WWE/TNA/ROH - Wrestling Thread

Satans Hockey

So I had the wonderful pleasure of attending the Royal Rumble last night at MSG with the thought that I would be Cena free for a couple of months, well the WWE shoved Cena down our throats yet again as he came out at #30 and virtually threw everyone out of the ring and YET AGAIN OVERCAME THE ODDS!!! because John Cena just came back from having done to surgery to his arm but Cena is God so it doesn't matter.

There was no need whatsoever for Cena to win the Rumble, I didn't want HHH or Batista or Taker to win it either. I wanted someone new, someone who could have used a push, you take your pick I don't really care who for the most part.

The Rumble should be used to elevate guys to main event status. I don't really care for the most part to argue over who should have been elevated but Kennedy as a face, not a heel, would have been a great choice to get someone into main event status because of the fact he is good on the mic and he can go in the ring plus with him winning the MITB last year and him getting screwed out of it due to bad luck I thought he deserved the push. Matt Hardy, CM Punk, Shelton Benjamin, Elijah Burke, John Morrison would have also been ok with me for guys deserving a push but I just thought Kennedy should get it since he had won MITB and got screwed out of it and never got a title shot.

Go look at the old rumble winners, some which weren't main event guys just yet...Yokozuna, HBK, Austin and Batista all won the Rumble before they became main eventers and before they won the WWE championship belt for the first time. Also Benoit and Rey(who were main eventers for the most part already) won the Rumble before they got their first title reigns in WWE.

I could keep this rant going on forever. I am just so sick of seeing Cena month after month overcome the odds and I thought everything was going pretty good with out him, ratings and ppv buyrates stayed at the normal numbers with Cena's absence. I have tickets to Raw tonight in Philly and I honestly don't even want to go just to see Cena come out first and have to listen to his boring ass promos about how he overcame sh!t again. I'm also going to WrestleMania 24 and I am really considering not even bothering. I'm disgusted right now with how sh!t went down last night, yes it was a surprise but almost the entire crowd booed the sh!t out of him after the initial shock of him coming out. You could hear it when he was throwing punches with HHH, people were booing when Cena hit HHH but everyone was screaming yeahhhhh when HHH hit Cena. The crowd outside had non stop Cena sucks chants.

On the bright side at least The Not So Great Khali got the appropriate response from the crowd, with everyone chanting you cant wrestle at him.

Edited by Satans Hockey

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was very strange. Before the event started everyone chants Cena sucks, then he comes out to a huge chant, then everyone chants against him again, then it's mixed for a bit, then everyone is against Cena some more, and then Cena wins to a huge ovation. What was going on with that? Crowd seemed very pro-HHH until Cena won, very strange. Cena is just awful but I think he is profitable and since he isn't an exciting wrestler or mic guy so he really needs to be the guy that just doesn't lose or he would lose luster very quickly.

At least the rest of the matches went my way, especially with a little bit of Edge love.

I haven't read any reports yet but when Hardy and Orton messed up their big spot on the outside of the ring and then the match ended right after I was wondering if either of them hurt themselves. Hardy was really vulnerable and Orton put himself in a bad spot to try and help Hardy out. I guess I'll find out tonight if anything did happen.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

I have to admit... NOTHING brightens my day more then the pissed off blinded Cena haters, they are always fun to laugh at!!

The shock of Cena being back (reports had him out till May... hell he could STILL be hurt and they are using this to turn HHH heel and have him give a massive beatdown on Raw tonight to start the turn)

I am annoyed now #30 has won twice in a row though :P

I thought this was the best show the WWE has put on in a LONG TIME personally and I'd buy it even if I wasn't being a royal rumble completest like I am now!

Though the whole Vickie/Edge thing skeeves me, I thought it would be cool if Vickie ripped out the line WELL I HATE YOU REY CAUSE YOU'RE STILL HERE AND EDDIE ISN'T (I don't wanna hear that being over the line cause Vince is talking about running an incest angle... but she says that and she gets MONSTER heat!)

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

I have to admit... NOTHING brightens my day more then the pissed off blinded Cena haters, they are always fun to laugh at!!

The shock of Cena being back (reports had him out till May... hell he could STILL be hurt and they are using this to turn HHH heel and have him give a massive beatdown on Raw tonight to start the turn)

I am annoyed now #30 has won twice in a row though :P

I thought this was the best show the WWE has put on in a LONG TIME personally and I'd buy it even if I wasn't being a royal rumble completest like I am now!

Though the whole Vickie/Edge thing skeeves me, I thought it would be cool if Vickie ripped out the line WELL I HATE YOU REY CAUSE YOU'RE STILL HERE AND EDDIE ISN'T (I don't wanna hear that being over the line cause Vince is talking about running an incest angle... but she says that and she gets MONSTER heat!)

