GDT NJD (19-7-1) at BUF (16-8-2) 7:00 PM ET on Versus

funetiklee

I'm going to guess and say Danis gets the Friday start against Florida, Saturday the 18th in Atlanta, and then Sat Jan 2 in Minny.

You're trying to assume logic where illogical thinking almost always exists (the Devils' running Brodeur into the ground in pursuit of divisions).

At the very least it would be asinine for Marty to play seven games in eleven days...it was comical that even the VERSUS interviewer grilled him on his games played.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Could see Danis play on Friday vs. Florida with the back to back games especially with Brodeur playing on Saturday night vs. the slumping Flyers. Brodeur most likely playing against Carolina on Wednesday night for obvious reasons. get back at Carolina for last seasons Game 7 loss and the possibility of getting SO # 104 against a bad Carolina team right now even though they won tonight in Pittsburgh 3-2.

NO MIKE MOTTAU and the Devils play their best defensive game of the season. They did everything well disciplined and they way Lemaire expects them to play. They need to keep Mottau out of the line up for a while and this teams defense will be sound and solid like we saw tonight. With martin coming back soon it will even be better. Good game all around by the Devils.

How convienient. Back with your Mike Mottau hate once again, Hells. :blahblah::rolleyes:

You are absolutely clueless and hopeless.

Edited by SJP20

Dean McAmmond played an amazing game.

Absolutely. He was all over the place, making great plays, both defensively and offensively. I've been pleased with him until now, but after tonight I'm cautiously excited. I wonder what he can do with Clarkson and Zharkov on his wings (once we get completely healthy).

McAmmond has been fantastic so far. Another great signing by Lou. I know MccAmond right now is playing to stay in the league. There is no option for the minors for him. He's retiring if the Devils don't keep him on the big club. So he has to really leave a good impression before Clarkson and Zubrus come back. It's nice to have a good 4th line for a change. I really can't see how Jacques will feel the need to play Peters unless it's against Philly.

this team is going to be awesome and super deep once martin zubrus, and clarkson return.

yeah mcammond is a real gritty smart player...love that guy...thnx lou!

that 4th line was sic tonight...pelley and pikkarainen were good as well

bergfors is continuing to impress with his hustle and skill...and i dig that zharkov.

just a great effort...corrente and fraser looked good. i agree with satanic devil mottau should be #7...i like mike, but he can be real sketchy out there at times.

Edited by ice dog

The game was awesome. I just got back from the game, front row behind the Devils bench... greatest game I've been to. The crowd was out of it from the start.

I'm surprised a lot of Buffalo fans left in the middle of the 3rd. Regardless of the team, I thought they'd want to see some history...

McAmmond has been fantastic so far. Another great signing by Lou. I know MccAmond right now is playing to stay in the league. There is no option for the minors for him. He's retiring if the Devils don't keep him on the big club. So he has to really leave a good impression before Clarkson and Zubrus come back. It's nice to have a good 4th line for a change. I really can't see how Jacques will feel the need to play Peters unless it's against Philly.

could see it against the rangers too but i think peters is out of the lineup for a while. pikkarainen has really improved these last few games too.

i'd sit brodeur against the floppicanes and @atl, pretty easy to find danis 2 or 3 games in this month

could see it against the rangers too but i think peters is out of the lineup for a while. pikkarainen has really improved these last few games too.

i'd sit brodeur against the floppicanes and @atl, pretty easy to find danis 2 or 3 games in this month

There is going to be an interesting dilemma once everyone gets healthy. The top 6 look pretty good together with the mix and match right wings. This puts Zubrus and Clarkson on the 3rd line needing a winger. Zharkov is making it awful hard to send him down right now. Pikkarainen and Pelley seem to be making a nice 4th line. Who does this leave out? For me Nieds and Pando. Now they cant be gotten rid of, they both optimally find homes on the 4th line. Which is sad as neither player can really be considered of the "energy" type. Hell they have been down right lethargic since coming back from injury. Zharkov most likely gets sent down just to make roster room. Leaving the lines something like

Parise, Zajac, Bergfors

Rolston, Elias, Langenbrunner

Pando(ugh why god why), Zubrus, Clarkson

McAmmond, Nieds, Pikachu

Extras Pelley and Peters.

