NFL Divisonal Playoffs!

CRASHER

Don't look now but Denver's D is losing bodies left and right now too.  No Von Miller and now Harris is out of the playoffs as well.

Ironically I think their coaches are making all these marquee QB's go ground and pound more in the playoffs BECAUSE their defenses all suck, so they have to protect them (the defenses).  Brees/Rodgers/Brady even Peyton to a degree have all handed it off a lot more than normal this playoff year, it's an interesting dichotomy.

Brady, now more than ever, almost really doesn't have anyone to throw to that's truly money.  Edelman is a great story, but he is what he is.  Amendola didn't become Wes Welker (but has at least stayed on the damned field).  When something else is working SO effectively (like Blount suddenly becoming the beast that he has), to the tune of over 500 yards on the ground in two games, might as well run with it (literally).  Brady's never been a guy who's cared much about his numbers (though he's always put up good ones)...he just wants to win, whether it's 35-30 or 14-10. 

Will be interesting to see what will happen if the Patriots are put in the position where they HAVE to pass to keep pace or catch up. 

I think the Pats' D is going to have their hands full, in a big way, trying to stop Manning this time...I think the Broncos will put up at least 31 points.  So can the Patriots put up 35?     

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Kap loses its to Wilson. Same team only one who has it better then Kap is Wilson. No one expected San Fran to super bowl this year, its never been done. These type of qbs compliment there teams. Brady/Bree's and Rodgers have all fallen to these young guns. Denever. They have to do it or it'd a bust for them. Who ever wins Sunday will most likely win the Superbowl for the NFC.

If Kap loses its to Wilson. Same team only one who has it better then Kap is Wilson. No one expected San Fran to super bowl this year, its never been done. These type of qbs compliment there teams. Brady/Bree's and Rodgers have all fallen to these young guns. Denever. They have to do it or it'd a bust for them. Who ever wins Sunday will most likely win the Superbowl for the NFC.

Last time I checked Brady was still in the playoffs.  He's also been on the winning end of 13 games this year.  Also just saw him win against Andrew Luck, one of the "young guns".  So not really sure what you're talking about, unless you think the Pats losing to Cam Newton's Panthers previously suddenly means the current guard is somehow obsolete. 

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

Not talking this playoffs. Talking how newtons topped Bree's. Kap has topped Rodgers three time and brady once as well a newton and Wilson toped only Bree's. Talking those three not luck.

Last time I checked, a team is made up of more than its QB, so I don't know what the significance of individual games actually is. The Niners and especially the Panthers and Seahawks are what they are more by virtue of their defenses.

In their latest match-up Ryan Tannehill "topped" Tom Brady, as did Geno Smith. Somehow I don't think the Pats are quaking in their boots at the prospect of having to face either of them twice next year.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

No. And no. These three are around complete packages. Good qbs good offenses with elite defenses. They seem to be the kryptonite for these elite qbs that's all. Denever has a hard as hell schedule next year. Facing all these teams during the regular season. Its gonna be really interesting!!

Sorry but 98% of the time I'm posting I'm at my job. I have two jobs one full and one part time as well as volunteering with the Coast Guard. As long as my words are spelled right for the most part I'm fine. Not worrying about periods and punctuation most of the time. As long as you can know what I'm saying its fine I'm not writing essays and trying to impress forum members. All I was saying is these three young qbs seem to be the kryptonite for the veterans. Without Wilson, Seattle doesn't see the post season. First half of the season that o-line was sh!t. He was scrambling every game on third downs from sacks. Every Seattle fan has said it. He's their spark without him their no where. Kap and Newton have sound teams across the board, with the exception of San Fran having the better offense. This is Carolinas first great year and a lot has to do with the maturity of the team and Newton as well. If Alex smith was the wb for San Fran still, they'd be good but they wouldn't have beaten Green Bay this year or last year without Kap. They all compliment their teams. And that's how you win against someone like Peyton or Brady. Think Wilson and Kap had better offensive seasons this year them Bree's though. Wilson's ability with no name recievers this year was amazing. A true leader. I hate Seattle but man, you have to respect Wilson.

