The Clarkson Hype In Toronto is Laughable

TheMazz

A lot of people here are saying Clarkson's contract is worse. When you sign a player that just finished a season with 3 concussions in a 48-game season, and less than 10 games into his stint with the Devils receives another....I don't think you can even compare.

No question in my mind all things considering, the Leafs have the much better deal. Ryan Clowe, a month into his new 5-year-contract, might be finished goods, and it would probably be the safest thing for his future if he retired, especially given the kind of style he plays. I can't see how concussions don't continue to play a part in his career moving forward.

Edited by devilsrule33

invisible? He led the team in goals how is that invisible? The entire team was invisible last season LOL! Atleast he was throwing shots on net every night as well

He had 16 points in his first 14 games last year. He had 8 points in the final 34 games. Clowe only had 5 fewer points in 8 fewer games than Clarkson. I love Clarkson as much as anybody here, but Clowe is the more consistent and better player. I watched a lot of Sharks games last year. The guy was noticeable, and had a lot of bad puck luck.

He had 16 points in his first 14 games last year. He had 8 points in the final 34 games. Clowe only had 5 fewer points in 8 fewer games than Clarkson. I love Clarkson as much as anybody here, but Clowe is the more consistent and better player. I watched a lot of Sharks games last year. The guy was noticeable, and had a lot of bad puck luck.

I hate when people blame a players or teams performance on "bad puck luck" thats bullsh!t.. its not bad luck its not being able to finish or not producing against the opposition ..not because they were "unlucky" this isnt cards where you have no control or idea what your going to be delt..its a game of skill.

I hate when people blame a players or teams performance on "bad puck luck" thats bullsh!t.. its not bad luck its not being able to finish or not producing against the opposition ..not because they were "unlucky" this isnt cards where you have no control or idea what your going to be delt..its a game of skill.

So what would you use as an excuse for Clarkson?

A lot of people here are saying Clarkson's contract is worse. When you sign a player that just finished a season with 3 concussions in a 48-game season, and less than 10 games into his stint with the Devils receives another....I don't think you can even compare.

No question in my mind all things considering, the Leafs have the much better deal. Ryan Clowe, a month into his new 5-year-contract, might be finished goods, and it would probably be the safest thing for his future if he retired, especially given the kind of style he plays. I can't see how concussions don't continue to play a part in his career moving forward.

I mean, I seem to remember that Lindros really retired due to wrist issues and not concussions - according to his injury report, he only suffered 2 after leaving the Flyers, and one was termed mild.  Of course these are probably the same doctors who gave out painkillers to Boogaard like they were candy, but hey.  Obviously it looks bad right now, but he's at least able to work out off-ice so far.

Game of skill, huh?  Want to replay those 2 Bruins goals from Saturday where they go in off Devils' players?  How about Gelinas's 1st goal - all skill there, right?  Just right off the defenseman's thigh and into the net.

It's a game of skill and luck.  Go look at Clarkson's 30 goal year and ask how many of those are skill goals.

So what would you use as an excuse for Clarkson?

I wouldnt use an excuse at all id tell you exactly how it was... the second half of the season not only clarkson but the entire team sucked and could not score goals or finish a game off for a win.. no need for excises say it how it is

I wouldnt use an excuse at all id tell you exactly how it was... the second half of the season not only clarkson but the entire team sucked and could not score goals or finish a game off for a win.. no need for excises say it how it is

Saying the entire team sucked does not excuse Clarkson or any player for sucking.

Saying the entire team sucked does not excuse Clarkson or any player for sucking.

again you keep saying excuse.. im not making any excuses for the guy.. I said the second half of the season the team sucked and couldnt finish with scoring goals and winning games..clarkson was part of that team he and the rest of the team... yes team the rest of the participating players were not putting a good enough performance together to win games... I hope you can figure out how to understand that I dont know how else to word it to make it simpler.. either that or your just trying to go back and forth with me I dont know. Edited by Sik02gt

Game of skill, huh?  Want to replay those 2 Bruins goals from Saturday where they go in off Devils' players?  How about Gelinas's 1st goal - all skill there, right?  Just right off the defenseman's thigh and into the net.

It's a game of skill and luck.  Go look at Clarkson's 30 goal year and ask how many of those are skill goals.

This is skill damn it, and probably the goal that summed up his 11-12 campaign.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IjALny_FoD8

or was it this one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MbM9HrnlVdg#t=1m12s (1minute, 12 seconds)

Edited by devilsrule33

again you keep saying excuse.. im not making any excuses for the guy.. I said the second half of the season the team sucked and couldnt finish with scoring goals and winning games..clarkson was part of that team he and the rest of the team... yes team the rest of the participating players were not putting a good enough performance together to win games... I hope you can figure out how to understand that I dont know how else to word it to make it simpler.. either that or your just trying to go back and forth with me I dont know.

