Insulting fans' intelligence

Derek21

Agreed on pretty much every point Hasan made.  A very well written article - and I can only hope and pray it somehow makes its way to the Devils' brass.

I'm especially disappointed in the broadcast team this year.  I get Dano's new and that there are going to be growing pains - but my God, he's terrible.  I've been watching away feeds for the past few weeks, just to avoid his rambling and yelling into the mic.  Johnny Mac is, yaknow, terrible.  Deb is an eyesore - mostly because she talks strictly out of one side of her mouth.  It's just.. everything about the Devils just irks me now.  Which sucks.

This whole organization is really going downhill. For all Lou and the old regime has done...is done. Time to bring in a new GM who isn't afraid to tear it down. The one thing I admire about other teams like Toronto or Buffalo's management is that they call it what is it. Case in point, Toronto begins to clean house and get something back for what they have. If you look around the league at the 'state of the franchise', New Jersey is easily bottom 3 and up there for worst.

For next year my ideal outline of the roster is:

Cammalleri - Zajac - XXX

XXX - Henrique- Boucher

Elias - Josefson - Havlat

Ruutu - Gomez - Matteau

Bernier

Greene - Severson

Larsson - Merrill

Gelinas - UFA

Schneider

Kinkaid

And that is brutal. There are glaring top 6 winger holes and no top line center. But it what it is and until the 2015 1st (hopefully a center) and other draft picks fill in over time it is what is it. Hopefully a hockey trade can be made to flip a defensive asset (the one bright spot in the whole organzation) for a blue chip forward prospect.

Edited by Mayday
  • Like 1

I'm sick of Lamoriello. Yes there haven't been that many options to toss cash at to immediately help the team, but the fact he's either A) blind to the fact we need to improve or B) too stubborn to do something, angers the living hell out of me. He's methods and ideologies are tired and old. The game has past him by.

This whole organization is really going downhill. For all Lou and the old regime has done...is done. Time to bring in a new GM who isn't afraid to tear it down. The one thing I admire about other teams like Toronto or Buffalo's management is that they call it what is it. Case in point, Toronto begins to clean house and get something back for what they have. If you look around the league at the 'state of the franchise', New Jersey is easily bottom 3 and up there for worst.

Cammalleri - Zajac - XXX

XXX - Henrique- Boucher

Ruutu - Gomez - Matteau

Bernier

Greene - Severson

Larsson - Merrill

Gelinas - UFA

Schneider

Kinkaid

And that is brutal. There are glaring top 6 winger holes and no top line center. But it what it is and until the 2015 1st (hopefully a center) and other draft picks fill in over time it is what is it. Hopefully a hockey trade can be made to flip a defensive asset (the one bright spot in the whole organzation) for a blue chip forward prospect.

gomez isnt fit to be on that fourth checking line you put together

Agreed on pretty much every point Hasan made.  A very well written article - and I can only hope and pray it somehow makes its way to the Devils' brass.

I'm especially disappointed in the broadcast team this year.  I get Dano's new and that there are going to be growing pains - but my God, he's terrible.  I've been watching away feeds for the past few weeks, just to avoid his rambling and yelling into the mic.  Johnny Mac is, yaknow, terrible.  Deb is an eyesore - mostly because she talks strictly out of one side of her mouth.  It's just.. everything about the Devils just irks me now.  Which sucks.

A full purge of the broadcasting team is needed. Every time I watch at home (and can actually stomach the game) it goes on mute.

Agreed on pretty much every point Hasan made. A very well written article - and I can only hope and pray it somehow makes its way to the Devils' brass.

I'm especially disappointed in the broadcast team this year. I get Dano's new and that there are going to be growing pains - but my God, he's terrible. I've been watching away feeds for the past few weeks, just to avoid his rambling and yelling into the mic. Johnny Mac is, yaknow, terrible. Deb is an eyesore - mostly because she talks strictly out of one side of her mouth. It's just.. everything about the Devils just irks me now. Which sucks.

Everything about the devils this year has been intolerable. Daneyko rambles on and on with no point to anything. Cangi has no personality, and even deb looks over this sh!t.

this is exactly what I said in the game thread this morning, "dont insult us". those quotes from lou pissed me off

Me too. We're not stupid. We can see this team is mailing it in.

A full purge of the broadcasting team is needed. Every time I watch at home (and can actually stomach the game) it goes on mute.

This too- and that goes for radio and TV.

I think all of the broadcast teams are good. As good as anyone else's radio or tv . Dano has done a good job. They haven't had much to be cheery about. 

There's a really big difference between Doc/Chico with Matt and the Maven as opposed to Steve/Dano with Deb and Mac.  Comparing the broadcast we used to have to now is honestly like trying to compare the 2000 Devils with the current version.