Now in a perfect world Pando and Nieds find themselves disapeared. Pando will drag that 3rd line down and at his current rate Nieds is nothing but a boat Anchor. Its a shame to break up the 4th line that has look surprisingly effective the past couple of games, but thats it its only 2 games. Overall its a reasonably deep lineup that is able to roll 4 lines each night. Just give me an upgrade for the 3rd line LW spot and its golden.

There is going to be an interesting dilemma once everyone gets healthy. The top 6 look pretty good together with the mix and match right wings. This puts Zubrus and Clarkson on the 3rd line needing a winger. Zharkov is making it awful hard to send him down right now. Pikkarainen and Pelley seem to be making a nice 4th line. Who does this leave out? For me Nieds and Pando. Now they cant be gotten rid of, they both optimally find homes on the 4th line. Which is sad as neither player can really be considered of the "energy" type. Hell they have been down right lethargic since coming back from injury. Zharkov most likely gets sent down just to make roster room. Leaving the lines something like

Parise, Zajac, Bergfors

Rolston, Elias, Langenbrunner

Pando(ugh why god why), Zubrus, Clarkson

McAmmond, Nieds, Pikachu

Extras Pelley and Peters.

Now in a perfect world Pando and Nieds find themselves disapeared. Pando will drag that 3rd line down and at his current rate Nieds is nothing but a boat Anchor. Its a shame to break up the 4th line that has look surprisingly effective the past couple of games, but thats it its only 2 games. Overall its a reasonably deep lineup that is able to roll 4 lines each night. Just give me an upgrade for the 3rd line LW spot and its golden.

The good or bad news depending on who the player is...is that we may never see a healthy lineup all year. Zharkov has been quite impressive so far and still has a couple of months to leave a bigger impression, so I'm not going to assume anything yet. Pandolfo is definitely not someone I want to see on the third line either and if Zharkov stays, that might not be a problem, but Jacques seems to love him (Pandolfo) so who the heck knows. Pelley might be the odd man out in the end. Trying to figure out the lineup when everyone healthy seems crazy at this point.

Edited by devilsrule33

Game over...

Versus jinx over...

All-Time Shutout record over...

Congratulations to Martin Brodeur on his 103rd shutout of his career and now 1st All-Time in shutouts tied with Sawchuk! :dance:

The Devils were solid tonight all around especially on the defense! NO MIKE MOTTAU and the Devils play their best defensive game of the season. They did everything well disciplined and they way Lemaire expects them to play. They need to keep Mottau out of the line up for a while and this teams defense will be sound and solid like we saw tonight. With martin coming back soon it will even be better. Good game all around by the Devils.

OK, I'm finally convinced of what half of this board has PM'd me in private conversation......You ARE a hockey idiot.

Your boy Greene has bumbled is share of defensive plays in the last few games .... you've been quiet. (so have I mind you)

Mottau scores a goal a few games ago .... you're quiet as a mouse.

Buffalo comes out flatfooted for a game, Miller gives up an uncharacteristic bad goal...... and you conclude its all because of Mottau out of the lineup.

Your the first one to criticize anyone who says a bad word about Greene, yet you the first to try to burn Mottau every chance you get, even if he's not on the ice for said goal. What the hell does one game without Mottau have to do with the shutout?

Do you not think for one second that this defence needs Mike Mottau as much as it needs Andy Greene right now? You think any of these guys can sustain 30 minutes per night?

I didn't have my usual Pepsi w/dinner - maybe that was part of the reason for good defence tonight as well?

I can't take it anymore, I'm going to say what everyone is thinking.

Amazing..... one season its Weekes, this time its Mottau.

How this fanbase isn't laughed out of hockey conversation with people like you representing it is beyond me.

Its no wonder half this board has you on ignore, the crap you spew sets a new low for hockey idiocy. Only to be topped by your lengthy, illogical, schitzophrenic emoticon-filled, nonsense that you post in a rebuttal when you are called on said foolishness.

Yeah, how's Voros doing? No, I didn't say it was Lou's mistake, I meant "the organization", not Lou specifically...oops...damn that search engine (backpeddle, backpeddle).

In regards to the game, Dean McAmmond/Special Neids .... bargain bin deals of the year. Amazing.

For the first time in a while the 4th line looked like it was doing something other than just trying to purely eat time and a goal a goal against didn't happen.

