2013-14 OOT Thread

Daniel

Its audible through the radio broadcasts though

I think they have their own audio system.  I do wish they'd turn down the volume of the music in the arena.  I was trying to tell my buddy after the Greene goal Friday night on how nice of a play it was.  I had to wait until the goal song stopped playing.

Realized that peter's handling of schneider did not gave him the best exposure for sochi either. He could have been a solid choice but with that amount of games... Not sure

Bullsh!t.  That was Quick or Miller's gig to take before Schneider.  Deboer doesn't care about team USA's chances.  He's a Canadian

Parise's lack of clutch hasn't changed... Doesn't really do anything for the Devils when they really need him to.

not to continue speaking about him.. but i feel like when he left he hasnt been as good since.. like he doesnt fit in well with their system like he did with ours.. just generally saying, i know a lot of people here get butt hurt if someone starts talking about our old players that left

not to continue speaking about him.. but i feel like when he left he hasnt been as good since.. like he doesnt fit in well with their system like he did with ours.. just generally saying, i know a lot of people here get butt hurt if someone starts talking about our old players that left

I wouldn't say that... Although I haven't been following the Wild too much, he does have more goals than anyone on our team, more than double everyone but Jagr...

I do remember him choking in the playoffs last year though, I think he had 0 points that whole round.

I haven't seen a lot of Wild games but looking at his numbers he seems to be having a decent year. On pace for 33 goals and 26 assists in 81 games and his SH% of 10.48 is in line with his career SH% of 11.21. Averaging nearly 4 shots a game too and the few times I've seen him he still gets himself in front of the net to jam pucks on goal so that aspect of his game seems fine.

Possession numbers seem strong too with the 3rd highest Corsi For% Relative at 5v5 in the league at 9.3% (Forwards w/29+ GP). Has a 56.8 Corsi For% and 56.6 Fenwick For% at 5v5 which is strong, though he does benefit from starting 39.8% of his shifts in the offensive zone compared to 23.7% in the defensive zone at even strength.

He's playing a lot at even strength (16:15 per game) and on the PP (3:18) but it seems like he isn't being asked to do too much on the PK (0:57) this year. Leads the Wild in primary points with 23 so he seems to fit in nicely with Koivu and whoever else is on their line Pominville/Coyle.

Parise's foot is still hurt.  Just from watching him last night, he didn't look right.  He relies heavily on his legs.

Haha, Erm what?

Cant think of any other player that doesn't rely heavily on their Legs, legs are a key componenet to skating.

Haha, Erm what?

Cant think of any other player that doesn't rely heavily on their Legs, legs are a key componenet to skating.

Some more than others. Zach probably won't be a very effective player without his speed and acceleration. Jagr, on the other hand continues to be effective despite not being very fast or explosive (but his strength is excellent).