Party With the New York Rangers!

'7'

Beaten Rangers live it up

Losing in the playoffs didn’t stop the New York Rangers from celebrating hard over the weekend. On Friday night, after being eliminated by the New Jersey Devils, Henrik Lundqvist, Brandon Dubinsky, Stu Bickel and Mats Zuccarello were spotted partying at 1Oak until late. The following night, Lundqvist and his group joined the rest of their teammates for dinner at Meatpacking District eatery Catch. The crew, which also included Brian Boyle, Brad Richards, Brandon Prust, Michael Del Zotto, Steve Eminger, Ryan McDonagh and Jeff Woywitka, “toasted with beers in hand” and gave each other shout-outs.

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/pagesix/beaten_rangers_live_it_up_ViPwn7OmX337FwAlu3Cw8M#ixzz1wNLnkTWe

The crew, which also included Brian Boyle, Brad Richards, Brandon Prust, Michael Del Zotto, Steve Eminger, Ryan McDonagh and Jeff Woywitka, “toasted with beers in hand”...

I was there and overheard the toast. It was:

"HAIL THE VICTORIOUS DEVILS! THE NEW YORK RANGERS WISH YOU WELL IN YOUR SERIES AGAINST THE KINGS!"

I was taken aback by it, admittedly.

Good sports, those guys.

wow, if that's actually the way it went down, they are either not the sore losers I take them to be or they were just drunk off their asses. Their fans could learn a lot from their team off the ice, like not acting so butthurt we beat them in a high profile matchup!

• Like 1

I was there and overheard the toast. It was:

"HAIL THE VICTORIOUS DEVILS! THE NEW YORK RANGERS WISH YOU WELL IN YOUR SERIES AGAINST THE KINGS!"

I was taken aback by it, admittedly.

Good sports, those guys.

Need audio!

Sent from my SCH-I800 using Tapatalk 2

Honestly I'd expect nothing else from any hockey team that's united. Whether you're playing in a 2:30 a.m. men's league or in the NHL there's always a toast over a few brews once your season ends clutching a trophy or not.

Good for the Rangers. See you next year (when hopefully the Devils kick their rear ends again)!

:cheers:

Edited by mdsieve

Not a big deal, imo. Whether they go out or stay home and sulk doesn't change the outcome of the series. For a long time, I have thought the fans take the losses harder than the players. Bottom line for the players, it is a job. Lundqvist has been a Ranger for 7 seasons, I have been a season ticket holder for 14 and a fan for almost 30 years now. He could get traded tomorrow and he will still keep playing. I am not about to switch my favorite team and if the Rangers folded as a franchise or moved I don't think I would adopt a new favorite team.

Not a big deal, imo. Whether they go out or stay home and sulk doesn't change the outcome of the series. For a long time, I have thought the fans take the losses harder than the players. Bottom line for the players, it is a job. Lundqvist has been a Ranger for 7 seasons, I have been a season ticket holder for 14 and a fan for almost 30 years now. He could get traded tomorrow and he will still keep playing. I am not about to switch my favorite team and if the Rangers folded as a franchise or moved I don't think I would adopt a new favorite team.

I can agree with this. Much like when you are watching something you feel much more nervous than playing in the actual game, knowing that while watching, you cannot impact the outcome in any way, shape or form. Easier for someone who was playing in the game to say 'Well, you got us', than a fan.

Every team changes personnel at the end of the year, and these guys fought a lot of battles together. I'm not surprised they are hanging out, having a few good meals and reliving the good times. I thought it would be very odd if they weren't, actually. I can just imagine the conversations.....

Rug 1: "Remember when I fell flat on the ice to block that shot?"

Rug 2: "Dude, that was awesome! Hey, do you remember that time i slid across the ice to block that guy's shot?"

Rug 3: "I remember that! That was epic bro! You slid like 10 feet!"

Queen: "I probably could have stopped that one you know, but yeah, great slide dude"

Rug 1: "This miller Lite is too strong, I need more ice in mine"

Every team changes personnel at the end of the year, and these guys fought a lot of battles together. I'm not surprised they are hanging out, having a few good meals and reliving the good times. I thought it would be very odd if they weren't, actually. I can just imagine the conversations.....

Rug 1: "Remember when I fell flat on the ice to block that shot?"

Rug 2: "Dude, that was awesome! Hey, do you remember that time i slid across the ice to block that guy's shot?"

Rug 3: "I remember that! That was epic bro! You slid like 10 feet!"

Queen: "I probably could have stopped that one you know, but yeah, great slide dude"

Rug 1: "This miller Lite is too strong, I need more ice in mine"

I just spit out soda on my keyboard....