Sorry but 98% of the time I'm posting I'm at my job. I have two jobs one full and one part time as well as volunteering with the Coast Guard. As long as my words are spelled right for the most part I'm fine. Not worrying about periods and punctuation most of the time. As long as you can know what I'm saying its fine I'm not writing essays and trying to impress forum members. All I was saying is these three young qbs seem to be the kryptonite for the veterans. Without Wilson, Seattle doesn't see the post season. First half of the season that o-line was sh!t. He was scrambling every game on third downs from sacks. Every Seattle fan has said it. He's their spark without him their no where. Kap and Newton have sound teams across the board, with the exception of San Fran having the better offense. This is Carolinas first great year and a lot has to do with the maturity of the team and Newton as well. If Alex smith was the wb for San Fran still, they'd be good but they wouldn't have beaten Green Bay this year or last year without Kap. They all compliment their teams. And that's how you win against someone like Peyton or Brady. Think Wilson and Kap had better offensive seasons this year them Bree's though. Wilson's ability with no name recievers this year was amazing. A true leader. I hate Seattle but man, you have to respect Wilson.

That's fine, and I wasn't being sarcastic when I saying I was trying to be being respectful. Sometimes though it is difficult to follow what you're writing, this most recent post not being one of them.

To the merits, the Seahawks win games much more on the back of its defense, and it's running game. Wilson's stats bare this out, as do Kap's. Both very good QBs, but not on the same level as Rodgers, Brees, Brady or Manning.

I know that but what I'm saying is during the first half the season Seattle has a bad defense. They were missing half that o-line and dealing with whatever drug issues that team has. Wilson had to take all their faults into his hands. Tampa is a good example. The defense fell through but Wilson brought them back up, like great does qb. Wilson has to rely on that defense as they have no offensive fire power like their rival San Fran does. Overall, no those four are better then any QB out tbere. But Wilson's talent level is higher then Drew's. It'll be fun to watch his career proceed. I think.

I know that but what I'm saying is during the first half the season Seattle has a bad defense. They were missing half that o-line and dealing with whatever drug issues that team has. Wilson had to take all their faults into his hands. Tampa is a good example. The defense fell through but Wilson brought them back up, like great does qb. Wilson has to rely on that defense as they have no offensive fire power like their rival San Fran does. Overall, no those four are better then any QB out tbere. But Wilson's talent level is higher then Drew's. It'll be fun to watch his career proceed. I think.

I'm actually somewhat in agreement that Brees is a bit overrated. I think he's one of those guys that would be thought of as only a good QB if he played under different circumstances, which is why I don't get too worked up over the Dolphins losing out on him. I think the truly elite QBs -- Brady, Manning and Rodgers (and maybe Luck) -- are guys that will succeed no matter where you put them. Or, put another way, each of those QBs would make a very meh team like the Dolphins a Super Bowl calliber team. Kap, Wilson, Newton and Brees have the ability to get the Phins into the playoffs, and maybe win a game, but that's it.

I'm actually somewhat in agreement that Brees is a bit overrated. I think he's one of those guys that would be thought of as only a good QB if he played under different circumstances, which is why I don't get too worked up over the Dolphins losing out on him. I think the truly elite QBs -- Brady, Manning and Rodgers (and maybe Luck) -- are guys that will succeed no matter where you put them. Or, put another way, each of those QBs would make a very meh team like the Dolphins a Super Bowl calliber team. Kap, Wilson, Newton and Brees have the ability to get the Phins into the playoffs, and maybe win a game, but that's it.

You seriously put Luck ahead of Brees already? Get out of here. Everyone talks up Luck like he is the next great star, but he's had as much trouble as any of the young QBs. He throws a sh!tload of INTs.

If you don't get worked up about passing on Brees for Daunte, that's fine, but you missed out on a great QB. 

