Doc Emrick joins NBC, has left MSG.

ZeroGravityFat

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wish I could say I wasn't dissapointed, but I love listening to Doc call Devils games even missed him when Gary Thorne took over.

God I hope Steve Cangialosi isn't the replaement. :evilcry:

Lame! im upset... but its understandable

Good luck to ya Doc! you are the only dude who can keep a lid on Chico... and use awesome phrases while keeping up with the play

I'm not sure how ill be able to take 82 games of Cangi... well see

I am really sad now, I will miss Doc so much! Thanks for the years of professional PbP and witty comments.

:(

That being said, if Cango could speed up his pbP a tad and fill in more descriptive calls. All the while learning how to control Chicos ramblings he won't be so bad. There are much worse announcers out there.

I hate Matt. He is terrible and every time I am in the car listening to a game on the radio I am screaming at it for him to tell me the score which he only does either right before or after commercials (which can sometimes be 10-15 minutes) If Cangi sounds less-than-excited during his calling of the game, then Matty is sleep-walking through his and always seems to be a good 25 seconds behind play. His partner Sherri is terrible too and provides nothing in-depth other than the blatently obvious.

I would much rather listen to Matt or Cangi call a hockey game then Sam Rosen or Jack Edwards

Very sad. I love Doc, but its understanable he wants less work. Doesn't make my day any less ruined though..

Gary Thorne would be a good replacement, but I still am irked by his whole Avalanche love-fest he put on in 2001.

Isn't Thorne though still bound by his contract in Baltimore anyways so he wouldn't even able to replace Doc for some time?

Yeah his avs love affair was so blatant. You could tell he hated a devils win.

He's bound to Baltimore but they won't make the playoffs. I would love for him to be the replacement.

I hate Matt. He is terrible and every time I am in the car listening to a game on the radio I am screaming at it for him to tell me the score which he only does either right before or after commercials (which can sometimes be 10-15 minutes) If Cangi sounds less-than-excited during his calling of the game, then Matty is sleep-walking through his and always seems to be a good 25 seconds behind play. His partner Sherri is terrible too and provides nothing in-depth other than the blatently obvious.

Agreed. Matt is horrible. All he does is constantly repeat the same info over and over in a drawn out, stalling kind of way. Always well behind the play too

The one thing that I can knock Cangi on is that every time I see him interviewing someone, he looks like he is about to go in for a nice big kiss. Kinda creepy.

I'm agreeing w everything ur saying today lol. He always has that I'm in love look.

Very sad. I love Doc, but its understanable he wants less work. Doesn't make my day any less ruined though..

Yeah his avs love affair was so blatant. You could tell he hated a devils win.

He's bound to Baltimore but they won't make the playoffs. I would love for him to be the replacement.

That year, yeah. But listen to Thorne in 2000. He was getting jacked for the Devils, especially some Marty's big saves. The only reason he and ABC so badly wanted the Aves in 2001 was because everyone outside of Northern Jersey wanted Bourque to win the cup.

If he does Daneyko would be a suitable replacement.

I also wouldn't mind another former Devils backup... Kevin Weekes. I like him from what I've seen on NHL Network. Very intelligent, knows the game. We're gonna have to see how many hotdogs he can eat, though.

Damn. Doc has been announcing Devils since as long as I can remember. At least he didn't end up with the Pens as some thought could happen.

Is calling for NBC and VS really much different than calling exclusively for the Penguins?

I would much rather listen to Matt or Cangi call a hockey game then Sam Rosen or Jack Edwards

Jack Edwards sucks as an announcer (he was worse on Sportscenter), but he does give you golden nuggests like yelling at Montreal Canadiens players to "GET UP!" during the run of play, and talking about the Boston Tea Party after the team wins a playoff series.

I was thinking the same. I feel like Chico doesn't have a friend in the booth now, you know? uh oh... I'm tearing up and getting a lump in my throat! OH FOR GAW^&%#$*^&Q#$*(%^#Q$^&*.... seriously :rolleyes:<_< You'd think I was reading Old Yeller <_<

If you think Chico is a homer, then wait until you see how Daneyko will do.

Every time he is on Hockey Night Live he kinda makes a little bit of a fool of himself because he really cannot bring himself to criticize the Devils in anything they do, even though Butch, Don, and Bon Jovi can criticize their own team no problem if it is the truth.

I also wouldn't mind another former Devils backup... Kevin Weekes. I like him from what I've seen on NHL Network. Very intelligent, knows the game. We're gonna have to see how many hotdogs he can eat, though.

i would be pleased with Weekes...very happy go lucky and enjoyable and i think he could deal with chico's mis-steps well

but its going to be my not as good looking brother Cangi....Shootttsss and Sccccoooressss

oy vey

That year, yeah. But listen to Thorne in 2000. He was getting jacked for the Devils, especially some Marty's big saves. The only reason he and ABC so badly wanted the Aves in 2001 was because everyone outside of Northern Jersey wanted Bourque to win the cup.

Is calling for NBC and VS really much different than calling exclusively for the Penguins?

In the series before against Philly in 2000, Thorne had his love affair with the Flyers, especially Tocchet and Recchi.

I can still remember that one phrase he did in the 2001 cup finals when Bourque scored a goal at CAA with a slapper from the point "Bourque!! Wish a laser!!!" Never said anything near that when the Devils scored in that series.