Larsson and the No. 9 for Letang???????

njbuff

I dont think there's anything untouchable on this team. There are deals that I would accept for every single player that is on this roster as it stands, with the hardest to get being Kovalchuk, Larsson, and the #9, separately.

I do Larsson and the #9 for one of the top 3 picks in this draft + a prospect of theirs or another pick (i.e. Tampa's #3 & Koekkek or Gudas or a 2014 1st). Out of the rumored available names, Seguin is the only one I even consider for this package. I don't do it for a forward playing "defense" that wants a 7 yr/7M+ commitment that has been playing with 2 of the best forwards on the planet for the last however many years. I do it for a 21-year-old bonafide first line center with lots of playoff experience. With Tampa's pick, I'd take BPA, whether its Jones, Drouin, or Barkov. 

I dont think there's anything untouchable on this team. There are deals that I would accept for every single player that is on this roster as it stands, with the hardest to get being Kovalchuk, Larsson, and the #9, separately.

I do Larsson and the #9 for one of the top 3 picks in this draft + a prospect of theirs or another pick (i.e. Tampa's #3 & Koekkek or Gudas or a 2014 1st). Out of the rumored available names, Seguin is the only one I even consider for this package. I don't do it for a forward playing "defense" that wants a 7 yr/7M+ commitment that has been playing with 2 of the best forwards on the planet for the last however many years. I do it for a 21-year-old bonafide first line center with lots of playoff experience. With Tampa's pick, I'd take BPA, whether its Jones, Drouin, or Barkov.

I would love to do Larsson + 9th for Bishop + 3rd but they just got Bishop and I doubt they'd trade him right now.

I agree though, I don't think anyone on this current squad should be considered truly untouchable.

I would love to do Larsson + 9th for Bishop + 3rd but they just got Bishop and I doubt they'd trade him right now.

I agree though, I don't think anyone on this current squad should be considered truly untouchable.

said the same thing about Trent Hunter but then.... </3

lol

Wow that's an awful trade for NJ. Drouin/Barkov are probably better than whoever's going 9th but you don't trade a 20 year old former top 5 pick for a cruddy goalie just to move up in the draft a few spots

Wow that's an awful trade for NJ. Drouin/Barkov are probably better than whoever's going 9th but you don't trade a 20 year old former top 5 pick for a cruddy goalie just to move up in the draft a few spots

Devils aren't getting enough back in his scenario, but Bishop is going to be/already is good. He'd immediately be Marty's heir and good for 20+ starts. Our goaltending wouldnt be so scary right now. I'd want St. Louis' 1st next year as well if not another player. Not getting the 9th and Larsson for a goaltender and a 3rd unless we get a first rounder too.

CRAZY! I am so glad we can rely on our management to not make deals like this

and that sounded sarcastic but i didn't mean for that

It is crazy, the pens still have to re-sign a pretty big amount of key players (Dupuis, Kennedy, Cooke etc.), I don't know how they'll pull it off.