feel like all offers WERE on the table, minus Lou's final offer. I think he and his agent squeezed all they could out of Lou by the end of today, only for it to still be below the others. Maybe his decision hinges on the intangibles surrounding whether or not that pay cut is small enough to still pick the Devils for the two million reasons he should. I'm sure Marty's words will be ringing his head this next day or two, and I think the wait can only be a good thing for the Devils..

Im sure all offers are on the table. I think he's just trying to decide which one to take.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.