Edited by DevilinLA

Dean McAmmond played an amazing game.

Agreed, he has to stay up with the team for the rest of the season.

Everyone played so well, Pelley and Pikka had their best games so far this year. Sharky still looks legit, i love the speed and energy he brings, if he dosen't stay with the team untill the end of the year we have another prospect ready to make the NHL next season.

Parise was on fire as usual, so unlucky not to get a goal. Again the post seemed to do more work than the goaltender agaisnt the Devils in this game. Good to see Zajac and Parise leading the league in +/-.

Also that shot by Bergfors for his goal was amazing, he is also second out of all the rookies in the NHL, hopefully hee keep it up and pushes all the way to the end of the season.

Don't agree SD about Mottau, he is always fairly solid, and he had put some really good games together of late, in no way could you pin the performance of the team last night on the lack of Mottau. Buffalo only generating 12 shots through 2 periods and being completley flat and the devils coming out super motivated was probably the main reason.

I'm surprised a lot of Buffalo fans left in the middle of the 3rd. Regardless of the team, I thought they'd want to see some history...

the mass exodus was funny :lol:

It was so obvious he was gonna break the record I was sitting and taunting about it all 3rd period when people were leaving B )

the only comeback I got was "well Sawchuck did it without a mask".... which I came back with... well it's not my fault he was an idiot!

Since I have DirecTV, I didn't get to see this one...dammit! I did get to see some highlights on NHL on the Fly, but that show never really gives me a true feel of how the game unfolded. Was last night a tough one for Marty? I know the Devils had a big shot edge, but I also know that can be misleading. There will always be morons who will say "Yeah, anyone can shut guys out if they're only facing 13 shots a game" or something like that, but those of us who've been watching since Game 1 of Marty's career know that's not true, so it doesn't matter.

8 goals in his last 15 for Rolston. Thank God! With that contract the Devils were stuck with him if he wasn't producing...25 to 30 goals suddenly isn't out of the question for Rolston.

My initial expectations for Bergfors were to 1) try to stay with the big club all season, 2) stay healthy, and 3) put up somewhere between 30 and 40 points. So far he's done 1 and 2, and exceeded 3 (he's currently on pace for 55 points, on 26 goals and 29 assists). It's still early and rookies can crash and burn or slump at any time, but he really has done a wonderful job helping to minimize Gio's leaving.

And just like that, the Devils find themselves 2nd in the NHL in goal differential. I can't get over how terrific this season has been...I thought they'd be competitive and in the playoff hunt for sure, but Lemaire has really done a wonderful job with this team. Not much to complain about.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

Since I have DirecTV, I didn't get to see this one...dammit! I did get to see some highlights on NHL on the Fly, but that show never really gives me a true feel of how the game unfolded. Was last night a tough one for Marty? I know the Devils had a big shot edge, but I also know that can be misleading. There will always be morons who will say "Yeah, anyone can shut guys out if they're only facing 13 shots a game" or something like that, but those of us who've been watching since Game 1 of Marty's career know that's not true, so it doesn't matter.

8 goals in his last 15 for Rolston. Thank God! With that contract the Devils were stuck with him if he wasn't producing...25 to 30 goals suddenly isn't out of the question for Rolston.

My initial expectations for Bergfors were to 1) try to stay with the big club all season, 2) stay healthy, and 3) put up somewhere between 30 and 40 points. So far he's done 1 and 2, and exceeded 3 (he's currently on pace for 56 points, on 26 goals and 29 assists). It's still early and rookies can crash and burn or slump at any time, but he really has done a wonderful job helping to minimize Gio's leaving.

And just like that, the Devils find themselves 2nd in the NHL in goal differential. I can't get over how terrific this season has been...I thought they'd be competitive and in the playoff hunt for sure, but Lemaire has really done a wonderful job with this team. Not much to complain about.

He had 3-4 saves of the really good variety.... one of the HOLY sh!t level (I was on the other side of the arena, but when I saw it on the replay.... damn!).... Buffalo really looked like they called this one in when Miller let that second goal in (which was a BAD one too)...

I did find it funny that they reviewed a goal that would have made it 4-0... but they disallowed it which allowed me to heckle the fans left... HEY THAT WAS TEN YEARS LATE. NOW WASN'T IT???? :evil: