Best place for jersey?

Blown01NJ

Yeah the less you take off the better it usually is.

I really want to buy one of the cheap kovy premiers that have been flooding eBay for the past 3 months and just have EPS change it to Ryder, but I won't for two reasons just yet. One is that he is only on a two year contract and the other is that the 17 on most of those Kovys is not the correct font. For some reason only EPS can do the 7 correctly on a devils jersey.

DHL better

Do I dare post the henrique fake jersey pic again?

I took a pic of another fan wearing a fake henrique with the same issue during the Vancouver game as well.

Fakes look terrible.

Do I dare post the henrique fake jersey pic again?

I took a pic of another fan wearing a fake henrique with the same issue during the Vancouver game as well.

Fakes look terrible.

Really?  I've never seen a good looking Devils fake.

i have a fake kovalchuk.. the actualy quality of the material of the jersey are much better then the crap they sell called the "premiere" the quality of the reebok jerseys compared to the previous ccm are just such junk.. i wont buy a jersey anymore if its not a game worn.. for a couple reasons quality being number one the real authentics that the players wear you cant get unless you buy a gamer they're made in Canada not Indonesia and the quality difference is a pretty big one.

i have a fake kovalchuk.. the actualy quality of the material of the jersey are much better then the crap they sell called the "premiere" the quality of the reebok jerseys compared to the previous ccm are just such junk.. i wont buy a jersey anymore if its not a game worn.. for a couple reasons quality being number one the real authentics that the players wear you cant get unless you buy a gamer they're made in Canada not Indonesia and the quality difference is a pretty big one.

I actually think the indo edges aren't bad.  I have one, and I love it.  Fakes just don't look good imo.

I actually think the indo edges aren't bad.  I have one, and I love it.  Fakes just don't look good imo.

some dont depends on where you get it from.. i have some really horrible looking fake football jerseys.. i dont want to get too far into the fake jersey discussion as a lot of people here feel strongly against it and its started trouble in earlier threads thats just no necessary.. but the comparison to reebok premieres to the old ccms that were the equivalent does not even come close to comparing.. i dont wear my fake kovy anymore or atleast i have yet this season but i wear my old ccm langenbrunner jersey when i dont break out the elias or clarkson gamers i have(i dont wear them too often) so im due to pick up a cheapo premiere just to wear to game thinking about getting a jagr..just hate to drop like $200 on one of those things even the patchs that they use are just poor feeling/looking material.

some dont depends on where you get it from.. i have some really horrible looking fake football jerseys.. i dont want to get too far into the fake jersey discussion as a lot of people here feel strongly against it and its started trouble in earlier threads thats just no necessary.. but the comparison to reebok premieres to the old ccms that were the equivalent does not even come close to comparing.. i dont wear my fake kovy anymore or atleast i have yet this season but i wear my old ccm langenbrunner jersey when i dont break out the elias or clarkson gamers i have(i dont wear them too often) so im due to pick up a cheapo premiere just to wear to game thinking about getting a jagr..just hate to drop like $200 on one of those things even the patchs that they use are just poor feeling/looking material.

This part is very true.  Reebok really shot themselves in the foot with the release of the premiers and then further added to their woes with the release of the Indo-Edges.  Reebok decided to go cut corners more and inflated the price a bit for replicas.  Blank replicas should really go for about $75-90.  Current Premiers in brick and mortar stores as well as online on sites like shop.nhl.com and sportsk, IJ start at about $100 blank and then can sell for $150-200 range if you add a name.  That in itself is way too much for replicas for any jersey.  I remember the old CCM 550 replicas going blank in brick and mortar stores back in the late 90's and early 2000's for about $60-90 a pop and then with a name was about $125-150, which was much more manageable.  The only progress in the right direction that has happened for jerseys in general in the last 15 years was that for customization, pretty much all customizers charge a flat fee for whatever name you want instead of price per letter they used to do back in the day.  There was a reason why you rarely saw jerseys for Niedermayer when he was here but you did see plenty for Langenbrunner when he played for the Devils.  Back then the pricing per letter/number was $2-6 depending on the material, style, etc so you can do the math on that.

