• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

#41 msweet

msweet

The Voice of Reason

• Admin
  • 8,801 posts

Posted 09 December 2010 - 07:02 PM

I know people over there....if you want me to submit it in your name for you, let me know
Follow me on Twitter @MSweetwood

"Quite frankly, all the players are getting paid too much and all the contracts are too long," general manager Lou Lamoriello said. "But if you want to compete in this market and you want to win, there are some things you have to do."

#42 CAdevsfan

CAdevsfan

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 913 posts

Posted 09 December 2010 - 11:59 PM

What a great job--very nicely done!

I agree, you should send it to the Devils--you will probably make Lou's holidays a little brighter.

#43 vadvlfan

vadvlfan

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,587 posts

Posted 10 December 2010 - 08:50 AM

Put a smile on my face for sure. Loved it! Pass it around the locer room.

"Never make someone a priority when all you are to them is an option" - M.A.

#44 ZeroGravityFat

ZeroGravityFat

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,776 posts

Posted 10 December 2010 - 09:10 AM

try to get this to the devils and see if we can get it on the jumbotron.

martyb.jpg
Proud Winner of the 2012 Sergei Brylin Award and 2011 Andy Greene Award, Official keeper of Doc and Chico's random ramblings during play in blowout games

#45 SS#4-Life

SS#4-Life

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 314 posts

Posted 10 December 2010 - 12:46 PM

great work bro. :clap2:

#46 Martyisth3b3st

Martyisth3b3st

Darth Brodeur

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,942 posts

Posted 10 December 2010 - 01:05 PM

I remember reading some of your other stuff, Bulletproof (like how your name came to be, etc).... that was just unbelievable. You've got some talent, dude.

2008, 2010, 2011 Pat Burns winner for 'Most emotional poster'
2011 UDX Signature award winner

Posted Image

#47 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,801 posts

Posted 10 December 2010 - 02:17 PM

Wow. That....was amazing

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#48 Meals on Wheels

Meals on Wheels

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 115 posts

Posted 10 December 2010 - 03:53 PM

This was just so well done Bulletproof! Thank you so much for writing that and posting it. I feel uplifted and ready to cheer my team on after reading that and you know what? It's refreshing! All I'm hearing lately are fans complaining (deservedly so) and the quotes from the players/Mac/Lou will just suck the life out of you but this poem...now that's something to be inspired about! I've shared it with my roommates and my girlfriend and they all love it too! Thanks again :cheers:
Posted Image

Posted Image

#49 Revan

Revan

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,520 posts

Posted 11 December 2010 - 04:20 AM

Haha, really nice BP. :) Don't see too much Devils poetry around.

Some of the other teams (esp. in Canada) have playoff songs created by their fans. If you have some musically-talented friends, maybe you could write some lyrics for a playoff song (you know, the next time we make the playoffs :unsure: ) and convince them to record it. :) Some songs like these become really popular on the web (remember the famous We Love The Hawks from last year?).

#50 jagknife

jagknife

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,424 posts

Posted 11 December 2010 - 08:34 AM

Haha, really nice BP. :) Don't see too much Devils poetry around.

Some of the other teams (esp. in Canada) have playoff songs created by their fans. If you have some musically-talented friends, maybe you could write some lyrics for a playoff song (you know, the next time we make the playoffs :unsure: ) and convince them to record it. :) Some songs like these become really popular on the web (remember the famous We Love The Hawks from last year?).

Buffalo holds a contest every year around march where the fans submit songs about the players, typically parody's. one of my favorites was "Living on Briere."

WGR will also, from time to time, make up their own about the Bills or Sabres. Its amazing what can happen when you have a region that actually gives 2 sh!ts about the sport and teams, and isnt too pompous to show it.

NewKeeperSig.png of each of Toronto's 6 shots on goal in Game 6

#51 jagknife

jagknife

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,424 posts

Posted 13 December 2010 - 09:58 PM

bulletproof,

the puckdaddy blog is looking for christmas submissions related to hockey, you should submit this.

http://sports.yahoo....?urn=nhl-292738

good luck

#52 Bulletproof

Bulletproof

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,734 posts

Posted 14 December 2010 - 12:55 AM

bulletproof,

the puckdaddy blog is looking for christmas submissions related to hockey, you should submit this.

http://sports.yahoo....?urn=nhl-292738

good luck

Submitted! While the actual contest is calling for cards and songs, maybe someone over there will enjoy it enough to post it. That would be amazing!

Also, thanks to everybody for the kind words about the piece. I didn't quite know where it was going when I started it, but as the story took shape, I could tell that it needed to be rooted in something positive. A poorly performing team breads negativity within the organization and out, so I thought something uplifting would help balance out the emotions. Again, thanks to everybody for the kudos and Happy Holidays!
Posted Image

DevsCast: The latest and greatest Devils podcast on the Internet or my handle 'aint Bulletproof! Click Here to subscribe via iTunes or Click Here to download mp3 versions of the show. Perfect for wasting time at work!

#53 peteyvegas

peteyvegas

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,541 posts

Posted 14 December 2010 - 09:42 AM

Start writing the screen play. :rolleyes: It'll have a "Revenge of the Nerds" type ending.

#54 devildave632

devildave632

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 14 December 2010 - 10:18 PM

Amazing!! now who let these cats in my room? Lolz~!

#55 30NJD

30NJD

Draft Pick

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 December 2010 - 01:14 PM

Nice post Bill.... and are you the keeper of the "beat the traffic chant" for me?

You figure out who this is yet?

:)

#56 jagknife

jagknife

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,424 posts

Posted 25 December 2010 - 12:22 PM

by no means am i trying to steal any thunder here, but i tossed together a "santa's list" for the devils. i started off with good intentions but got mad lazy with Christmas and all:

My link

you might not agree with it, but i had fun writing it

BP, I'm gonna post this poem in my blog and give you full-credit of course, if you want me to include your real name shoot me a PM

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users