NFL Week 14!!

CRASHER

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You realize I was being sarcastic, right? We are a .500 team at best, we are in the hunt only because there are no great teams anymore.

C'mon, you are NOT being sarcastic...and I don't think you should be, either.  Ravens have won three in a row to force themselves into the driver's seat for the #6 seed, and as we've seen, being a low seed and having to play an extra game (or having to play every playoff game on the road) isn't that big a deal anymore.  Sometimes it's about getting hot at the right time...if the Ravens get in with a 9-7 record, but have won 6 out of their last 7 (and coming off a Super Bowl win of course), suffice it to say a lot of teams are going to be afraid of them. 

C'mon, you are NOT being sarcastic...and I don't think you should be, either. Ravens have won three in a row to force themselves into the driver's seat for the #6 seed, and as we've seen, being a low seed and having to play an extra game (or having to play every playoff game on the road) isn't that big a deal anymore. Sometimes it's about getting hot at the right time...if the Ravens get in with a 9-7 record, but have won 6 out of their last 7 (and coming off a Super Bowl win of course), suffice it to say a lot of teams are going to be afraid of them.

This AFC seems a lot like those NFC playoffs when the Giants won its past two Super Bowls. While Denver is clearly the class of the conference, if Manning has one of his cold weather days, the conference is wide open. Miami, a sixth seed if they're in, has beaten the Bengals and the Colts, lost by a field goal to the Ravens, and can beat a Patriots team without Gronk.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Denver is very vulnerable with that defense, and Manning's very meh playoff history.  Any team can get picked off in the AFC. 

Denver is very vulnerable with that defense, and Manning's very meh playoff history. Any team can get picked off in the AFC.

Anyone can beat anyone of course. Maybe I'm looking at it from the Dolohins perspective though when I say that Manning would tear the Dolphins D apart, playoffs or no playoffs, clutch or otherwise. All of the other teams are very beatable.

C'mon, you are NOT being sarcastic...and I don't think you should be, either. Ravens have won three in a row to force themselves into the driver's seat for the #6 seed, and as we've seen, being a low seed and having to play an extra game (or having to play every playoff game on the road) isn't that big a deal anymore. Sometimes it's about getting hot at the right time...if the Ravens get in with a 9-7 record, but have won 6 out of their last 7 (and coming off a Super Bowl win of course), suffice it to say a lot of teams are going to be afraid of them.

I am totally being sarcastic, we are barely beating teams we would have crushed a year ago. Our defense is still unsettled, our O-line is a concern, our running game is non-existent going into the post season when you need it the most. The only saving grace is that Flacco will keep us in every game and our inexperienced WR are starting to learn how to read a defense and get in sync with our QB. We are in the hunt because none of the teams can play consistent week-to-week.

Anyone can beat anyone of course. Maybe I'm looking at it from the Dolohins perspective though when I say that Manning would tear the Dolphins D apart, playoffs or no playoffs, clutch or otherwise. All of the other teams are very beatable.

The NFL playoffs are fun because it's single elimination.

I am totally being sarcastic, we are barely beating teams we would have crushed a year ago. Our defense is still unsettled, our O-line is a concern, our running game is non-existent going into the post season when you need it the most. The only saving grace is that Flacco will keep us in every game and our inexperienced WR are starting to learn how to read a defense and get in sync with our QB. We are in the hunt because none of the teams can play consistent week-to-week.

Just get to the dance.  That's all you have to do in the NFL, as far as the playoffs go.  Anything can happen once you get there.  Not like Baltimore put up an awesome regular-season record last year...they were 10-6 and a #4 seed.  The bad road record is a concern in 2013, but the Ravens have shown they can win road playoff games, so that might not even factor in.  Your team is also well-coached (he has no trouble outcoaching the Genius).  There's reasons for optimism.