But going back to the Premiers vs fakes, I think Premiers win every time.  On fakes I have seen wrong colors, wrong materials, crooked lettering, misplaced lettering, wrong stripes, tons of loose stitching, bubbling and everything you can imagine.  I hear the reasons why people go for but I never really understood them.  The usual reasons are money and quality.  The money is bogus as I have seen many people who buy fakes also attend a ton of games a year, buy 2-3 of the $9 beers at the arena per game, pay for train tickets to and from, and then go to the bars/restaurants before and after the game.  Right there you can easily pay for an official jersey just by cutting back 1 game.  For quality, I mean people say that the fakes "feel more and are constructed stronger than replicas."  To me that is bogus as I have seen the issues on fakes that I mentioned before and for some reason people believe that a really bad looking fight strap makes it 100x better (yes I have heard people say that they like the fakes better just because of that fight strap).  Unless you are looking to get into a fight with the jersey on, then a fight strap is just extra material, legit or not.  Another smaller reason people buy fakes is of ignorance and well not much you can do about that.

I still really suggest eBay for finding Premiers for cheap.  There was a seller recently selling Devils Premiers for $50 a pop with free shipping which is 1/2 the price that sportsk is asking for a blank.  They are the old vectors but still much better than going to Modells and dropping $125 on a blank.

Edited by DevsMan84

This part is very true.  Reebok really shot themselves in the foot with the release of the premiers and then further added to their woes with the release of the Indo-Edges.  Reebok decided to go cut corners more and inflated the price a bit for replicas.  Blank replicas should really go for about $75-90.  Current Premiers in brick and mortar stores as well as online on sites like shop.nhl.com and sportsk, IJ start at about $100 blank and then can sell for $150-200 range if you add a name.  That in itself is way too much for replicas for any jersey.  I remember the old CCM 550 replicas going blank in brick and mortar stores back in the late 90's and early 2000's for about $60-90 a pop and then with a name was about $125-150, which was much more manageable.  The only progress in the right direction that has happened for jerseys in general in the last 15 years was that for customization, pretty much all customizers charge a flat fee for whatever name you want instead of price per letter they used to do back in the day.  There was a reason why you rarely saw jerseys for Niedermayer when he was here but you did see plenty for Langenbrunner when he played for the Devils.  Back then the pricing per letter/number was $2-6 depending on the material, style, etc so you can do the math on that.

But going back to the Premiers vs fakes, I think Premiers win every time.  On fakes I have seen wrong colors, wrong materials, crooked lettering, misplaced lettering, wrong stripes, tons of loose stitching, bubbling and everything you can imagine.  I hear the reasons why people go for but I never really understood them.  The usual reasons are money and quality.  The money is bogus as I have seen many people who buy fakes also attend a ton of games a year, buy 2-3 of the $9 beers at the arena per game, pay for train tickets to and from, and then go to the bars/restaurants before and after the game.  Right there you can easily pay for an official jersey just by cutting back 1 game.  For quality, I mean people say that the fakes "feel more and are constructed stronger than replicas."  To me that is bogus as I have seen the issues on fakes that I mentioned before and for some reason people believe that a really bad looking fight strap makes it 100x better (yes I have heard people say that they like the fakes better just because of that fight strap).  Unless you are looking to get into a fight with the jersey on, then a fight strap is just extra material, legit or not.  Another smaller reason people buy fakes is of ignorance and well not much you can do about that.

I still really suggest eBay for finding Premiers for cheap.  There was a seller recently selling Devils Premiers for $50 a pop with free shipping which is 1/2 the price that sportsk is asking for a blank.  They are the old vectors but still much better than going to Modells and dropping $125 on a blank.

Sharp

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.