But you are making an excuse for Clarkson.

Saying the entire team sucked with Clarkson does not excuse Clarkson for sucking. During the stretch Clowe was still on the Sharks, they sucked as well. Does that excuse Clowe too?

But you are making an excuse for Clarkson.

Saying the entire team sucked with Clarkson does not excuse Clarkson for sucking. During the stretch Clowe was still on the Sharks, they sucked as well. Does that excuse Clowe too?

lol oh boy... im flat out saying iam not making an excuse for clarkson what are you having such a hard time comprehending dude.. im saying threw the second half of the season he sucked along with the rest of the team.. however during the first half of the season he was on fire and led the team in scoring.. im done discussing this with you if you want to believe that clowe is better go right ahead.. be ignorant and watch him not even play half of the season with us. It was a bad contract for the condition he is in theres no debating that is showing already.. think what you want though youll realize

lol oh boy... im flat out saying iam not making an excuse for clarkson what are you having such a hard time comprehending dude.. im saying threw the second half of the season he sucked along with the rest of the team.. however during the first half of the season he was on fire and led the team in scoring.. im done discussing this with you if you want to believe that clowe is better go right ahead.. be ignorant and watch him not even play half of the season with us. It was a bad contract for the condition he is in theres no debating that is showing already.. think what you want though youll realize

But like I said, you are making an excuse for Clarkson.  Saying the rest of the team sucked is making an excuse.  Anyways, I'm done.

And it was 14 games where he had 16 of his 24 points.  That's not half a season.

Edited by Mike Brown

But like I said, you are making an excuse for Clarkson.  Saying the rest of the team sucked is making an excuse.  Anyways, I'm done.

And it was 14 games where he had 16 of his 24 points.  That's not half a season.

man you are are challenged ... I said the first half as in the first half of the shortened season sorry I didnt count out the exact number of games for you just thought you wouldve been able to figure out what I was saying but obviously not.. whoof

man you are are challenged ... I said the first half as in the first half of the shortened season sorry I didnt count out the exact number of games for you just thought you wouldve been able to figure out what I was saying but obviously not.. whoof

14 is not one half of 48.  He sucked in 34 of the 48 games last year.

14 is not one half of 48.  He sucked in 34 of the 48 games last year.

again for a final time I figured you would be smart enough to figure out what the hell I was saying.. go on your way now aboit it you win your right your so good whatever else you need to feel that your right you got it. Youll see what I mean about clowe as the season goes then come back and talk to me

My feeling is that when he wasn't living up (or down) to his potential here, and playing the way we all thought he'd play, he was playing over his head for our benefit. I wish him the best of luck as long as it isn't at our expense :)

again for a final time I figured you would be smart enough to figure out what the hell I was saying.. go on your way now aboit it you win your right your so good whatever else you need to feel that your right you got it. Youll see what I mean about clowe as the season goes then come back and talk to me

I have no problem with your opinion that Clarkson is the better player. I'm just telling you your reasoning is flawed.

I don't want you to think I believe my opinion is superior than yours.

Take your own advice!

i havent complained about anything youve been saying have i? i said something was funny in a different thread that someone said about you and you decide to take some stab at me or try to atleast about something that had absolutely nothing to do with what was being talked about.. your opinions and thoughts have no value to me and to several other people on here apparently.. so im not sure why you felt the need to come back into this thread days later and try to stir up more sh!t? .. keep on going just showing everyone how you really are... well those that dont already know anyway

i havent complained about anything youve been saying have i? i said something was funny in a different thread that someone said about you and you decide to take some stab at me or try to atleast about something that had absolutely nothing to do with what was being talked about.. your opinions and thoughts have no value to me and to several other people on here apparently.. so im not sure why you felt the need to come back into this thread days later and try to stir up more sh!t? .. keep on going just showing everyone how you really are... well those that dont already know anyway

Yeah, you're just Mr. Innocent, right? 

Yeah, you're just Mr. Innocent, right?

im not even sure exactly what your trying to say or do here? you took a direct stab at me because i said something that someone else said about you was funny.. you went out of your way to try to start a fight with me and you failed.. which is why you basically have nothing to say now.. so why dont you just stop starting fights on here with everyone just let it go its not necessary.

You guys argue like middle school girls. (Although I know this will only propagate the argument, oh well.)

sorry .. any thread she participates in turns into an argument with someone Unfourtunently this time it was my turn i guess.. goes out of her way to start fights with people, nothing better to do i guess