Relative CORSI - 9.0

Relative QOC - -0.031

Relative QOT - 0.489

PDO - 993

SF ON/60 - 26.4 SA ON/60 - 26.2

SF OFF/60 - 24.7 SA OFF/60 - 29.2

ozone start - 54.6

-.5 Penalty +-

He is a large upgrade when healthy over Foster. He has excellent passing ability along with a shot. I have an odd feeling Lemaire encouraged this move. Playing for Yeo has been hard on him, it seems his coaching plan is to allow a sh!tton of shots and hope to score on a high % of you own.

Edited by Jas0nMacIsaac

Zidlicky waives no-trade clause to go to New Jersey, no deal done yet

Posted by: Michael Russo February 15, 2012 - 6:40 AM Central

No deal has been completed yet, but GM Chuck Fletcher and Devils GM Lou Lamoriello are working on it. No word yet on the Wild may be getting back.

Zidlicky has one more year left on his contract at $4 million.

New Jersey appears to be that team. I have heard NJ has been interested in Zidlicky for some point, but one thing that could hold it back was Kurtis Foster, a right-shot defenseman, playing in that role. But it appears a trade is close.

http://www.startribune.com/sports/blogs/139349703.html

He is a large upgrade when healthy over Foster. He has excellent passing ability along with a shot. I have an odd feeling Lemaire encouraged this move.

That's not odd at all...I don't know about encouraged but I'm sure Lou asked him his opinion of the player while working on the deal and he gave a thumbs up.

signed for next year @ $4MM - that's the most puzzling. devils, you'd think, would be looking to open up a spot or two for competition and graduation next year. salvador's departure only left one opening. if zidlicky is in the fold, next year is already set:

larsson

talinder

volchenkov

greene

fayne

zidlicky

this leaves taormina, urbom and anyone else on the outside looking in.

Well he was hurt last year, missed over half the season so he would have had another 40+ then too. This year, he hasn't been good but it could be the system, or he could just be washed up like Kaberle.

And yeah sundstrom, I do wonder why we're tying ourseleves to Zidlicky for next year when we have a couple of options almost ready. Plus with the way he's played this year I wouldn't have been shocked at a short-term deal for Salvador but now it isn't feasible.

Not exactly a seller's market for PMD's though, the only guy better than Zidlicky realistically on the market is Visnovsky, and I think he's also signed through next year, and he'd probably cost a first-rounder that we can't give up.