Photo

Lockout 2012-2013 (Hockey's back!)

• Please log in to reply
1718 replies to this topic

Poll: Lockout 2012-2013 (Hockey's back!) (130 member(s) have cast votes)

When will we see hockey?

1. Oct 12 (10 votes [7.69%])

Percentage of vote: 7.69%

2. Nov 12 (19 votes [14.62%])

Percentage of vote: 14.62%

3. Dec 12 (26 votes [20.00%])

Percentage of vote: 20.00%

4. Jan 13 (33 votes [25.38%])

Percentage of vote: 25.38%

5. Feb 13 (1 votes [0.77%])

Percentage of vote: 0.77%

6. Mar 13 (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

7. Apr 13 (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

8. Oct 13 (14 votes [10.77%])

Percentage of vote: 10.77%

9. Never (27 votes [20.77%])

Percentage of vote: 20.77%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1141 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,217 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 05:03 PM

Re: Parise's contract. I forget, what did the Devils offer him? Maybe this would've negatively affected us too had we re-signed him.

It never came out though rumor was the total years and money were actually very close, but without the ridiculous signing bonuses.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#1142 Devils731

Devils731

A Legend

• Members
  • 17,478 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 05:08 PM

. I think it's valid to speculate that Lou held on to the first rounder for a reason- if that's gonna be the rule, we'd be getting punished twice and Lou may plan to fight it. And yeah, you're right- but what Minnesota did pissed me off to no end. What I should've said is while it would suck to have it affect us because of Kovy, I still have to laugh my ass off at Minnesota because of how much they overpaid and the fact that they ipso facto tampered with Parise throughout the whole process. It would be nice to see a little karma there.

It's not really a punishment to have those type of contracts fairly accounted for, so it's not an extra punishment.

The Devils were punished for trying to break the rules, and that rule breaking contract doesn't exist, so the current contract has never been punished for anything.
Your unconditional rejection of violence makes you smugly think of yourselves as noble, as enlightened, but in reality it is nothing less than abject moral capitulation to evil. Unconditional rejection of self-defense, because you think its a supposed surrender to violence, leaves you no resort but begging for mercy or offering appeasement.

-Terry Goodkind

Sex Panther cologne -- 50 percent of the time, it works every time.

-Anchorman

The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The second best time is now.

-Anonymous

Keeper of Section 212-213's wayward step

#1143 DevilMinder

DevilMinder

Owner / Administrator

• Admin
  • 9,014 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 05:20 PM

@RealKyper
#CBA meeting over. No progress. #NHL remains firm on "take it or leave it" last offer to #NHLPA.

HAHA /Nelson

Looks like Fehr has to answer the piper now.

#1144 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,217 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 05:29 PM

@RealKyper
#CBA meeting over. No progress. #NHL remains firm on "take it or leave it" last offer to #NHLPA.

HAHA /Nelson

Looks like Fehr has to answer the piper now.

Maybe but this is way too personal on both sides (as is usually the case with Bettman and the NHLPA). That's why I still think there's a chance it goes off the cliff entirely.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

#1145 bobilly45

bobilly45

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 554 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 05:32 PM

looks like ill be going from watching a crappy jets team to watching an even worse mets team
maybe they'll play next yr

Edited by bobilly45, 12 December 2012 - 05:32 PM.

#1146 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • 12,220 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 05:45 PM

https://twitter.com/...993359631167489

"Daly: two sides were never in the same room. No plan for more talks"

https://twitter.com/...993273119469568

"#NHL Bill Daly says #NHLPA is going to talk to mediator again tonight and details will be forwarded to NHL. No progress made, no conclusion."

RIP Pat Burns -- RIP Alexander Vasyunov and Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
Winner of the 2008 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster
Co-Winner of the 2011 Scott Bertoli Award for Best Minor League Poster, Winner of the 2012 Scott Bertoli Award

#1147 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,102 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 05:46 PM

Maybe but this is way too personal on both sides (as is usually the case with Bettman and the NHLPA). That's why I still think there's a chance it goes off the cliff entirely.

. The time has come for the rank and file to raise hell and put the last proposal to a vote. Enough. These guys have to make their voices heard, or Fehr and the negotiating committee are taking this off the cliff for the players. I invite you guys to read Matthew Barnaby's Twitter for a perspective on what happened 8 years ago and how he wish more guys spoke up. I hope some of the current players heed Barnaby's advice. It's the only way now, it seems.

iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#1148 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,217 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 05:56 PM

. The time has come for the rank and file to raise hell and put the last proposal to a vote. Enough. These guys have to make their voices heard, or Fehr and the negotiating committee are taking this off the cliff for the players. I invite you guys to read Matthew Barnaby's Twitter for a perspective on what happened 8 years ago and how he wish more guys spoke up. I hope some of the current players heed Barnaby's advice. It's the only way now, it seems.

Problem is if they go around Fehr, the union as it were becomes even more of a laughingstock having gone around their leader in two straight CBA's to do a deal, while dumping three union heads in between deals and no respected union boss will ever work with them again. Part of the reason they're blindly following Fehr is because they literally don't have much of a choice.

The players made their own bed though when they let Lindros and company dump Paul Kelly, and then hired Fehr presumably giving him ironclad promises that they wouldn't go around his back anyway.

#1149 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,102 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 06:03 PM

Problem is if they go around Fehr, the union as it were becomes even more of a laughingstock having gone around their leader in two straight CBA's to do a deal, while dumping three union heads in between deals and no respected union boss will ever work with them again. Part of the reason they're blindly following Fehr is because they literally don't have much of a choice.

The players made their own bed though when they let Lindros and company dump Paul Kelly, and then hired Fehr presumably giving him ironclad promises that they wouldn't go around his back anyway.

. Fehr always says 'It's their union, they're the players, they're the boss'. Well if the majority decide enough is enough, then Fehr should allow a vote then, even if he doesn't advise it. Because in the end, it's the PLAYERS' UNION, right? Unless the NHLPA gave Fehr total control and authority over the entire union, the will of the majority of the membership is what should speak the loudest.

iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#1150 capo

capo

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 834 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 06:05 PM

If the players sign off on this owner's deal they have nothing left to bargain for next time around. They're better off starting their own league...

#1151 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,586 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 06:20 PM

If the players sign off on this owner's deal they have nothing left to bargain for next time around. They're better off starting their own league...

Hear some people saying this, it's a shame the owners control all the major arenas, otherwise it'd be a viable idea.

The rank and file are always in favor of a deal. Always. If it were up to them, NHL players would be getting 43% of revenue. And then during the next lockout, they'd be cut down to 36%. And so on and so on.

I agree more people should have spoken up last time, but that is because Goodenow's union was run like a cabal with only veteran players at the top, and information simply did not flow from there to the union.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#1152 DevilMinder

DevilMinder

Owner / Administrator

• Admin
  • 9,014 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 06:31 PM

@TGfireandice
Bill Daly said sides were never in same room during 6 1/2 hours of meetings today with mediator Scot Beckenbaugh

#1153 devilsfan26

devilsfan26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,784 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 07:31 PM

Wow the place they were meeting is on Route 1 in Iselin. I grew up like right there haha. According to where google maps says it is, the building is right across from Woodbridge Center Mall, close to the strip mall with Best Buy and Toys R Us.

I heard that in mediation, the sides normally are in separate rooms, so I wouldn't read too much into that.
"Swim against the tide, don't follow the group, stay away from the majority, seek out the fresh and new, stay away from the poseurs, and don't be a barnacle. Be original, be different, be passionate, be selfless and be free. Be a hockey fan."
--John Buccigross

#1154 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,217 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 07:32 PM

James Mirtle ‏@mirtle
In conclusion: No one can agree on what's on the table - and even if it was on the table, the other side knows it doesn't want it. What fun.

Fitting description of this whole sick process.

#1155 PWW

PWW

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 886 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 07:55 PM

Wow the place they were meeting is on Route 1 in Iselin. I grew up like right there haha. According to where google maps says it is, the building is right across from Woodbridge Center Mall, close to the strip mall with Best Buy and Toys R Us.

I heard that in mediation, the sides normally are in separate rooms, so I wouldn't read too much into that.

I was at that Best Buy today. Had I known the negotiations were pretty much next door I might have waited for Gary in the parking lot and run him over haha. On second thought, it's for the best that I was unaware.

believe-devs.jpg

#1156 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,867 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 10:43 PM

I really thought they'd get something done today.

I'm not disappointed at all really, it's just the logistics of it all. A deal really needs to be made before/on Christmas or else it's all kinda pointless.

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#1157 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,761 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 07:54 AM

you cant read too much into yesterday both sides were with the mediators and made their point. Both sides we're never in real contact or anything so nothing could have been done anyway

www.SterioDesign.com

#1158 Marshall

Marshall

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,336 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 08:46 AM

I'm just saying...Guy Serota would've had this done faster than he can insult Sara Silverman.

Winner of the 2009-10 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster
Winner of the 2011-2012 RD Avatar Award
believe2.jpg

www.numerartovertag.wordpress.com - An NHL Blog (in Swedish)

#1159 Jas0nMacIsaac

Jas0nMacIsaac

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,366 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 11:37 AM

I am starting to lose hope in a season. I wouldn't be able to watch hockey until March anyway so this season isn't that much of a loss to me.
A true leader is one who knows when to step aside for others to lead.

#1160 Cachorro Louco

Cachorro Louco

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 662 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 01:00 PM

I tried to do something cool like this:

Posted Image

I managed only to do this unstead hahah

Spoiler

Yeah i'm starting to think this season is over...

Posted Image

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose."

Ayrton Senna da Siva

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users