NFL Week 3

CRASHER

http://www.nfl.com/news/story;jsessionid=F...mp;confirm=true

gee, the Cowboys and Giants ranked 1 and 2 in the NFL power rankings after week 3, 2 best teams in the NFL... Dont agree with Philly ranked 3 but hey thats it....

1. Dallas Cowboys 3-0 1 Explosive offense, strong defense, solid special teams, abundant talent. Everything you could want from the league's best team.

2. New York Giants 3-0 2 Should have been easier vs. the Bengals, but the Giants were able to rely on their championship poise when it counted most.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It appears that the Giants will miss their top WR for the Seattle game as Burress is suspended for for going AWOL or MIA on the team.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3606150

it is no big deal and every company and team does the same thing...... What would happen if someone doesnt show up for work without calling? you get suspended.... its part of the business called sports.. No big deal. Giants have a bye week anyway

At least the Giants don't have the BIGGEST a$$holE in the NFL on their team, Terrell "douchebag" owens.

WAAAAAHHHHH!!!!

it is no big deal and every company and team does the same thing...... What would happen if someone doesnt show up for work without calling? you get suspended.... its part of the business called sports.. No big deal. Giants have a bye week anyway

Not that I am comparing the two, but it's what people thought when Chris Benoit disappeared for a weekend... and I think we all remember how THAT turned out... it's kinda scary when people just up and disappear for what seems to be no reason, and there should be a bit of concern, wrestler, hockey player, football player... whatever....

just hopefully it's not something that leads to something else worse down the road as these weird episodes can lead to (and Plaxico is a kinda weird guy anyway)

it is no big deal and every company and team does the same thing..

What would you say if TO went AWOL???? I can't even imagine.

No big deal going AWOL after getting the $ he finally wanted and after all the bitching HE has done over the years???

Oh, that IS a big deal, if it was not, why would they suspend him?

What would you say if TO went AWOL???? I can't even imagine.

No big deal going AWOL after getting the $ he finally wanted and after all the bitching HE has done over the years???

Oh, that IS a big deal, if it was not, why would they suspend him?

Actually its a good thing the team suspended him. Some teams don't have the balls to suspend their star players. if you ask me T.O. would've been suspended a few times for the stuff he has pulled, said and done on the cowboys. T.O. always a whiner and always will be... He cried after losing in the playoffs, which is sooo unprofessional! Suck it up, you got beat fair and square.

.... Burress violated team rules and now he pays for it. Simple. Thats the way it goes. its no big deal because that is what supposed to happen when player violates team rules... its no big deal in the sense the giants will step up AS A TEAM and play fine against seattle. the giants dont rely on star players to do well... they rely on TEAM EFFORT.

If T.O. went AWOL it would be the best thing for the NFL... He is a whiner, sore loser, and a big mouth without a ring!!!!

and bad mid-round picks... ANYONE who knows anything about fantasy football, the starting picks are NICE but champions are made in the late rounds and waiver wires!!

I had one draft with Brady, Burelson and Braylon Edwards.... that team is 2-1, thanks to smart mid-round quality selections B )

Thats ALL BS.

FF Champions are predominantly made in the first few rounds. Winners have typically have won when they have drafted LT, Brady, Alexander and Johnson/Holmes the past few years.

Aside from that my middle rounds were better than most (e.g Rivers was highly criticized when I picked him, but is the #1 ranked QB in the league) the only potential mistake I made in the draft was my gamble on the Jets in utilizing their most explosive back properly- Leon Washington (which is why they should be 0-3).

It's a long season I expect to be in the final 4.

Thats ALL BS.

FF Champions are predominantly made in the first few rounds. Winners have typically have won when they have drafted LT, Brady, Alexander and Johnson/Holmes the past few years.

Aside from that my middle rounds were better than most (e.g Rivers was highly criticized when I picked him, but is the #1 ranked QB in the league) the only potential mistake I made in the draft was my gamble on the Jets in utilizing their most explosive back properly- Leon Washington (which is why they should be 0-3).

It's a long season I expect to be in the final 4.

and belief like that is why you are 0-3

ask the guy who got Frank Gore in the 9th round how that works out

or the dude who got Adrian Peterson last year?

... or the guy who waited on his QB to "take a chance" on Tony Romo or Kurt Warner??

any fool can pick a name from the top 25.... WINNERS are made with shrewd late round decisions....

but hey you keep buying that theory B )

Fantastic write-ups as always CRASHER!

I'm calling this right now; The Chiefs WILL go 0-16...that team is SIMPLY BRUTAL...not only do they ahve zero QB...they have a bad clock manger and a 3 yards and a cloud of dust offense!!

