Psychotic lying Minnesota fan got us onto Deadspin

DJ Eco

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dude's a fvcking psycho. He was hurling the word "jerk" around like it was his job, and read his bullsh!t story, he keeps going on about how he was hearing homophobic slurs directed at him all night. This guy's a psycho. Another shame-piece on our New Jersey Devils...

No one at Prudential Center would ever start a "____" swallows chant or say anything anti-gay.  :whistling:

In all seriousness, glad to see the pro-Devils response on the REAL story, even from Flyer fans.

Edited by Z-Man

Just goes to show you how retarded the Internet is. One lying moron writes a whiny entry on reddit and it gets picked up by a bigger outlet as if its the word of God, and distributed in lazy journalism form.

It's on Deadspin and now Yahoo, and TG is even talking about it. You gotta be kidding me. ESPN next?

Now this is the type of inciteful a$$hole that deserves to get rolled down the stairs. If you come in our building and then start sh!t like that, you should expect to get rolled. I saw a Phailures fan get rolled down the stairs at the CAA years ago... I have no doubt he probably deserved it. If you make gestures that our state is the 'armpit' of America, how in the hell do you expect to be treated?

The internet is a scary place.  I don't have the ability nor the interest in finding out who he is from that picture, but it's totally do-able.

People need to be careful when making sh!t up..especially if personal information can be released. 

I bet it'd take someone with the skills/abilities about an hour tops to find out who this guy was from that picture alone.

Now this is the type of inciteful a$$hole that deserves to get rolled down the stairs. If you come in our building and then start sh!t like that, you should expect to get rolled. I saw a Phailures fan get rolled down the stairs at the CAA years ago... I have no doubt he probably deserved it. If you make gestures that our state is the 'armpit' of America, how in the hell do you expect to be treated?

I can imagine you would lead that charge against those 2 geeks in the picture lol.

The internet is a scary place.  I don't have the ability nor the interest in finding out who he is from that picture, but it's totally do-able.

People need to be careful when making sh!t up..especially if personal information can be released. 

I bet it'd take someone with the skills/abilities about an hour tops to find out who this guy was from that picture alone.

This is why I never go the arena and never go overboard.  Most I pretty much do is jeer and boo (which I did last night at Parise).  When it starts going into homophobic slurs, especially right at other fans, nothing good ever comes out of that and now with cell phones you can record people doing it.

Maybe. You make claims against a fanbase. You get an entire fanbase defending themselves. Page clicks. Back and forth comments. Lots of traffic. Perfect for Deadspin and Puck Daddy.

It pretty much is the biggest click-bait there is in sports.  I really am surprised it doesn't happen more often than it does.

I've sat near the Diablos before. When the Rangers suck, flyers swallow, crosby etc chant starts they immediately began a lets go devils chant to drown it out. Almost like they were receiving marching orders from someone. I don't think the Devils brass would be too happy with that section getting that obscene with their chants.

something is weird here

Minny fan starts sh!t......

We retaliate......

Minny fan plays victim......

Is this how it went?

I think he's the ultimate troll - he's since deleted his reddit account, the video & youtube account, and all his comments.

I think he went yesterday with his buddy with the intent of stirring things up, and now he was able to create even more drama by putting forth a bullsh!t story.

Congrats, random Minnesota fan, you have successfully manipulated the internet.

Minny fan starts sh!t......

We retaliate......

Minny fan plays victim......

Is this how it went?

He didn't just start sh!t, he was looking for it apparently.. Amazing.. Guy goes out of his way to get fans to hate on him, then cries about it to the Internet.. He's since deleted his accounts and the YT video.. Hmmmm the victim got called out and deleted all of his stuff? Yeah he was definitely not lying or anything.....

Devils fans have been hostile before, but we're pretty good about pulling punches when kids are around. Also, if the other team's fans start sh!t, we have the right to respond. I'm not cool with the homophobia, but it sounds like that was mostly him. All in all, a sh!tbag comes into our arena, gets kicked out for being a sh!tbag, and we look bad? Fvck him.

This guys achieved everything he wanted to. Center of attention last night in his section, and now a bunch of negative PR drummed up on Devils' arena and their fans. Makes me sick...

Can't help but think some really scummy Rangers fan was behind this. Those douches looked like the typical Rangers fans that come to a random Devils game, and that would explain the Team USA jersey (not Wild jersey) and what seems to be a vendetta against the Devils and its fans.