• Dec 12
    • Jan 13
    • Feb 13
    • Mar 13
    • Apr 13
    • Oct 13
    • Never

https://twitter.com/...410734344421376

So how can Visnovsky stay in Slovakia when he's still under contract with the Islanders?

http://capgeek.com/player/26

Sucks for the Isles. I thought the IIHF would require him to return to the Isles or, if he continued playing in Slovakia, they could ban that country from future international tournaments (like the World Championships, World Jrs., and Olympics) for failing to abide by the agreement entered into between the leagues.

Sucks for the Isles. I thought the IIHF would require him to return to the Isles or, if he continued playing in Slovakia, they could ban that country from future international tournaments (like the World Championships, World Jrs., and Olympics) for failing to abide by the agreement entered into between the leagues.

That's exactly what I'm curious about. I thought most leagues had an NHL agreement that the NHL contract supersedes all others. Also, Ovi is back already. Kovy hasn't left from what I've read and may play for SKA tomorrow.

Edited by Coorslight

TG has a point about that too. How come we were able to go to practices and training camp at SMA before 2007 and now since they moved to Newark it has become like Area 51? I hear all the time of Flyers fans seeing their team practice in Voorhees all the time.

Just throwing an idea out there, but I think it would be generous if the Devils opened up part of camp to the public. I'm not asking for the whole thing but I think they could show some respect to the fans without it jeopardizing the team in any way.

As for TG, I think he's a great reporter and I don't see anything wrong with what he tweeted. This lockout had to have been hard on him. Unfortunately, he is screwed with the fans no matter what he does. If he gives an opinion and represents part of the fanbase, then the other part of the fanbase hates him, and vice versa. Poor dude can't win.

Just throwing an idea out there, but I think it would be generous if the Devils opened up part of camp to the public. I'm not asking for the whole thing but I think they could show some respect to the fans without it jeopardizing the team in any way.

As for TG, I think he's a great reporter and I don't see anything wrong with what he tweeted. This lockout had to have been hard on him. Unfortunately, he is screwed with the fans no matter what he does. If he gives an opinion and represents part of the fanbase, then the other part of the fanbase hates him, and vice versa. Poor dude can't win.

You know the devils won't do that.

Im listening to mathieu darche on RDS hes talking in details how the negociations went and that last night and everything its pretty interesting to really get the inside stories like that

He slipped and mentionned that the trade deadline shoudld be april 5th then realized he was not supposed to say that lol so we'll see

this was retweeted by Bob McKenzie...

Kovalchuk will play today in Kazan. Some sources close to SKA say he could stay in Russia #Devils

this is starting to freak me out that we still havent heard at all from Kovy and all those rumours and how he said he'd stay in russia a few months ago

this would be a catastrophe if he does

Bob McKenzie

I've heard Kovalchuk rumors (staying in RUS?) but not able to confirm. NJD told me they "haven't heard (Kovy) isn't coming back."

So gist of all that is Kovalchuk stuff is just rumors right now. May very well turn up in NJ but many hearing he might not.

Edited by SterioDesign

Grossman said he'd be back, and it would be a gigantic scandal if he wasn't. He has a valid NHL contract that runs for 12 more years, and I've never heard of this guy who's being re-tweeted. I don't like the fact he's still playing for SKA though.

Well someone needs to tell Kovy he wouldn't be allowed to play in Sochi if he skunks out on the Devils, that'll get him back fast.

I mean I don't get how they can make him walk away from $80 million from a financial sense, but it does worry me that after he didn't want to go back to Russia two years ago he's more hesitant to leave after being treated like a god for half a season.

Well someone needs to tell Kovy he wouldn't be allowed to play in Sochi if he skunks out on the Devils, that'll get him back fast.

I mean I don't get how they can make him walk away from $80 million from a financial sense, but it does worry me that after he didn't want to go back to Russia two years ago he's more hesitant to leave after being treated like a god for half a season.

Who in the world said he is hesitant? Notice even the guy who got RT'd said 'sources close to SKA' - who love the idea of someone picking the KHL over the NHL. And TSN's going to run with it because they have no real stories until camp opens.

this was retweeted by Bob McKenzie...

Kovalchuk will play today in Kazan. Some sources close to SKA say he could stay in Russia #Devils

this is starting to freak me out that we still havent heard at all from Kovy and all those rumours and how he said he'd stay in russia a few months ago

this would be a catastrophe if he does

Bob McKenzie

I've heard Kovalchuk rumors (staying in RUS?) but not able to confirm. NJD told me they "haven't heard (Kovy) isn't coming back."

So gist of all that is Kovalchuk stuff is just rumors right now. May very well turn up in NJ but many hearing he might not.

This would be like crossing the streams. It would be bad.

He'd be walking away from $80 million, a house in Florida and house in Alpine, not to mention not being able to return to the US since he'd no longer have a work visa.

I can feel for him, he has played quite a few games for them and I'm sure they are showing him with love so it's never truly "fun" to leave a great situation like that.

All that being said, he is coming off a Stanley Cup appearance so I hope he gets his but back here so we can be ready for a short season.

I think he is worried about how much of the cash from his NHL contract he will loose. He could visit FLA in the summer as a vacationer yes?

Also a new KHL contract could be just as big or bigger cause it could be tax free, just like Jagr's was. He would be THE biggest hockey star in Europe.

His wife was/is? a pop star there. It's home.

I think this may happen, and it will ruin this Devils season and probably many more if it does.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.