You throw any QB on the Dolphins with that O-line, they are going to struggle. You take away the great weapons from all these guys, and they will struggle. Manning, Brady, and Luck with this Dolphins team wasn't winning a Super Bowl...not even close.

You seriously put Luck ahead of Brees already? Get out of here. Everyone talks up Luck like he is the next great star, but he's had as much trouble as any of the young QBs. He throws a sh!tload of INTs.

If you don't get worked up about passing on Brees for Daunte, that's fine, but you missed out on a great QB. 

You throw any QB on the Dolphins with that O-line, they are going to struggle. You take away the great weapons from all these guys, and they will struggle. Manning, Brady, and Luck with this Dolphins team wasn't winning a Super Bowl...not even close.

Luck didn't throw that many INTs during the season (only 9...half as many as the season before), but he's thrown a lot in the playoffs (8 in just three games). 

But I agree, in that some people are making too much out of Luck, too quickly.  Maybe he will be a generational great one day, but right now he's still clearly a work in progress.

One thing I keep hearing about is "Luck's thrown for more yards than any other QB in his first two seasons".  That means about as much as Peyton's current yards-passing record does.  EVERYONE (or so it seems like it) is throwing for a lot of yards now.  People talk about how Brady "struggled" during the regular season, and he threw for 4343 yards (good for 6th in the league).  Brees has thrown for over 5000 yards in four out of the past six seasons (including the last three).  Since 2011, the 5000-yards passing plateau has been eclipsed 6 times.  These observers have to start factoring in the rule changes and the numbers relative to the present.  Making it sound like Luck's "more yards" achievement is something major is just stupid.     

Luck didn't throw that many INTs during the season (only 9...half as many as the season before), but he's thrown a lot in the playoffs (8 in just three games). 

But I agree, in that some people are making too much out of Luck, too quickly.  Maybe he will be a generational great one day, but right now he's still clearly a work in progress.

One thing I keep hearing about is "Luck's thrown for more yards than any other QB in his first two seasons".  That means about as much as Peyton's current yards-passing record does.  EVERYONE (or so it seems like it) is throwing for a lot of yards now.  People talk about how Brady "struggled" during the regular season, and he threw for 4343 yards (good for 6th in the league).  Brees has thrown for over 5000 yards in four out of the past six seasons (including the last three).  Since 2011, the 5000-yards passing plateau has been eclipsed 6 times.  These observers have to start factoring in the rule changes and the numbers relative to the present.  Making it sound like Luck's "more yards" achievement is something major is just stupid.     

Passing yards don't mean everything unless you build your offense around it. Cam Newton had all the records before Luck. He started out his career with back-to-back 400+ yard games. They lost both those games. For so many QBs big passing yard games mean your defense sucks, you simply can not run the ball, or you are losing big time. You fall down big and you will get a whole lot of yards.

Cam went from 4051 yards in his first year to 3869 and then to 3379. Quite a drop from year 1 to 3. But the Panthers went from 6-10 to 12-4. 

It isn't just that it is easier to have big passing games, but what those yards actually mean. When Matt Stafford throws for 5000 yards on a 4-12 team, that means sh!t all, especially when there are 20 TDs to 17 INTs. Carson Palmer was one of the worst QBs in the league in Oakland, but he still threw for over 4000 yards. If you are down a few scores, you'll get your yards in the second half. But a lot of the good teams this season (San Fran, Carolina, Seattle) won big and it didn't take huge number days to do it. They either had the luxury of not falling behind a lot or were up so much that they could run the ball a lot. For those teams, commitment to the running game is a huge part of their identity.

Alternatively, what you see Manning, Brady and Brees do is special. Bigger games in part of the new rules, but also because how efficient their system is and the talent they have as well as around them. 

Edited by devilsrule33

Piggybacking on what you're saying dr33...there's also a habit by some of treating all 300 and 400 yard games equally.  After the Patriot win over the Colts, I heard my fair share of "But Luck threw for 331 yards."  When you see lists of "Top QBs" for the day, they're always listed by total passing yards. 

Yeah, if you're behind, you're going to get to fatten up on yards passing.