Semin to carolina

Prucenterrules

Coming off a SCF loss, this organization should be aggresive and hungry to get back there and win a cup. Instead all we have done is re-sign old players, the 4th line, and a goon. There is still time to improve the team, but knowing lou its going to be some mediocre move where he brings back some old ex devil. With the devils finacial woes they need to sell tickets and fill up the rock. Since they have lost zach, they have done absolutely nothing to get the fans excited for this upcoming season.

Um, you do realize that if you have financial "woes" that means you don't normally throw $7M at someone, right?

Bascially someone else signed a player we have never actually been linked to in any definitive way, and it's time to throw a riot. Last season was a fluke to some degree, get over it.

Um, you do realize that if you have financial "woes" that means you don't normally throw $7M at someone, right?

Bascially someone else signed a player we have never actually been linked to in any definitive way, and it's time to throw a riot. Last season was a fluke to some degree, get over it.

Um, you realize we had financial "woes" and we threw 7 mil at parise?

Carolina is suddenly looking pretty good. Staal, Staal, Semin, Skinner, Jokinen, and Tlusty isn't a bad top 6.

I almost wish Nashville didn't match the Weber OS and Doan signed in Pittsburgh. That would of certainly made Lou get Semin or Ryan or somebody that can actually play. Sigh.

Calling Bernier, Tedenby, and Barch! Get ready!!!

Um, you realize we had financial "woes" and we threw 7 mil at parise?

Who knows what they threw at Parise and how it was set up. Anyways, there's a difference than making a symbolic attempt to sign your captain, who probably won't resign anyway, to a lifetime deal, and offering a B- superstar $7M for a year that he might actually accept. Basically this is all your own fault, you all hyped up something that didn't even really exist and then get disappointed when it doesn't happen.

Same exact thing will happen when Doan signs.

Since when do the Devils have to be linked to a player to sign him? I mean - he would've helped a lot, and if it wasn't for the fact that Vanderbeek is considering becoming a freegan to save some cash, I'd be more upset.

Getting to the SCF wasn't a fluke. Yeah, maybe we were lucky here and there but we weren't lucky to get all the way.

we should look at trying to get Bobby Ryan

Bobby Ryan would be a very expensive acquisition. I like him, but..it would cost a lot.

Doan will be signed to a dumb contract - this isn't a dumb contract. That's the difference.

Here's hoping it's not with the Devils.

Who knows what they threw at Parise and how it was set up. Anyways, there's a difference than making a symbolic attempt to sign your captain, who probably won't resign anyway, to a lifetime deal, and offering a B- superstar $7M for a year that he might actually accept. Basically this is all your own fault, you all hyped up something that didn't even really exist and then get disappointed when it doesn't happen.

Same exact thing will happen when Doan signs.

If you're calling Semin a 'B' superstar you're high or on something.... He was clearly the caps best player in the playoffs.

Since when do the Devils have to be linked to a player to sign him? I mean - he would've helped a lot, and if it wasn't for the fact that Vanderbeek is considering becoming a freegan to save some cash, I'd be more upset.

There was really nothing out there. Nothing from the Russians that tweet, nothing in the Russian media, it wasn't like a writer saw him sneak into a door in Newark during prospect camp or anything... it was alot of wishful thinking, nothing to really get mad about.

If you're calling Semin a 'B' superstar you're high or on something.... He was clearly the caps best player in the playoffs.

I didn't call him a B superstar, I called him a B- superstar. BTW, he had 4 points in the playoffs, so if he was their best player, I am totally confused as to how they managed to play 14 games.

Agreed. We are quickly becoming the most spoiled fan base in the NHL. When they lost Gomez, everyone panicked and complained that all they did was get Zubrus to replace him. It took time but they got back to being a contender. Now, they lose Parise. Friends, give it time and have some faith.

Problem is they don't really have time. Five key UFA's this offseason, and Marty/Moose on the wrong side of 40 with Sal on the wrong side of 35. A one-year deal would have been ideal (well really a two or three-year deal at slightly less money would have been more ideal) but yeah I doubt they were going to throw that money at Semin.

I don't think Semin would have signed a 2-11 anyway, or even a 3-17. He somehow got a raise after a 54-point season, you don't think he wants to hit the jackpot next offseason? He knows he's not going to get bupkus long-term this offseason after a poor season and with the smear job TSN did on him July 1.

Edited by NJDevs4978

Would have liked to have seen Semin here so this sucks.

So far the offseason has been fairly sh!tty for the Devils IMO, but we have been through worse.

Whatever, this knocks down another off-season worry. So now my biggest concerns at this point is when the equipment sale is and if there will be a lockout next year.

Carolina has amazing depth at center, Staal, Staal, Skinner, Ruutu, I can see Semin having a tremendous year playing with any of them.

I think Skinner and Ruutu are gonna play wing.

Anyway, the Canes appear to have a great offense, but on defense they aren't great. Pitkanen, Gleason, Faulk, McBain ahh who am I kidding. This team is stacked

They're not going to lose the season, so yes, he'll get paid something and be free to walk as he will be 29. I wouldn't be surprised if the age/service changes a little bit, but I'd guess 29 will be safe, and he'd be a 29-9 since they got the service year for the lockout.