NFL Free Agency Thread

MadDog2020

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jim Brown would have trouble running behind that pitiful Cleveland OL from last year.

Good move by the G-Men, gave up virtually nothing to get a starting RB.

and the Giant O-Line has been much better???

Maybe only at False Starts :P

Domenick Rhodes to the RAIDERS !?!?!?! :blink:

How dumb is that?

Very dumb thinking the Raiders are going to be any better next season. Well the Raiders really can't get any worse than this past season. :P Rhodes should have remained in Indy or went to the Giants who needed a running back at the time..

Stallworth to the Patriots.

http://www.nfl.com/teams/story/NE/10055081

He's a quality receiver and, as a Patriots fan, I like this move -- I'm just wary of his injury history. He has a very dodgy hamstring, causing him to miss a number of games for both NO and Phi. Still, that pretty much means he'll make a good Patriot, given recent injury problems. :P At least the Pats will now have a viable deep threat. Too bad Jackson is still on the mend.

Stallworth to the Patriots.

http://www.nfl.com/teams/story/NE/10055081

He's a quality receiver and, as a Patriots fan, I like this move -- I'm just wary of his injury history. He has a very dodgy hamstring, causing him to miss a number of games for both NO and Phi. Still, that pretty much means he'll make a good Patriot, given recent injury problems. :P At least the Pats will now have a viable deep threat. Too bad Jackson is still on the mend.

Nice pick up by the Patriots. The Eagles once again have no wide receivers for McNabb to throw too. He will do good in New England.

Man! I tell you, the Pats have made a ton of quality moves this off season! I guess seeing how easy that 4th Superbowl win WOULD'VE been, is motivating Kraft! :lol:

Nick Harper to the Titans today

and Travis Henry bribes Mike Bell with $10,000 to buy the number 20 from him

(not as cool as when John Kruk gave the number away for a 6 pack and some donuts!)

The Pat$ e$$entially signed Stallworth to a 1 year deal....he is good, but SO injury prone.

But remember the translation:

ESPN:

If Buffalo or another downtrodden team signed Stallowrth: "Overpaid, overhyped, injury prone"

New England makes the same exact signing "The genuis of Bill Belicheck has no limits"

:o

Word is Randy Moss will be dealt to the Packers sooner then later

total all or nothing move here.. and again this is Favre stinting the long-term growth of this Packer team

he REALLY needs to go away....

maybe Dallas can trade MeEffingO to the Raiders :evil:

6 years, $32 million and 9.5 guaranteed

I'd call that monstrous, even more so with a 3rd string guy who has only 137 career catches

this is either balls out genius or pure idiocy by the Egoes!

6 years, $32 million and 9.5 guaranteed

I'd call that monstrous, even more so with a 3rd string guy who has only 137 career catches

this is either balls out genius or pure idiocy by the Egoes!

That is CRAZY. Kudos for Curtis, but the Eagles are Koo-Koo.

Without Reid at the helm (mentally) this team will fall apart quickly this year.

I'm sure Reid's kids will pep the team up. :giggle:

The Pat$ e$$entially signed Stallworth to a 1 year deal....he is good, but SO injury prone.

But remember the translation:

ESPN:

If Buffalo or another downtrodden team signed Stallowrth: "Overpaid, overhyped, injury prone"

New England makes the same exact signing "The genuis of Bill Belicheck has no limits"

:o

What do I smell? oh, yeah. Jealousy, that's it. If the downtrodden Bills signed Stallworth, they'd still have a crap team. WR ain't where their trouble is at, so the critics would be hard pressed not to crucify them!

And as to the genius of Bill, let's just see, shall we??? :evil:

I do believe that Fat Boy Bill did shaft him in Dallas and never gave him a chance, but I think it's too late to salvage anything now... this isn't gonna be some Rich Gannon who became good at like 32 or whatever it was

LB Cato June agrees to terms on a 3 year contract with Tampa Bay.

So far, this is the only loss to the Colts that worries me, but was expected as we always seem to let our LB's walk off to other teams. Colts aren't that deep and talented at LB as it is.