Martin Brodeur Final (?) Game Thread

devilsrule33

Did anyone see the diving play that Greene made on Soderberg?? Soderberg started to beat him with speed on the outside and he made this beautiful diving poke-check.  He also nailed Campbell behind boards with a big hit in the 2nd.  I'm loving me some Andy Greene right now.  He's been playing like this team's captain.  He's been an all-around guy. 

I'm pretty sure the diving poke-check was Larsson. You are right about Greene though. Steady as a rock this year.

one day that will be a trivia question

Q: What was the result of the last shot Marty faced as a Devil and who took it?

Guess: Goal by Brad Marchand

A: Incorrect. That was the last shot on goal in Marty's second to last season as a Devil.  :koolaid:

If you're talking about the one coming down on Marty's right and the defenseman laid out barely poking it away, it was Larsson.

Oh, okay, I thought that Zidlicky was out there with Greene towards the end of the game.  So I saw the number and thought it was Greene, crowd got pumped off it too, just figured it was Greene.

If this was a bad season, consider the Devils the luckiest fan base in the league.

He isn't saying that it was a 'bad season' he is saying that he 'hated' this season. I can understand that feeling, as I enjoyed a good portion of the 2010-11 season a lot more than this season. I'm not too down on this season though, but I was protected because I didn't expect much out of the team once February rolled around. Not that I thought they couldn't make it but that I wasn't going to get my hopes up unless the team gave me reason to believe otherwise.

I hate saying it but I'm glad this season is over. Hated this team and year

I loved this team.  They worked their tails off for most of the year.  They were tough to play against, and completely once again proved the doubters wrong.  How many people had this team as a bottom 5 team?  The Devils shootout record this year was such a fluke.  There was absolutely no explanation as to how a team could go 4-45 in the shootout with an 0-13 record.  That shootout record makes the team look worse than it was.

He isn't saying that it was a 'bad season' he is saying that he 'hated' this season. I can understand that feeling, as I enjoyed a good portion of the 2010-11 season a lot more than this season. I'm not too down on this season though, but I was protected because I didn't expect much out of the team once February rolled around. Not that I thought they couldn't make it but that I wasn't going to get my hopes up unless the team gave me reason to believe otherwise.

Bingo. Between the kovy nonsense, the goal song nonsense, calling the season ticket holders ticket scalpers nonsense, the marty trade rumor nonsense and the shoot out garbage I've just had enough for one year.

Edited by Satans Hockey