Since It Would Be A Pretty Epic / Historical Event in Devils History..

Sharifijanov2099

Straight Up Pole - Will Brodeur Be Traded This Season  

109 members have voted

1. 1. Will Marty be traded prior to this season's deadline?

Let him ride the bench and hopefully hang it up after this season. Where is he going to get more playing time, Europe?

We need a goalie in our Tuesday night beer league...sure, he will get more playing time there

No, because even with a time machine he'd still be transporting his current self back in time to watch his younger self playing kick-arse hockey for the Devils and not wanting anything to do with leaving. What he needs is a fountain of youth, not a time machine.

Thank you, that logic was bothering me as well.

No, because even with a time machine he'd still be transporting his current self back in time to watch his younger self playing kick-arse hockey for the Devils and not wanting anything to do with leaving. What he needs is a fountain of youth, not a time machine.

You're taking the internet too seriously....he could go as far back in time as he wanted.  

@TGfireandice: Martin Brodeur said at this point he doesn't anticipate going to management to talk about a trade. Said he'd have to be asked to consider it

@TGfireandice: Brodeur said his preference is to stay in NJ and play. Hasn't talked to management or coaches about his situation.

Looks like Marty may be sticking around after all. I'm happy to hear that.

• Like 2

@TGfireandice: Martin Brodeur said at this point he doesn't anticipate going to management to talk about a trade. Said he'd have to be asked to consider it

@TGfireandice: Brodeur said his preference is to stay in NJ and play. Hasn't talked to management or coaches about his situation.

Agreed.

Even if he wanted to leave, this is how he and Lou would want to play it. 

I think it'd be better for everyone if Marty just hung out the rest of the season and retired on top, instead of hanging around on the Devils, playing second fiddle to Cory and being forced to retire, or being traded and being another Devil that plays well for us, then goes to play for someone else and retire in their sweater. I'd like to see a top player for us retire with us for once!

less than 60 days and he's a free agent.  

For this season...I hope he stays, he plays, & plays well.  Then gets a fond farewell from all the fans & teams.

I think he won't make any public declaration before the end of this season.  Possibly not even over the summer.

wishful thinking but this would really be the best way for everything to happen

I think it'd be better for everyone if Marty just hung out the rest of the season and retired on top, instead of hanging around on the Devils, playing second fiddle to Cory and being forced to retire, or being traded and being another Devil that plays well for us, then goes to play for someone else and retire in their sweater. I'd like to see a top player for us retire with us for once!

Mmm stevens...