Richard Zednik cut bad in the throat - in stable condition now

Satans Hockey

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe we will start seeing some more players wearing neck guards now.

I don't know if we will right away, but I am sure future generations will. Sort of how more players were visors nowadays. I know last year on my team we only had 2 guys that wore the neck guards, but all of the kids' teams that would practice at the same arena where actually mandated to wear them in games and practices as a rule within their league.

That is really scary and I'm really glad Richard is okay. He's a player I like, and no one wants to see any player get hurt this bad, especially how it happened. Scary video, scary injury, but it sounds like he's going to be alright. It really shook me to the core when I saw this, just like the Malarchuk incident. But I'm really glad he's going to be okay.

I don't know if we will right away, but I am sure future generations will. Sort of how more players were visors nowadays. I know last year on my team we only had 2 guys that wore the neck guards, but all of the kids' teams that would practice at the same arena where actually mandated to wear them in games and practices as a rule within their league.

We had to wear neck guards as kids, but teams from Washington didn't have to (and most players didn't). They had to wear mouth guards and we didn't though. Always struck me as odd.

OMG! That is so scary to watch. I am just stunned just like the players looked out on that ice. They got medical guys right away which was a good thing. It looked like Zednik was passing out when he got to the bench. Thanks for the video and it is so sad and hope Richard will be ok. Thoughts and prayers will be with him tonight. Wow. :saddevil:

That's so awful. I won't feel at ease about him until his condition is "good" Stable condition means nothing - it means they've stabilized his vitals - that's it. It at least means they can get him to the hospital.

Man that is horrible. I felt light headed just watching that. Looks like he is going to be ok but that has to be such a horrible experience.

zednik.jpg

on another board i go on, there was a guy who was at the game and he said parents were taking there kids home crying hysterically. he was the one who originally posted this pic. he said the whole arena was dead silent until they announced he was going to be ok. that looked pretty horrific.

You really have to respect hockey players. An incident like this really shows you how dangerous this sport really is. Fortunately things like this don't happen to often but between the razor sharp blades and the flying pucks, there is always that potential for something bad to happen.

I don't get TSN but people on HF are saying that their broadcast is reporting that he is out of surgery and resting comfortably. His wife is on her way from Florida to accompanying him. Good news, it looks like he will be ok.

Via HF, I heard that one of the doctors actually held his artery on the way to the hospital, that came from the Sabres telecast tonight. Thank God everyone was able to act quickly and correctly.

Edit: Panther's Website also confirms that he is resting after his surgery.

Edited by thefiestygoat

My goodness did that bring bad bad flashbacks of Clint Malarchuk getting cut almost 20 years ago...gave me chills....

I just watched it on DVR, man I am so Zednik will be ok.

This picture tells the whole story from a fans perspective:

zednik_83025.jpg

NHL medical teams have to be some of the best in the sports business, they always seem to respond so fast.

I remember when jiri fischer suffered heart failure on the Bench, and he was saved by the doctors, who worked so quickly to rectify the problem. Other sports such as Soccer could learn a valuable lesson, 3 players have died on the field in the last year and a half.

Glad Zed's is OK, i have always liked him as a player, and he had just started to find his form this season, hope he recovers back to full health.