Dear LD:

Neb00rs

Marty has been solid, but he hasn't been tested much in these games. Schneider doesn't play offense, he can't make us score.

Schneider has been very solid in goal, marty has done well also. If they played the games the other goalie played, its very likely their records would be reversed as well.

The last thing we need to do is piss a well playing Schneider off, and have him wanna leave here at the end of the year because he is 2nd fiddle. Marty is on the way out, Corey is the guy of the future hopefully. I would rather support the new guy now, for all marty has done for us, his career is nearing its end.

I want corey to play, play well and for us to win games while hes in net. It is no competition between supporters of marty vs corey. If you were smart you would want the same. Corey playing well for us is more important to the future of the franchise than marty having a good final run.

Edited by Sneax

It's been awesome to see Brodeur play well even if he isn't facing a lot of shots. Really enjoy watching him still.

I was curious and looked up the goal support each goalie has had. In Brodeur's 9 starts the Devils have scored 25 goals. In Schneider's 8 starts the Devils have scored 10 goals. The Devils have been shutout 3 times when Schneider starts. Obviously small sample size but I'm sure it's frustrating for Schneider.

It's been awesome to see Brodeur play well even if he isn't facing a lot of shots. Really enjoy watching him still.

I was curious and looked up the goal support each goalie has had. In Brodeur's 9 starts the Devils have scored 25 goals. In Schneider's 8 starts the Devils have scored 10 goals. The Devils have been shutout 3 times when Schneider starts. Obviously small sample size but I'm sure it's frustrating for Schneider.

Holy crap!  That's a strange stat.  Marty's puckhandling and rebound control are much better than Schneider's.  I wonder if that has anything to do with it.  I do notice the Devils get pinned in their zone more with Schneider in net.  I was wondering if you can get the numbers to confirm this.

He only ever faced around 20 or so shots a game during all of those golden years in Jersey...doesn't make his career numbers any less impressive.

The Devils score keepers have a history of undercounting shots. His SV% could actually be a few percentage points higher. People who criticize Marty will always point to his SV%.

Holy crap!  That's a strange stat.  Marty's puckhandling and rebound control are much better than Schneider's.  I wonder if that has anything to do with it.  I do notice the Devils get pinned in their zone more with Schneider in net.  I was wondering if you can get the numbers to confirm this.

I definitely agree with you that Brodeur's puckhandling skills are a lot better than Schneider's. While I haven't been impressed with Schneider's rebound control so far, I feel like I haven't seen him enough to really form an opinion on it. I never really saw much action of him playing  inVancouver so far all I know, maybe that aspect of his game has just been off lately.

Brodeur's been on ice for 401 even strength faceoffs. 34.7% of these are in the O Zone, 40.4% in the N Zone, and 24.9% in the D Zone.  

Schneider's been on ice for 377 even strength faceoffs. 36.9% of these are in the O Zone, 34.2% in the N Zone, and 28.9% in the D Zone.

Not really a huge difference when you compare the Devils O/D St% of 58.2% with Brodeur to their 56.0% with Schneider, but they do start out in their D Zone about 4% more when Schneider is in net. The Devils tend to push play forward but maybe that extra 4% leads to them getting pinned back more in their D Zone when Schneider is in net.

The Devils all situations Corsi For% when each goalie is on ice is nearly identical, 52.5% with Brodeur, 52.2% with Schneider. They do have a better Shot For% with Brodeur at 52.3% while with Schnieder they are just below 50% with a 49.6%. Interesting to note that the Devils have shot at 10.1% as a team with Brodeur in goal, while just at 5.1% with Schneider in goal. Big reason for the lack of goal support Schneider has received. I'm sure once that corrects out, the wins for Schneider and the Devils will come.

Corey has started against tougher teams. Penguins, Vancouver x 2, Minnesota and Toronto (and CBJ, WPG and Rangers before they got it together). Marty, on the other hand, only has faced Tampa and Boston as teams I'd put in the same category as the ones Corey has faced.

I think this is only a fluke and Marty, whilst he has played well, has also benefitted from the team in front of him getting it together. Corey's wins will come.

It's not like Corey has been playing poorly. Msg had a stat last night that he was fifth in the league in gaa.

Just weird that Marty has gotten all the goal support and Corey hasn't gotten any.

Marty and Cory are 5th and 6th in GAA, and 31st and 17th in save%, respectively.  Similar to last season, but now the overall save%s aren't god-awful like they were last year.

For me, it's not one vs. the other. We haven't been able to score when Schneider's on net, oddly enough, or his stats would be up to snuff with Marty's 4-1-0 during that span mentioned.

What I mean by "not one vs. the other" is that I feel very good about our goaltending moving forward, no matter who's in net. It's how I felt during our nice playoff year a couple years ago and it's a good feeling.

easy marty puck stick skills puts us in ozone posession vs schnei mean everyone can relax

Not saying it's entirely responsible but don't underestimate Marty ability to control and move the puck, especially when the D lacks guys who are able to do it well. Would be curious to see how many odd man rushes devs have when Marty is in net vs Schneider.

Marty has allowed 2 goals in his past four games. Please explain how the Devils have artificially manipulated the score-sheets to make us believe these lies!   :unsure:

What are you talking about I have been nothing but supportive of Marty this season. Where are you coming from, are you bored?

What are you talking about I have been nothing but supportive of Marty this season. Where are you coming from, are you bored?

Well, I haven't been around as much lately, so I just went with 5 years of evidence. I am truly sorry if you have had an epiphany and support Marty now. It was just a joke.

• Like 2

I definitely agree with you that Brodeur's puckhandling skills are a lot better than Schneider's. While I haven't been impressed with Schneider's rebound control so far, I feel like I haven't seen him enough to really form an opinion on it. I never really saw much action of him playing  inVancouver so far all I know, maybe that aspect of his game has just been off lately.

Brodeur's been on ice for 401 even strength faceoffs. 34.7% of these are in the O Zone, 40.4% in the N Zone, and 24.9% in the D Zone.  

Schneider's been on ice for 377 even strength faceoffs. 36.9% of these are in the O Zone, 34.2% in the N Zone, and 28.9% in the D Zone.

Not really a huge difference when you compare the Devils O/D St% of 58.2% with Brodeur to their 56.0% with Schneider, but they do start out in their D Zone about 4% more when Schneider is in net. The Devils tend to push play forward but maybe that extra 4% leads to them getting pinned back more in their D Zone when Schneider is in net.

The Devils all situations Corsi For% when each goalie is on ice is nearly identical, 52.5% with Brodeur, 52.2% with Schneider. They do have a better Shot For% with Brodeur at 52.3% while with Schnieder they are just below 50% with a 49.6%. Interesting to note that the Devils have shot at 10.1% as a team with Brodeur in goal, while just at 5.1% with Schneider in goal. Big reason for the lack of goal support Schneider has received. I'm sure once that corrects out, the wins for Schneider and the Devils will come.

Interesting. Thanks for taking the time to do that. So the Devils lose their ability to shoot when Corey in net for some unexplainable reason.

I've gotta say, LD definitely hasn't been one of the ones pouring it on this year during the rough start.

I think 7 is tougher on Marty than LD.

Well, I haven't been around as much lately, so I just went with 5 years of evidence. I am truly sorry if you have had an epiphany and support Marty now. It was just a joke.

WOW you don't come here but you assume. ow smart is that?

I don't support Marty but I give credit him when deserved, always have