I was thinking this about the Lions too, they can't stop Rutgers with their defense :P

but now the albatross of Millen is gone... they might be ok... at least this week

and 0-16 couldn't happen to a bigger dope then Herm!!

and belief like that is why you are 0-3

ask the guy who got Frank Gore in the 9th round how that works out

or the dude who got Adrian Peterson last year?

... or the guy who waited on his QB to "take a chance" on Tony Romo or Kurt Warner??

any fool can pick a name from the top 25.... WINNERS are made with shrewd late round decisions....

but hey you keep buying that theory B )

I was the dude who picked Adrian Peterson last year and he was my first RB in the draft.

So which is it? "shrewed late round decisions" or "taking a chance"?

I was the dude who picked Adrian Peterson last year and he was my first RB in the draft.

So which is it? "shrewed late round decisions" or "taking a chance"?

note how I typed shrewd late round decisions without quotes and "taking a chance" with quotes... just the context of the use of language should answer your question B )

I picked Peterson in my money league.... as my flex guy :P (remember I am in 4 leagues this year)

then again getting Braylon Edwards in round 12 last year worked out well too

you name me the team that wins in fantasy football that doesn't have some late round/waiver wire genius in it, or have you not actually won a league anywhere to be able to compare it too??? :whistling:

note how I typed shrewd late round decisions without quotes and "taking a chance" with quotes... just the context of the use of language should answer your question B )

I picked Peterson in my money league.... as my flex guy :P (remember I am in 4 leagues this year)

then again getting Braylon Edwards in round 12 last year worked out well too

you name me the team that wins in fantasy football that doesn't have some late round/waiver wire genius in it, or have you not actually won a league anywhere to be able to compare it too??? :whistling:

Typically, late round/waiver wire pick-ups have nothing to do with genius, but more so opportunity and timing.

Anyone can pick-up a Michael Turner when LT goes down in years past, it doesn't take genius.

If Charlie Fry isn't suddenly traded after game one last year Edwards would have same value as Donnie Avery does now. Everyone gets lucky sometime.

I call bs on this one...this is the same MantaRay who once said in the fantasy hockey league that the biggest part of winning is mid-round drafting (which I agree with btw)?

Ironically it's in the hockey league where you're competitive but your fantasy football record (at least here) has been lousy every year :P

Rivers was criticized because you had Brady and it was way too early to pick a backup QB when you still had question marks at other positions. How was anyone supposed to know Brady would be done for the season in Week 1? Rivers would have wasted away on your bench if not for luck.

And if you were Kreskin and foresaw his injury then you shouldn't have picked him third to begin with. Plus Rivers' stats are better than anticipated partly because of LT's own injury.

Edited by Hasan4978

I call bs on this one...this is the same MantaRay who once said in the fantasy hockey league that the biggest part of winning is mid-round drafting (which I agree with btw)?

Ironically it's in the hockey league where you're competitive but your fantasy football record (at least here) has been lousy every year :P

Rivers was criticized because you had Brady and it was way too early to pick a backup QB when you still had question marks at other positions. How was anyone supposed to know Brady would be done for the season in Week 1? Rivers would have wasted away on your bench if not for luck.

And if you were Kreskin and foresaw his injury then you shouldn't have picked him third to begin with. Plus Rivers' stats are better than anticipated partly because of LT's own injury.

5th place out of of 12 isn't considered lousy to my knowledge. Not Great, but not lousy.

I picked Rivers because Brady hadn't taken a snap in all of pre-season and I don't trust the PATS with injury information. Depending on Brady's weekly match-up, I could have played Rivers at LEAST against the Jets, Raiders twice, Denver twice and the Chiefs twice.

Hockey you use every player, much different that several offensive players and a D per week.

See Giants and Burress are on the same page and we work it out...

Burress, Giants working towards settlement

Posted: September 25th, 2008 | Adam Schefter | Tags: New York Giants, Plaxico Burress

New York wasted no time suspending Giants Plaxico Burress, and the lawyers wasted no time trying to get it resolved before it goes to an arbitrator.

One day after the Giants suspended Burress for one game against Seattle, lawyers for the NFL Players Association started talking to the the NFL lawyers about a possible grievance.

But before it goes to the arbitrator under the CBA grievance procedures, there could be a settlement between the NFL and NFLPA lawyers. Despite several hours of discussion Thursday afternoon, no settlement had been reached

See Giants and Burress are on the same page and we work it out...

Its good that Burress's agent want his commission money, but I don't think that the League will reverse the decision to fine Burress or lift the suspension until they review the domestic abuse calls from Burress wife.

Goodell is still cracking down on players and their behavior.