Devils jerseys for the game at Yankee Stadium

nmm90392

So last week I went to the nhl store in nyc to get a jagr jersey and I asked the guy working if he new anything about the jerseys the devils would be using for the stadium series game. He said the rags wanted to use a new one but the devils were refusing. But the guy said the league will force the devils to use a different one. So yesturday I went to pick up my jersey and I asked again if anything has changed and he said the devils finally agreed to use the red and green retro jerseys for the game. I'm not sure if anyone new about this or if it was talked about already but it was news to me so I thought I would put it up.

ill wait until its announced officially.. any nim rod in the store can say whatever rumor they want.. until its announced its not official. However i was guessing that they would probably wear the retro jersey and maybe have some kind of patch on it as well for the game.

So last week I went to the nhl store in nyc to get a jagr jersey and I asked the guy working if he new anything about the jerseys the devils would be using for the stadium series game. He said the rags wanted to use a new one but the devils were refusing. But the guy said the league will force the devils to use a different one. So yesturday I went to pick up my jersey and I asked again if anything has changed and he said the devils finally agreed to use the red and green retro jerseys for the game. I'm not sure if anyone new about this or if it was talked about already but it was news to me so I thought I would put it up.

Since the Rangers are wearing whites it doesn't surprise me that the Devils are going with the red and green.  It's no secret Lou hates them and only did the retro games at the urging (or probably more accurate at the order) of JVB.

There are a couple of rumors regarding the Rangers one.  The first one was that the Rags were just going to wear their usual away whites with a special patch on them.  However newer rumors are suggesting they are going to don their late 70's style Rangers whites that they also brough back briefly for a couple of games back in the 2003-04 season.  The link is a picture of them and yes the Jets would later use that design on their jerseys as the Rangers former GM later became the GM of the Jets.

http://nhluniforms.com/Rangers/Rangers19.html

I really wish the Rags were the home team so the Devils could wear their whites and perhaps bring back the Christmas Tree whites.  Oh well.

Since the Rangers are wearing whites it doesn't surprise me that the Devils are going with the red and green.  It's no secret Lou hates them and only did the retro games at the urging (or probably more accurate at the order) of JVB.

There are a couple of rumors regarding the Rangers one.  The first one was that the Rags were just going to wear their usual away whites with a special patch on them.  However newer rumors are suggesting they are going to don their late 70's style Rangers whites that they also brough back briefly for a couple of games back in the 2003-04 season.  The link is a picture of them and yes the Jets would later use that design on their jerseys as the Rangers former GM later became the GM of the Jets.

http://nhluniforms.com/Rangers/Rangers19.html

I really wish the Rags were the home team so the Devils could wear their whites and perhaps bring back the Christmas Tree whites.  Oh well.

IMO they should've named the Rangers the home team simply because the game is in New York!

Edited by 95Crash

ill wait until its announced officially.. any nim rod in the store can say whatever rumor they want.. until its announced its not official. However i was guessing that they would probably wear the retro jersey and maybe have some kind of patch on it as well for the game.

True I mean I wouldn't count any of the employees at the NHL store to have any inside knowledge.  After going there many times over the years I am convinced a good number of them do not even follow the NHL on a consistent basis (which I don't blame them for as working at the store is what it is, a job).  The ones who do know a thing or two about hockey are usually Rags fans so this could have been a Rags fans way of trying to subtly taking a jab at the Devils.

IMO they should've named the Rangers the home team simply because the game is in New York!

Well god forbid we rob the Rags and MSG out of a game they could make money on in their own building.

That's probably what the NHL was thinking. Devils really only have 40 home games this season because of the stadium game.

With so many of these games this year I don't see why teams need to have a special jersey for them.  THe Outdoor game isn't special anymore.

1 Reason:  $$$$

I always assumed they were going with the throwbacks, so...

Makes it easy for me if they are going with the red and green throwbacks with a patch.  Since I am a hockey jersey idiot that means I can save money by not having to buy another jersey for my collection.  If they have a patch I can always buy a patch and either do it myself or have EPS do it for me.

Since it will be most likely cold at the game, I have pretty much already decided I will be wearing one of my white Devils M&N throwbacks.  Because they are M&N they have goofy sizing but they sure are nice and thick and warm.

Dolan has some agreement with the city where he doesn't pay taxes on MSG so long as every Knicks/Rangers game played in NYC is played at the Garden.. And you know Dolan, he'd rather spend 3 years and $1 billion to renovate MSG than having to pay his taxes like everyone else

With so many of these games this year I don't see why teams need to have a special jersey for them.  THe Outdoor game isn't special anymore.

Tell that to the over 200,000 people attending outdoor games this season at prices way higher than you can charge in an NHL arena.. They're making a killing on the NYC games alone just at the gate.. The outdoor games are just as "over-used" as the lockout last year was going to "kill the game".. We're all sheep.. You should know, Jacobs up in Boston led the lockout movement by ownership forcing the players to take less money and hurting other teams financially such as the Devils.. He got his CBA and has a ridiculous STH waiting list up in Boston to show for it.. To bring it back to my point, hockey fans seem to have an insatiable hunger to spend money on the NHL and the League will continue to hold more of these events until the market tells them it's too much.. At this point, that's not the case

One word ... MONEY!!!  Thta's what these games are really about.

Well god forbid we rob the Rags and MSG out of a game they could make money on in their own building.

