JJ broken wrist

Jas0nMacIsaac

Fuuuuck this sucks.. That poor guy, it has to be so frustrating- because it sure is from a fan's point of view.

I don't know what I would like te lines to be, it pains me to see Henrique on the 4th line but I guess maybethat's what we have to do

I feel absolutely terrible for Josefson. 2 seasons in the league and he's suffered 3 big injuries. Its almost like Josefson's career hasn't had a chance to start. More than production next season, I just want him to stay healthy.

In terms of the line up, it really sucks to lose the decent 4th line they finally had. Obviously I wish Zharkov would get the call up but I know that there is no way in hell that is happening. I don't want Boulton or Janssen playing in the playoffs and the only call up I could see them making that wouldn't be that bad would be Zalewski.

I feel absolutely terrible for Josefson. 2 seasons in the league and he's suffered 3 big injuries. Its almost like Josefson's career hasn't had a chance to start. More than production next season, I just want him to stay healthy.

In terms of the line up, it really sucks to lose the decent 4th line they finally had. Obviously I wish Zharkov would get the call up but I know that there is no way in hell that is happening. I don't want Boulton or Janssen playing in the playoffs and the only call up I could see them making that wouldn't be that bad would be Zalewski.

If I'm the Devils, I almost start planning my future as though Josefson's not going to be a part of it...which obviously sucks, as he's shown some promise, but for whatever the reasons, some guys just seem injury-prone. Not saying he can't contribute, and who knows, maybe after these three freak injuries he'll find his health, but I sure as hell wouldn't count on it.

If I'm the Devils, I almost start planning my future as though Josefson's not going to be a part of it...which obviously sucks, as he's shown some promise, but for whatever the reasons, some guys just seem injury-prone. Not saying he can't contribute, and who knows, maybe after these three freak injuries he'll find his health, but I sure as hell wouldn't count on it.

It's one thing if you do stupid things like Taylor Hall, but like you say these have been truly freak injuries.

Unfortunately, I'm feeling the same way. It's a killer too 'cause the kid's got talent.

I almost wanna see him spend a full year in Albany. His skill level isn't below NHL standards, but his ability to handle the physicality of the North American game is very much below NHL standards. Give him a whole year against mostly younger, smaller opponents. Hopefully it'll allow him to actually get a full healthy season under his belt and add some bulk to his frame before rejoining the big club in 2013-14.

This injury sucks for JJ and the team. However, I wouldn't touch the top 3 lines and don't think they should take Henrique off the 3rd to center the fourth. The fourth line doesn't play enough minutes to justify that kind of move, especially in the playoffs.

I would like to see Zharkov up here, but that probably isn't going to happen. Putting Tedenby on the 4th is pointless because he can't produce without skilled players around him. Unfortunately, I think we will see a little bit of Boulton and alot of Kovy double shifting in the playoffs.

this makes me mad at josefson kinda. he's our depietro

Except his contract runs out next year, not in 2026, and he gets paid less then $1 million/year to be on the IR, not over $4 million. Nonetheless, this injury hurts our depth for the playoffs, big time.

Edited by Chuck the Duck

I don't believe you can relegate Henrique to the 4th line.

Also, I wouldn't mind seeing Tao brought up and used on wing or even Corrente for that matter. It provides a serviceable player on the 4th line and gives flexibility in the playoffs for carrying extra D if needed. I think Pete D plans on doubling Zach more anyway.

I doubt NJ cares about Albany's playoff run...especially since they would have to win their remaining 6 games and still get help to make it. I really don't know why PDB doesn't want Zharkov up, he'd be perfect for the 4th line role. I guess you can say Zharkov is as good as gone back to Russia next year. I agree with earlier posters about not expecting much from Josefson, he really is starting to seem like he's going to be injury prone.

I doubt NJ cares about Albany's playoff run...especially since they would have to win their remaining 6 games and still get help to make it. I really don't know why PDB doesn't want Zharkov up, he'd be perfect for the 4th line role. I guess you can say Zharkov is as good as gone back to Russia next year. I agree with earlier posters about not expecting much from Josefson, he really is starting to seem like he's going to be injury prone.

I think it is too early to say that. Many young players have reputations as injury prone but soon mature, get stronger and train better to help them avoid injuries. I'm not ready to write off Josefson's future with the Devils because of injuries.

I think it is too early to say that. Many young players have reputations as injury prone but soon mature, get stronger and train better to help them avoid injuries. I'm not ready to write off Josefson's future with the Devils because of injuries.

Or you can be like Gaborik, always injury prone until he got to the Rangers and magically became an ironman. Actually, they usually have a healthy roster, I'm jealous of their medical team.

But when you get taken out by Pando on something not even that hard, I'm sorry...that's real brittle. That's DiPo territory.

Edited by NJDevs4978