congrats to the 2013-14 Champs, the Kings

msweet

Pretty often, we can get caught up in the emotion of being Devils fans and get sucked into the bias that brings.

But, it's blowing my mind how many people on NHL.com, or their Facebook/Twitter, are trashing the Rangers and this matchup in general. A Sharks fan (who you'd think would be pulling for the Kings not to get another one) commented "The Rangers are frauds. Shouldn't be here." A fan of the Jets on NHL.com commented with the full breakdown of how many games, and which games they played against a backup goalie. Other fans are taking notice. Chicago fan said something like, "Rangers have had the easiest road to a Finals ever, and it shows."

This is the kind of stuff I've seen on this board for a month now, but sometimes I think we're fans commenting in a vacuum. Glad to see we're not too offbase.

Pretty often, we can get caught up in the emotion of being Devils fans and get sucked into the bias that brings.

But, it's blowing my mind how many people on NHL.com, or their Facebook/Twitter, are trashing the Rangers and this matchup in general. A Sharks fan (who you'd think would be pulling for the Kings not to get another one) commented "The Rangers are frauds. Shouldn't be here." A fan of the Jets on NHL.com commented with the full breakdown of how many games, and which games they played against a backup goalie. Other fans are taking notice. Chicago fan said something like, "Rangers have had the easiest road to a Finals ever, and it shows."

This is the kind of stuff I've seen on this board for a month now, but sometimes I think we're fans commenting in a vacuum. Glad to see we're not too offbase.

Well if the Rangers do lose tomorrow it'll be the first Finals in 16 years that ends in a sweep lol.  And most of the late '90's series (Colorado-Florida, Detroit-Philly, Detroit-Caps) were one superteam beating up on inferior opposition, our '95 sweep was a bit of an outlier because of how good Detroit was.

as we know from 2003 a player on the losing team can win the Con

I think last night takes Henrik out of the runnings. I don't know how they could fathom giving him a Conn Smythe, these aren't 1-0 games. Doughty or one of the Kings forwards is definitely gonna get it. I'd like Williams to get it.

I'd be more nervous about tomorrow's crowd than last night's. I feel like the real old school diehards are gonna show up now that ticket prices have bottomed out and the bandwagon's dead, can't blame them. The right atmosphere can spark a team. LA better take care of business.

Remember, the Conn Smythe Trophy is awarded for performance through the entire playoffs, not just the finals.  I don't think Quick's numbers are good enough to warrant giving it to him.  I can see it going to Kopitar or Doughty but I would love if it goes to Gaborik at MSG tomorrow! :lol:

I think last night takes Henrik out of the runnings. I don't know how they could fathom giving him a Conn Smythe, these aren't 1-0 games. Doughty or one of the Kings forwards is definitely gonna get it. I'd like Williams to get it.

yeah he isnt getting it, I think a King will get it regardless of which team wins.

Quickly created a t-shirt design based on the 1994 rangers hoodie.  I know its not the best, in fact its not that good,and prob some on here could do a much better job.  However I only had a few mins to do this in, so this will do

http://www.customink.com/designs/rangers/arj0-0011-jhfk/hotlink?pc=HL-76684&cm_mmc=hotlink-_-3-_-Body_txt-_-button1

back.jpgfront.jpg

if someone wore that they would be the ultimate tool.. i mean come on people need to figure out where to draw the line somewhere.. we make fun of ranger fans for stupid things like that 20 year anniversary hoodie i saw someone post up not that long ago..

If his team loses against the Blackhawks, he's probably hearing some criticism...he was at .906 thru the first three rounds (now up to .910).  All he has to do is play well one more game (or even just good enough) and no one will say much of anything about his overall playoff run. 

Agreed. Heck if he has a shutout next game he'll be on the short list for Conn Smythe. Though I think Kopitar, Carter, and Doughty are the favorites (Gaborik?).

There is no way in hell Quick is going to sniff the Conn Smythe. Kopitar, Doughty, Carter and Gaborik are firmly ahead and you could probably add Williams to that list as well.

I think the next game (hopefully the last game) one of those guys will have a real strong game and seal the deal

Anyone going to try and get tickets? I'm going to see how low they go tomorrow afternoon and try to go...

I can think of many things I'd rather do with 400 bucks.

I really don't think we should celebrate a sweep much. More just say thank God it didn't happen and move on

Anyone going to try and get tickets? I'm going to see how low they go tomorrow afternoon and try to go...

I can't picture them getting much lower than this since face value of the tickets is 450+ anyway.  They might even rally slightly upward.  I really don't see them going dramatically below face considering how much people paid for them and how rare going to the Finals is for them.

I can think of many things I'd rather do with 400 bucks.

I really don't think we should celebrate a sweep much. More just say thank God it didn't happen and move on

It's not entirely about celebrating a sweep, it's an opportunity to see the Cup presentation.  Although it'd probably somehow have to get in the 200's range for me to consider going though.

It's not entirely about celebrating a sweep, it's an opportunity to see the Cup presentation.  Although it'd probably somehow have to get in the 200's range for me to consider going though.

I'm talking about this board and Devils fandom in general.

this is all terrible mojo you're all playing with. i assume the rangers are winning this thing in historic fashion until i see the kings holding the cup.

:clap2:  :clap2:  :clap2:  :clap2:

Agreed. I'm prepared for the worst, and that includes not being in the city after work to watch this thing. Going to watch this at home. If they even come close to doing what we did in 2012 and get 1 or 2 wins now, I'll be pissed off.

Edited by DJ Eco