That's probably what the NHL was thinking. Devils really only have 40 home games this season because of the stadium game.

1 Reason:  $$$$

It cost the NHL significantly less money to pay the Devils for the sellout and take their home date then it would have if they took a Rags home game.   

I always assumed they were going with the throwbacks, so...

As did I. I don't think this is a surprise given LL's 3rd jersey hate.

Dolan has some agreement with the city where he doesn't pay taxes on MSG so long as every Knicks/Rangers game played in NYC is played at the Garden.. And you know Dolan, he'd rather spend 3 years and $1 billion to renovate MSG than having to pay his taxes like everyone else

Tell that to the over 200,000 people attending outdoor games this season at prices way higher than you can charge in an NHL arena.. They're making a killing on the NYC games alone just at the gate.. The outdoor games are just as "over-used" as the lockout last year was going to "kill the game".. We're all sheep.. You should know, Jacobs up in Boston led the lockout movement by ownership forcing the players to take less money and hurting other teams financially such as the Devils.. He got his CBA and has a ridiculous STH waiting list up in Boston to show for it.. To bring it back to my point, hockey fans seem to have an insatiable hunger to spend money on the NHL and the League will continue to hold more of these events until the market tells them it's too much.. At this point, that's not the case

Well, I'll tell ya I wasn't gonna pay those prices to watch a game from a crappy angle while I'm freezing my ass off. No thanks. The Winter Classic was lame to begin with, it's lame now and all these other games are even lamer. No I don't want to see a game outside. Oh gee, look, glare, everywhere!

As did I. I don't think this is a surprise given LL's 3rd jersey hate.

Well, I'll tell ya I wasn't gonna pay those prices to watch a game from a crappy angle while I'm freezing my ass off. No thanks. The Winter Classic was lame to begin with, it's lame now and all these other games are even lamer. No I don't want to see a game outside. Oh gee, look, glare, everywhere!

No one goes to these games for the actual game.  People go for the experience and freezing outside watching hockey from a really bad angle while dealing with drunk Rangers fans in a stadium in the middle of a Bronx is def an experience.

A lof of Devils fans wanted them to be in the Winter Classic for years, but with NBC deciding the participants there was no way in hell the Devils were ever going to be in one.  This pretty much is the only way the Devils will ever play an outdoor game so why not jump at the chance?

No one goes to these games for the actual game.  People go for the experience and freezing outside watching hockey from a really bad angle while dealing with drunk Rangers fans in a stadium in the middle of a Bronx is def an experience.

A lof of Devils fans wanted them to be in the Winter Classic for years, but with NBC deciding the participants there was no way in hell the Devils were ever going to be in one.  This pretty much is the only way the Devils will ever play an outdoor game so why not jump at the chance?

Because I don't see the appeal of watching a game outside from a bad angle in the cold or worse yet, we get one of those warm days and the ice is absolute garbage. I'd much rather either be watching the game in Newark or watching it on TV with better camera angles than I'm gonna get with this game.

Because I don't see the appeal of watching a game outside from a bad angle in the cold or worse yet, we get one of those warm days and the ice is absolute garbage. I'd much rather either be watching the game in Newark or watching it on TV with better camera angles than I'm gonna get with this game.

I mean I can just as easily say I can save my money, not go to any Devils game at the Rock and just watch every game on TV since the angle on there is great (compared to most 100 and 200 level seats) and don't have to trek out to Newark to see it.

It's just an experience that I thought would never include the Devils.

You can definitely see that Vanderbeek was driving the throwback jersey game thing the past couple of years. I guess it was a compromise with Lou to have them be worn for only 1 game. It took a league mandate to get the Devils to wear the throwback stuff for a special event

I also think it's Lou and only Lou who's gotten rid of R&R part 2, because nobody, not even the new owners could be so stubborn.

You can definitely see that Vanderbeek was driving the throwback jersey game thing the past couple of years. I guess it was a compromise with Lou to have them be worn for only 1 game. It took a league mandate to get the Devils to wear the throwback stuff for a special event

I also think it's Lou and only Lou who's gotten rid of R&R part 2, because nobody, not even the new owners could be so stubborn.

Not sure it is 100% on Lou for that, but you can bet if he didn't come up with getting rid of R&R pt2 he certainly didn't argue against it.

Why would LL not care for all these years, then just now decide he gives a sh!t about the song they play after a goal? I don't think he has ever or will ever think about the goal song.

Why would LL not care for all these years, then just now decide he gives a sh!t about the song they play after a goal? I don't think he has ever or will ever think about the goal song.

I think LL never liked it when the "you suck" chants started, but JVB kept overruling him on it.  Same thing with the throwback jerseys.

Don't be so indignant....

Don't be so indignant....

You need to learn to use a dictionary. I know you think you can change definitions of words, but for me to be indignant, I have to be offended or perceive an offense against me. So yeah, you're how much older than I and you don't have a grasp on the English language?

Glad you're more mature though, LOL.

Edited by ATLL765

You need to learn to use a dictionary. I know you think you can change definitions of words, but for me to be indignant, I have to be offended or perceive an offense against me. So yeah, you're how much older than I and you don't have a grasp on the English language?

Glad you're more mature though, LOL.

The sarcasm clearly went over your head. Not surprising. But honestly though please stay home in January. don't forget to chant "you suck" from the couch  :giggle:

• Like 1