Game 4 Seats

CRASHER

You can't tell me ANY 16 year old pays for their tickets.

Not everyone has their parents pay for their tickets. I'm only 14 and I pay for mine. I did the same thing last year at 13. That's why I almost always sit in the cheapest seats.

You are unique...

I imagine you went with your friends rather than parents....

I don't know any parents that would make their kids pay for their own tickets if they took them....

You can't tell me ANY 16 year old pays for their tickets.

Not everyone has their parents pay for their tickets. I'm only 14 and I pay for mine. I did the same thing last year at 13. That's why I almost always sit in the cheapest seats.

You are unique...

I imagine you went with your friends rather than parents....

I don't know any parents that would make their kids pay for their own tickets if they took them....

No, I almost always go with my dad. In the past two seasons, my mom has only taken me once and then I went to a game with my best friend and her dad in his company seats.

To me, it's no big deal that I have to pay for my tickets. My parents pay for enough of my expenses and I'm the one that wants to go to the games, not my dad. He loves the Devils too, but he doesn't feel the need to go to games a lot, like I do. Then he pays for parking, tolls, and usually dinner when we go, so it's a fair tradeoff for me.

see what i mean stubbs... Im not trying to be a pain here.. but because u dont have to, u act like others your age dont... thats an assumption and then U insult someone by saying "I don't know any parents that would make their kids pay for their own tickets if they took them.... " after she just said she pays! When i was 5yrs old in 1984 my dad was taking me for years!! but when i was 16 i was paying... and ever since for the most part,. unless friend or boyfriend or someone gives me a free ticket... In fact i have in the past paid for my mom to go to games!! And paid for my own food and parking as well!!

That is an absolutely huge insult In my opinon... it implies that any parent who would make their child pay is not a good parent.. or is wrong in some way...

Are my parents wrong for making me pay for my own college education? Just because many parents do pay for their kids? ... No i was just extremely appreciateive when college ended and i had earned more sense of responsibility then my friends and still do this day dont know what the word debt means cause i learned to earn and save!!. and paid for everything, new cars, luxuries, trips etc!

oh and im a freakin teacher.. so we ALL know my salary sucks!!! :)

Not everyone had the luxury of being able to have season tickets..or have parents who can afford it either... but telling me u pay for your carvel... doesnt make me feel any sympathy... 45 games X $5. for carvel (thats a guess) $225 a season... maybe... and your parents paying for your ticket hmm, maybe $52 x 45 (again ... a guess) $2340

maybe u should consider yourself LUCKY that your parents pay for you.. and appreciate that... rather than make others feel like they have crappy parents for not paying!!!

OK sorry everyone.. i just thought his comment was very rude.. and had to say something, in anyone defense who doesnt have all the money in the world to spend!

BTW - i know stubbs posted earlier that Parking passes are cheaper... is this confirmed.. someone i know has had season tickets for years and told me they are still $10.. not saying this is factual.. seriously I was just wondering!!

Edited by langsgirl

Lansgirl you completely misunderstood me...

When I said the "any parent..." thing I meant that if the person was under 18, and was taken by their parents...

Maybe that was an asumption, but I've never heard of it happening...

I could see someone, even myself paying for their own tickets if they were going with a group of friends or something...

If you're over 18 I see nothing wierd about paying for yourself and parents...

That seems pretty normal to me...

You see, this is my problem with the internet, too many misunderstandings.

Enjoy the game tonight langsgirl, I hopefully will meet up with everyone at the spot.

I didn't mean any of this to insult anyone, and if I did, I apologize. ;)

GO DEVILS!

OK but i didnt misunderstand cause IAMCANADIEN27 said she was paying when she was 14 - you quoted her saying that... and then after u quoted her.. u said I dont know any parent who would make their kid pay... So yes she was under 18!!!!

OK but i didnt misunderstand cause IAMCANADIEN27 said she was paying when she was 14 - you quoted her saying that... and then after u quoted her.. u said I dont know any parent who would make their kid pay... So yes she was under 18!!!!

You're still misunderstanding me....

And trying to prove the non-existent point that you have...

She went with friends, and I see nothing wierd about paying for your tickets if you were going with friends...

Do me a favor and stop reading my posts like they're the bible. :P

JK! B )

lang: If you're not going with your parents it's not a big deal to pay....

You're still misunderstanding me....

And trying to prove the non-existent point that you have...

She went with friends, and I see nothing wierd about paying for your tickets if you were going with friends...

