Super Bowl Thread....Sports Entertainmentzzzz for all!!!

CRASHER

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

All told, that might've been the worst Super Bowl ever. Even the commercials sucked.

My wife's commercial during the puppy bowl was better than anything in the Super Bowl, except maybe the Radio Shack one. You'll have to guess which one was hers. A hint, Sherry Ross would have liked it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by Daniel

Yes. But Peyton isn't a piece of garbage slime ball like Pete Carroll.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Part of me had a huge problem with the way they were trying to roll it up late, throwing the ball with two minutes left, going for it on fourth down...but with the way Denver just LAID DOWN I really have no sympathy for them either.  Good christ, even the Jets would be more competitive than that or at least Rex's defense would.

Malcolm smith mvp

I thought it should have been Harvin myself...but it probably seems more fitting if it goes to someone on the defense and defenders never usually get it anyway so whatever.

I am stunned. I can't believe how badly Denver got outplayed. I never saw it coming.

Time and time again these "high powered" offenses get shutdown come playoff time.  I've seen it happen for years with the Patriot offense.  I didn't think the Broncos would get held to single digits, but I wasn't that surprised to see them get stifled.  The Broncos are basically the Patriots West of the past several seasons...they can beat up on a lot of bad to mediocre Ds in the regular season (which covers up for their own bad to mediocre Ds), but put them up against a truly GOOD defense and a solid gameplan and the Pats and the Broncos suddenly look very vulnerable.  Everyone gets sucked in by the run-it-up big numbers (I used to, but I don't anymore), but it's a lot tougher when you're not going up Ds that have almost chance to shut you down.  BB should really take a good long look at what Seattle does on D.  Not saying he should try to emulate it exactly (not like personnel like Seattle's just falls from the sky), but enough with "bend but don't break".  It is possible to dominate and not hope to hold opponents to field goals or hope they make a mistake that leads to a turnover.

One thing for sure:  if the Pats had faced the Seahawks in the Super Bowl, I think the results probably would've been similar.  Pats probably would've lost by 30 or so.      

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

I somehow think it would have been closer, I've never seen the Pats get flat-out embarassed the way the Broncos did yesterday (or the way Peyton did against the Jets in the '01 Wild Card game), but yesterday did bring to mind the whole AFC/NFC dynamic of the late '80's where the NFC Championship is the real Super Bowl.

I somehow think it would have been closer, I've never seen the Pats get flat-out embarassed the way the Broncos did yesterday (or the way Peyton did against the Jets in the '01 Wild Card game), but yesterday did bring to mind the whole AFC/NFC dynamic of the late '80's where the NFC Championship is the real Super Bowl.

They've had some tough playoff losses.  Baltimore lit them up pretty good in that WC game and last season, and in NE no less. 

Pats' O-line didn't have a great year, not many offensive weapons at the moment...and their D is shaky.   

I think the Pats would've scored 10-14 points, but I also think they would've given up over 40.  That would've been an awful matchup for the Patriots.