Food around the Rock

Reverend_Hellh0und

Someone on HF posted the list of Edison Ale House beers..

On Tap

Guiness

Smitwicks

River horse hipp-o-lantern pumpkin

Hopfish IPA

PBR

Victory hop devil

Bluepoint blueberry

Tommy knocker imperial nut brown ale

Victory golden monkey

Spaten

Blue moon

Palm

Long trail

Brooklyn lager

Blue moon pumpkin

Sam Adams lager

Southampton double white

Magic hat #9

yuengling

Coors light

Next in line on tap:

Dogfish head Indian brown ale

Brooklyn concoction

In bottle:

Yards brawler

Sam Adams octoberfest

Modelo

Chimay

Hoegarden

Rogue dead guy ale

Duvel

On Tap

Guiness

Smitwicks

Hopfish IPA

PBR

Victory hop devil

Bluepoint blueberry

Victory golden monkey

Spaten

Blue moon

Palm

Long trail

Brooklyn lager

Blue moon pumpkin

Sam Adams lager

Southampton double white

Magic hat #9

yuengling

Coors light

Next in line on tap:

Brooklyn concoction

In bottle:

Yards brawler

Sam Adams octoberfest

Modelo

Chimay

Hoegarden

Rogue dead guy ale

Duvel

Very nice list. Good to see they have some local beers. Blue Point brewed on Long Island and they make great beer.

On Tap

Guiness

Smitwicks

Hopfish IPA

PBR

Victory hop devil

Bluepoint blueberry

Victory golden monkey

Spaten

Blue moon

Palm

Long trail

Brooklyn lager

Blue moon pumpkin

Sam Adams lager

Southampton double white

Magic hat #9

yuengling

Coors light

Next in line on tap:

Brooklyn concoction

In bottle:

Yards brawler

Sam Adams octoberfest

Modelo

Chimay

Hoegarden

Rogue dead guy ale

Duvel

Very sold list there, but they need to get rid of that hipster piss-in-a-can swill PBR off the taps.

I'm grabbing dinner at Edison Ale House on Friday before the game.. I'll probably be getting a pizza since they have some interesting toppings.. I know for sure my first beer will be the River Horse pumpkin, because I loooooove pumpkin beers..

I'll be sure to post another review now that I'll be getting the full experience

Found the Edison Ale House menu on www.NewarkPulse.com

http://www.newarkpul...pdf/menu409.pdf

Thanks for posting that menu. I might be going there before the game tonight too.

Does anyone know ... this place isn't so fancy that people dressed in Devils gear are not welcome, right? I mean, it's right across the street from the Rock; they gotta expect Devils fans to drop in.

Thanks for posting that menu. I might be going there before the game tonight too.

Does anyone know ... this place isn't so fancy that people dressed in Devils gear are not welcome, right? I mean, it's right across the street from the Rock; they gotta expect Devils fans to drop in.

At the preseason game last week against the Rags, a lot of people at EAH had Devils gear on so you should be ok.

I thought Loft 47 next door might have not welcomed those with Devils gear since that seemed to be the fanciest of the bunch, but I saw a couple of guys at the bar with jerseys on so I am assuming it is ok there too.

It would be very unwise to turn away a ton of potential customers just because you want to keep a certain "look"

At the preseason game last week against the Rags, a lot of people at EAH had Devils gear on so you should be ok.

I thought Loft 47 next door might have not welcomed those with Devils gear since that seemed to be the fanciest of the bunch, but I saw a couple of guys at the bar with jerseys on so I am assuming it is ok there too.

It would be very unwise to turn away a ton of potential customers just because you want to keep a certain "look"

I agree.

Do you know how much the beers cost?

I was outside the other day and saw that tap beers go from $4 for PBR up to $7 for never-heard-of-it-but-sounds-good craft brews. Most were $5 or $6.

$7, yikes! That's what I like, the never-heard-of-it-but-sounds-good craft brews :lol:

But it still beats whatever the price is inside the arena for Heineken, Rolling Rock and the like.

I'll find out what is what tonight.

Edited by 95Crash

Went to Edison Ale House for a pregame dinner.. Got the Hippo Lantern Pumpkin to drink.. Started with fried calamari appetizer and it was awesome!! Cooked perfectly.. Got the Sausage and Broccoli Rabe pizza.. It was fantastic, fresh, and a perfect crust (and I hate crust)..

The staff was very attentive, and the place was packed..

The crowd was actually mostly younger business-looking people who I'm guessing work in the area.. And the place was beyond packed, so that was awesome to see

Overall: Awesome experience.. They realized what Port 44 didn't; that good food is what it takes to succeed in this area (Port 44 had great homemade beer, but terrible food, and it failed).. I hope Edison Ale House continued to do well as it's my new favorite in Newark, but I'll need to make a little more money before I can afford it on a regular basis

Went to Edison Ale House for a pregame dinner.. Got the Hippo Lantern Pumpkin to drink.. Started with fried calamari appetizer and it was awesome!! Cooked perfectly.. Got the Sausage and Broccoli Rabe pizza.. It was fantastic, fresh, and a perfect crust (and I hate crust)..

The staff was very attentive, and the place was packed..

The crowd was actually mostly younger business-looking people who I'm guessing work in the area.. And the place was beyond packed, so that was awesome to see

Overall: Awesome experience.. They realized what Port 44 didn't; that good food is what it takes to succeed in this area (Port 44 had great homemade beer, but terrible food, and it failed).. I hope Edison Ale House continued to do well as it's my new favorite in Newark, but I'll need to make a little more money before I can afford it on a regular basis

Nice to see such high praise for the new joint! Can't wait to check it out.

Kinda want to keep it to myself, but the food @ the Goal Bar has changed and is much more upscale. Got to try the East Carolina Pulled Pork, w/ Fries (not Nathans, but upscale). Also, my bro in law got Garlic Fries, which were off the hook. My wife got the chicken fingers w/ a thai chilli dipping sauce and thsoe fries again and they were really good. Plus, the prices were similar to concourse pricing. Also saw a chicken BLT sandwich that looked good. Food made to order, not just sitting there in a tray. Oh yeah -- build your own footlong too, w/ hoices of chilli, cheese, onions, mustard, kraut etc.

Kinda want to keep it to myself, but the food @ the Goal Bar has changed and is much more upscale. Got to try the East Carolina Pulled Pork, w/ Fries (not Nathans, but upscale). Also, my bro in law got Garlic Fries, which were off the hook. My wife got the chicken fingers w/ a thai chilli dipping sauce and thsoe fries again and they were really good. Plus, the prices were similar to concourse pricing. Also saw a chicken BLT sandwich that looked good. Food made to order, not just sitting there in a tray. Oh yeah -- build your own footlong too, w/ hoices of chilli, cheese, onions, mustard, kraut etc.

This is at the goal bar in the Rock they have this food?

Yes - Where City Grill is up @ the Goal Bar. Where Pre-game happens. @ the Flyers game, maybe 20-30 people were up there, no more. Was great!

Yeah I even had seats there a couple of games so far and never knew they had that good food at that little stand on the side there. I might have to try it now.

That's pretty awesome.. Hopefully they advertise it, because I think the Goal Bar is a pretty cool feature of the Rock that people either don't know about or just know it's expensive and the food is standard.. I mean, it's like a club lounge that everyone can go to.. Kinda wish they made it a STH only club (for every STH) but of course I'm completely biased :P