Boxing @ the AmeriHealth Pavilion

oat77

For any Boxing fans. They are putting on fights in the AmeriHealth Pavilion and I think it might be more than a one time thing. Seems pricey to me, but I think every seat would be great.

The fight promoted by Main Events and Super Judah Promotions will take place on March 5th at Prudential Center's AmeriHealth Pavilion, Newark, NJ. Doors open at 7:30pm; first fight 8:00pm. Tickets priced at $253 Ringside, $103 Reserved seating on floor, $88 General Admission in Bleachers and $53 GA Standing Room on floor. Tickets on sale 2/5, available at Prudential Center Box Office, by calling TicketMaster at 800-745-3000 or www.Prucenter.com

Boxing at AmeriHealth Pavilion

If this is really being held where the practice rink is, I wonder if this puts us a step closer to being able to attend practice/training camp again

LOL

Not at all...

No correlation there whatsoever. Judah is a bum, so they can't afford to put the fight in the main arena, hence the closet sized practice rink area.....

LOL

Not at all...

No correlation there whatsoever. Judah is a bum, so they can't afford to put the fight in the main arena, hence the closet sized practice rink area.....

Perhaps I'm missing some boxing-related sarcasm(which wouldn't be a surprise, as I don't follow boxing), so my apologies if I have.

But if not, how is there no correlation? One of the, if not the, main reasons why they closed practices after the move to the Rock was because of crowd control issues at the practice rink. I would imagine that they'd have some quality crowd control strategies in place, if they're going to hold a boxing match there.

Edited by ClarkyDano23

Perhaps I'm missing some boxing-related sarcasm(which wouldn't be a surprise, as I don't follow boxing), so my apologies if I have.

But if not, how is there no correlation? One of the, if not the, main reasons why they closed practices after the move to the Rock was because of crowd control issues at the practice rink. I would imagine that they'd have some quality crowd control strategies in place, if they're going to hold a boxing match there.

It is quite simple. During practices at The Rock, there is no security etc working in the practice rink. During the boxing match, there will be plenty of security and arena personnel....

It's not like the practice rink is "off limits" to the public all the time. There are plenty of other hockey games held there when there is security working. The real issue I'm sure is that the team does not want to have to "unnecessarily" pay security so fans can attend practice

I usually don't walk by that way after games but the couple times I did this season there were other things going on at the rink, NJIT games and Rockets practices, so I guess they don't usually have that ice time available anymore.

My guess would be that they make way more $$$ off of the leagues playing games there than they would from the relatively small amount of people that would pay to skate

It is quite simple. During practices at The Rock, there is no security etc working in the practice rink. During the boxing match, there will be plenty of security and arena personnel....

It's not like the practice rink is "off limits" to the public all the time. There are plenty of other hockey games held there when there is security working. The real issue I'm sure is that the team does not want to have to "unnecessarily" pay security so fans can attend practice

I see, I was unaware of other hockey games/events being played there besides the Devils.

“There is a low ticket price ($53) that was designated as standing room. People should not be afraid of that ticket. We have set up bars at both ends of the rink, so those tickets are actually opportunities for people to mingle. There’ll be bar tables and it’ll be a social place to be. It adds to the intimate atmosphere of the venue.”

Sounds like an interesting setup. If this catches on, I wonder if they'll use the arena restaurant -- which overlooks the practice rink -- as a sort of luxury suite or something.

I read a couple links on the series and this is really about building a micro boxing following and it's a win win for both parties. Devils get to make greater use of their facilities and add dates and the boxing promotors have a top notch venue to slot their fights in.

It's a shame to see how far Zab Judah has fallen. Less than 4 yrs ago he was fighting Floyd Mayweather Jr in Vegas for the belt....now he is fighting Joe Shmoes at the Devils' practice rink.... :doh1: