this is a horrible team and lou sucks

brylin18

My expectation coming into this season was that I was totally and absolutely sure that we would finish dead last and yet not qualify for the first overall pick because we lost this year's pick. I was positive we were going to be the NHL laughing stock. So by my measure, we're actually doing quite well. Things could be worse. We could be Buffalo. 

No team can suffer the losses we have seen over the last 5 years. We have bled just far too much talent. And it's not an easy job to replace it. 

I said I would buy NHL Centre Ice as soon as the Devils have more wins than losses. I saved my money this year. Still checking the box scores and seeing how things are going, but am not letting my mood be dictated by how some guys I don't know personally put a rubber disc into netted cage. I'm still a Devils fan as I am sure Brylin18 is. And the "go cheer for another team" crap is not useful to the conversation; you should be able to voice frustration without being told to go away. 

All I want now is for the Devils to continue to not be in the bottom 5 of the league *and* win on January 14th when Moustic and I are in Montreal. :)

It's one thing to voice fustration, its another to say you will stop being a fan when things get a little tough.  Very fair weather.

Oilers never won 3 in a row even in the 80's yet their 84-90 years is often considered and called a dynasty.

If 95-03 was not a dynasty, it was the closest thing you could have to a dynasty without being one.

3 Cup Championships in 4 Finals appearances is certaintly nothing to sneeze at

If 95-03 was not a dynasty, it was the closest thing you could have to a dynasty without being one.

It's a slight cut below a dynasty, but it was a hell of a great run.  Two things really hurt it, from a pure dynasty-standpoint:

1) Having two chances to win another Cup in 2001 (one at home), and going out with a relative whimper in both games.  I give Colorado credit for getting it done, but the way they just swatted away the Devils in Games 6 and 7 like they were some annoying little housefly hurts. 

2) 3 one-and-dones (two of them as a high seed) and a second-round stifling at the hands of the Rangers. 

But I could think of several teams that would've killed for a run like that, so true dynasty or not, was still great to be a part of.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

Oh I wasn't and 95-03 was a great run and like CR1976 said a ton of teams would have killed for that run outside the Red Wings.

I really do think though that winning in 2001 would have really cemented it and the Devils just blew that series, especially games 6 and 7.  I had 11th row tickets to game 6 that year as well and after tailgating for about 6 hours before, I was totally excited and ready to party the rest of the night.  Someone mentioned this a while ago (I think it might have been CR1976 as well) but walking out of the arena after game 6, we all knew it was going to be over.  It was very quiet and everyone knew they were not coming back in game 7

Oh I wasn't and 95-03 was a great run and like CR1976 said a ton of teams would have killed for that run outside the Red Wings.

I really do think though that winning in 2001 would have really cemented it and the Devils just blew that series, especially games 6 and 7.  I had 11th row tickets to game 6 that year as well and after tailgating for about 6 hours before, I was totally excited and ready to party the rest of the night.  Someone mentioned this a while ago (I think it might have been CR1976 as well) but walking out of the arena after game 6, we all knew it was going to be over.  It was very quiet and everyone knew they were not coming back in game 7

Nope, that wasn't me...I watched the game at a hotel bar with some friends.  I was trying to remain hopeful, but Brodeur was playing so badly in that series that it was hard to do it.  When Brodeur looked absolutely awful on both of Tanguay's Game 7 goals (especially the second one), that's when I knew they were toast, even though the Devils were only down 2-0 at that point. 

My expectation coming into this season was that I was totally and absolutely sure that we would finish dead last and yet not qualify for the first overall pick because we lost this year's pick. I was positive we were going to be the NHL laughing stock. So by my measure, we're actually doing quite well. Things could be worse. We could be Buffalo. 

No team can suffer the losses we have seen over the last 5 years. We have bled just far too much talent. And it's not an easy job to replace it. 

I said I would buy NHL Centre Ice as soon as the Devils have more wins than losses. I saved my money this year. Still checking the box scores and seeing how things are going, but am not letting my mood be dictated by how some guys I don't know personally put a rubber disc into netted cage. I'm still a Devils fan as I am sure Brylin18 is. And the "go cheer for another team" crap is not useful to the conversation; you should be able to voice frustration without being told to go away. 

All I want now is for the Devils to continue to not be in the bottom 5 of the league *and* win on January 14th when Moustic and I are in Montreal. :)

When you're opinion is: My favorite sports team should be dominate it's league for my entire life.....you deserve to get mocked for that opinion.

Surprising to see anyone defend that ridiculous post.

this season is a waste of my time. this is a horribly mediocre team.

does lou lamoriello honestly believe that this team can win a stanley cup? look at this sh!t team.....its a joke.

it seems lou is content in having one of those middling teams that makes the playoffs some years and promptly get bounced out, or scrapes and claws its way through the end of the year only to get eliminated from playoff contention after losing a deciding regular season game to the fvcking carolina hurricanes in some stupid anti-climatic playoff "push", after marty goddamn brodeur lets in a goal with 3.8 seconds left in the motherfvcking game.

why we are keeping this piece of trash team afloat with guys like fvcking jaromir jagr or michael ryder? are you kidding me with this lou?

jagr is a guy that the boston bruins acquire on their way to a stanley cup run. he should not be a team's leading motherfvcking scorer!

and the worst part is it's not going to get any better! what do i have to look forward to next year? a solid young defense and a good goaltender, ok, yes.....where are the goals gonna come from lou?! this forward unit is pathetic group. there's no way that they can be counted on to score for sh!t.

my question to lou is this: when did it become acceptable for you to ice mediocre teams that have NO chance in winning a stanley cup?

Lol

Yep.

fvck this franchise.

Signing Kovalchuk destroyed this empire and it will never be rebuilt.

I'm wondering if I will root for this team when it moves to Quebec....

Edited by BigZ

Lol

Yep.

fvck this franchise.

Signing Kovalchuk destroyed this empire and it will never be rebuilt.

I'm wondering if I will root for this team when it moves to Quebec....

This is the type of fvcking sh!t that makes me avoid this board, one that I have enjoyed since 2005.

Disappointing.

This is the type of fvcking sh!t that makes me avoid this board, one that I have enjoyed since 2005.

Disappointing.

There's an ignore feature that this guy is built for.  There's also a ban feature, but that's one that the powers that be seldom use.

Edited by Triumph

There's an ignore feature that this guy is built for. There's also a ban feature, but that's one that the powers that be seldom use.

Or we can all chip in and get him a one way ticket to Quebec ;)

Sent from my SCH-I800 using Tapatalk 2

Edited by Devlin

There's an ignore feature that this guy is built for.  There's also a ban feature, but that's one that the powers that be seldom use.

This is true, and I just used it, but still... every time he posts he gets quoted by a bunch of people (yes, I know I just did that) so you still end up seeing it. Oh well.

one thing i appreciate is this site allows people to say what they will and thank you.

rare indeed

makes hard times easy

Venting and ranting, like the OP, is one thing. That's fine.

Being an absolute troll and posting sh!t about how the team is moving to Quebec is fvcking stupid.