If anything they've been more homeristic than the broadcast used to be, which is part of the problem.  It makes them look stoogeish considering how bad the season's been.  The Mets have been losing for years but when I can stomach watching their games I love that broadcast team (Gary/Keith/Ron), they have fun with intelligent analysis and still call it like it is.  This broadcast has become what we used to mock in everyone else's broadcasts.  

I've never been a huge fan of the radio team because Matt's basically one step above Jim Hughson-type boring and they're too nuts and bolts at times, but I actually appreciate them more this year when compared to the TV crew :P

Edited by NJDevs4978

I ended up getting Red Bulls season tix over Devils, something I never would have seen happening when I didn't have enough cash for STH and assumed I'd get them some day. There were various reasons I went that route, but a big one was how cool Red Bulls were about reselling tickets, which matters to me since I can't make every game. I know as well as anyone that RBNY have a ton of issues, and I may not end up renewing, but they got that one right, so I was willing to take the plunge, something I currently won't do with the Devils. I get wanting to control the value of tickets, but the product on the ice affects that as much as heavy handed tactics, so being heavy handed while the product is sh!t is just insulting.

Meh, the broadcast team is a broadcast team. They're fine. They need to try and keep it interesting. somehow with this crap. 

The Devils need to clean house, I'm 95% there. I have a fear that whatever happens on Deadline day that'll push me too 100%.

If Lou doesn't get anything significant back at the deadline that'll pretty much cinch it for me too.  I don't want to hear excuses, they HAVE to get some real chips for the UFA posse.

I am a 15 year season ticket holder and this will be the 3rd increase - mine went up 20% or $1000+ and they raised the parking too.

I am seriously considering ending my run - and it has little to do with the minor league team now playing in Newark.

Dano has grown on me but i hate cangi, deb, johnny mac, and stan

Yea I agree with this down the line, espc Stan. I don't even watch his segments anymore. He speaks complete nonsense all the time. Weeks ago he said something about a player getting traded like it may happen, like it was news, and then ended by saying "or he may not be moved". It was ridiculous. I genuinely have respect for him and he really is a nice guy, but gtfo my TV. That bit I mentioned was the last straw. Deb sucks but she doesnt bring information to the table, shes more of a presenter than anything tangible so I can take or leave her. MacLean is a goofy idiot and not fit to be an analyst. If anyone watches WWE, Cangelosi is the Michael Cole of hockey announcers. Totally grating and absolutely putrid. Dano is still learning the ropes, but I don't dislike him entirely. His filled Chico's role as the ultimate homer, but I genuinely like the guy so I can get past some of his baloney more than the others.

The whole playoff updating thing would drive me nuts. MSG used to do it with the Rangers when they had no chance during the Dark Ages. I can't stand it. Their broadcast has also gotten loathsome. Rosen and Micheletti suck together. No chemistry. And too homeristic. I also wouldn't have raised tickets. I have read about the perks which sound nice for STH. But the price shouldn't increase. 

I used to hate Rosen and Michaletti for being homers and was grateful to Doc and Chico (mostly Doc) for being realistic. I also loved their willingness to spend time talking about players from other teams we didn't get to see as often. I sometimes learned whom to watch from the broadcast. Now we're as bad as or worse than the Rags team.

Cammalleri - Zajac - XXX

XXX - Henrique- Boucher

Ruutu - Gomez - Matteau

Bernier

Greene - Severson

Larsson - Merrill

Gelinas - UFA

Schneider

Kinkaid

Henrique is not a center. He already gets killed in possession as a LW, it's even worse if he's a center. He can't even center the 3rd line, much less the 2nd. Gomez is a much better option for that spot. I'd rather Elias go back to playing center than have Henrique there.

Havlat needs to go. We can surely find a better RW in FA. Bernier should be re-signed over Havlat. He's miles better and is the perfect bottom 6 RW imo.

I agree that finding a center should be the priority in the draft. I'm really hoping we can draft Strome.

Edited by ATLL765

I'm sick of Lamoriello. Yes there haven't been that many options to toss cash at to immediately help the team, but the fact he's either A) blind to the fact we need to improve or B) too stubborn to do something, angers the living hell out of me. He's methods and ideologies are tired and old. The game has past him by.

Im glad to finally see fans turning the corner and seeing Lou for what he is now. fans making excuses for all his sh!t moves is ridiculous.

Alot of people want Lou to move on. We just don't crucify him on every move and dredge up Parise every thread.

when was the last time i brought up Parise? 90% of the time it's always you guys bringing it up Zach after something i post. Honestly.

Edited by SterioDesign