Do me a favor and stop reading my posts like they're the bible. :P

JK! B )

lang: If you're not going with your parents it's not a big deal to pay....

why dont u start reading posts..period... here is what she wrote when u said.. "u imagine she was going with friends when she paid at 14"

No, I almost always go with my dad. In the past two seasons, my mom has only taken me once and then I went to a game with my best friend and her dad in his company seats.

She said she paid no matter who she was with and most the time it was with her dad!!! My point is not non-existent... She said she goes with her dad u said no aprent should make their kid pay.. its insulting.. just admit that u did it.. and stop aacting like i didnt read the entire posts... I can give u reading lessons.. at the 4th grade level if u need :P I understand what u are saying.. but u are wrong.. cause if u read all her posts u would see that she does go with parents..

This has no effect on me .. i just think its rude that u criticize people who dont have their parents paying for them!

Edited by langsgirl

Well, I really don't see how it makes a difference.

It's just that I've never heard of it...

Stop trying to make this a situation where the mods have to close the thread...

I don't need to read anymore of your 5 page essays on why what I said was rude....

I just didn't think that anyone who went with their parents for the most part paid...

But I was wrong....

I still don't think it's a big deal, but to me every time I say something related to the games, you bring up the fact that I'm not paying.

WHY SHOULD I PAY IF I DON'T HAVE TO!

You make it seem like I'm a bad person for not buying my own season tickets... God....

I just don't understand why you've persisted in a situation where it has nothing to do with you, yet you try to point out that I was rude on a msgboard.

What are we 3 english guys @ tea time?

I made a mistake in my asumption, I now realize that...

Congratulations.. u realized u made a poor assumption...

I dont think its bad that u dont pay at all.. thats great for u.. all i was saying was appreciate it instead of mocking someone who doesnt get that luxury.. u made it into so much more...

I think its great when u dont have to pay.. but if u do even wioth your parents it shouldnt be frowned upon..which is what u had implied!

I persisted cause u insult people on numerous occasions.. but being that u probably pay very little bills at this age.,. as most of us did at your age.. its hard to put yourself in others shoes.. just be more cautious of criticizing people who dont have your luxuries when u arent the one paying for those luxuries....

that doesnt mean u are bad cause u arent paying.. it means dont think u are better that others thats all!! Good nite ladies and gentleman i have a hockey game to go to!

Edited by langsgirl

stubbs--i'm not trying to start an argument or anything...just trying to let you know why some people might get mad at your posts, even though you may not mean anything bad....

Not all of us are fortunate enough to have parents who like hockey, or even two parents at all.

My mom isn't a hockey fan, so she never goes to any games, plus the fact that she doesn't usually have time to because she needs to do work around the house and watch my sister. Usually, when I buy tickets to a game, I get one for my uncle, since he is a big sports fan and also spent a lot of money on the holiday package for me this year. If he can't take me, I see if my friend and his dad want to go. My friend always wants to go, but if his dad is busy, then my mom would drop us off at the arena and pick us up when the game ends.

The point is that you should consider yourself lucky to have a family that likes hockey, and gets season tickets for you, and gives you a ride to about 40 games a year. I consider myself lucky to have gone to 8 regular season games and both playoff home games this year. I can't read minds, but judging from your posts it seems that you take that luxury of yours for granted.

stubbs--i'm not trying to start an argument or anything...just trying to let you know why some people might get mad at your posts, even though you may not mean anything bad....

Not all of us are fortunate enough to have parents who like hockey, or even two parents at all.

My mom isn't a hockey fan, so she never goes to any games, plus the fact that she doesn't usually have time to because she needs to do work around the house and watch my sister. Usually, when I buy tickets to a game, I get one for my uncle, since he is a big sports fan and also spent a lot of money on the holiday package for me this year. If he can't take me, I see if my friend and his dad want to go. My friend always wants to go, but if his dad is busy, then my mom would drop us off at the arena and pick us up when the game ends.

The point is that you should consider yourself lucky to have a family that likes hockey, and gets season tickets for you, and gives you a ride to about 40 games a year. I consider myself lucky to have gone to 8 regular season games and both playoff home games this year. I can't read minds, but judging from your posts it seems that you take that luxury of yours for granted.

My mom loves hockey, I go with her to most of the games...

When she doesn't go, I go with my friends and give them a free ticket and parking pass...

I'm a pretty generous person, and you're right, I probably do take the season tickets for granted...

---

I enjoy hockey, and the Devils...

I just made a bad asumption...

End of story. ;)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.