NCAA Mens Ice Hockey Championship

MantaRay

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly, this isn't even a valiant effort by the Gophers at this point. They've been dominated from the start, and every chance they've had to come back, they do something dumb to negate it. Sloppy play on the man advantage, dumb penalties...can't even keep the puck in the damn zone. This is just sad. I knew it would be difficult for the Gophers to win this game, but I didn't think it would be this much of a washout. Oh well.

How was stuart?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

He was okay from what I saw. He didn't have too many rushes up ice though. But he had one great move up ice shorthanded and almost scored.

RD has it right about the Gophers' effort last night. Their passes were awful and never seemed to get into a rhythm until it was too late. They just looked out of synch. Part of that had to do with the UND attention to detail. They really made them work. Denver did the same thing to CC. So, I think the championship should be interesting.

Zajac is good with solid potential. He and Stafford have tremendous chemistry. Imagine if they were both drafted by the same NHL team.

Parise (Pari-s-ee) made some great saves. He's definitely one to watch. But then again, so did the Denver freshman netminder they started. He made 41 stops and some of them were amazing.

At least the Gophers played hard at the end and made it somewhat interesting.

Thanks derek. I pretty much heard the same stuff about him on HF, about him being defensively solid, but isn't generating offensively. This "untapped offensive potential" is becoming more and more less possible to me, but at the least he'll be a normstrom type, not playing style, but impact.