Edited by Satans Hockey

I liked the show last night but I also don't like Cena and don't think it's due to some blind hatred. Edge/Rey was definitely the best match, crowd was very split but both sides really into it. Good ending and and good in ring story telling by both guys.

I think the Hardy/Orton match was cut short because they either are or thought they were hurt when they messed up the spot out of the ring.

I liked the show last night but I also don't like Cena and don't think it's due to some blind hatred. Edge/Rey was definitely the best match, crowd was very split but both sides really into it. Good ending and and good in ring story telling by both guys.

I think the Hardy/Orton match was cut short because they either are or thought they were hurt when they messed up the spot out of the ring.

Yeah I root for who I root for regardless of alignment

and from my opinions (and sitting in a packed Hooters for PPV after PPV, you see a lot of people)... it's been way too much the "cool thing to too" to boo Cena and pretend to be a smart fan

and you want to talk about untalented fvckos who overcame the odds that didn't deserve it.. HULK HOGAN!!

Cena is a HUNDRED times the worker that ungrateful douche is!!!

I can't disagree on Flair but I like the lose and you're done gimmick

just a matter of intrigue on who gets to end the run... (better NOT be Vince)

I was rooting for Rey cause I wanted to see Punk interfere and cost Edge the belt cause a Punk/Edge feud would OWN! (though I think GTS is the worst finisher in wrestling today)

sadly now Jericho is stuck in a go NOWHERE feud with a guy who should be announcing matches

least it's better then Stone Cold Sharkboy and Jay Lethal losing his smile... :argh:

Yeah I root for who I root for regardless of alignment

and from my opinions (and sitting in a packed Hooters for PPV after PPV, you see a lot of people)... it's been way too much the "cool thing to too" to boo Cena and pretend to be a smart fan

and you want to talk about untalented fvckos who overcame the odds that didn't deserve it.. HULK HOGAN!!

I'm willing to bet even money that HHH beats the piss out of him tonight and Cena will be out of 'Mania, and causing a MASSIVE mess into the main event scene at Mania anyway (and works an elimination chamber match for No Way Out and the #1 contender)

• 2 weeks later...

I used to follow and watch Wrestling last year(Edge fan.) but I just gave it up during October 2007. I was so fvcking sick of Cena.. Really, that guy can't promo, can't wrestle, can't be good on the mic.. He repeats always the 5moves.. I mean, just fire him! That would be so dreamy.

Isn't Vince knowing that Cena isn't real appreciated by real wrestling fans, not 14less Ados and kids who likes Cena because of all the "MARINE" and toys the WWE made of him?

Money TALKS

Cena makes the E a LOT of money

people pay to cheer him

people pay to see him die

bottom line... as long as he does that.. he's gonna be on top

and come on... if Cena wasn't Superman it would be the HHH show which is WORSE

say what you will about HHH but he has only had 1 title reign since WM 21 and that reign was about 2hrs or so long and the guy is willing to put over people and he has great matches doing it. He loses just as much as he wins of late. People just tend to bitch about him cause of all these dirtsheet rumors posted on the internet saying how much control he has and blah blah.

HHH is MILLIONS of times worse then Cena:

1. he's guaranteed to be in the main event forever

2. no he's not held the title, but ask about what happened to the Chris Jericho push and world title reign... ask Booker T, Kurt Angle or Brock Lesnar about him too while you're at it

3. Cena is the ultimate and best spokesperson for this company in AND OUT of the ring... case in point... Vince just gave a 5 minute speech on Chris Benoit and admitting he was a murderer and how he will never be seen or mentioned on their TV again.. guess who gets the all-important first match to make people feel better.... yeup... Cena!!

and HHH as a worker has NEVER been the same since blown quad #1

Edited by Satans Hockey

I like John Cena, I think he works hard but I admit his matches lack creativity. Its really hard to be THE GUY and no one really is better qualified than Cena. The WWE has been suffering from a lack of talent since The Stone Cold/Rock years and it shows. I'm tired of HHH, and Randy Orton has the personality of a wet sponge.

Other than Edge being a terrific Heel no one really fits into an appropriate role in this era, thats why the WWE seems to be constantly suffling the deck chairs on the Titanic with their storylines. I think a healthy Cena is the best hope for the WWE unless someone else arises.

Rumor has it that Rey Mysterio got injured in the overseas tour. I hope it's not true but if it is I have no idea what they are going to do for Sundays ppv because he is suppose to be fighting Edge for the World Title.

p.s. they might have announced something already but I haven't watched ECW or Smackdown this week yet so I'm a little behind and I don't check wrestling websites until I catch up.

I also changed this to the official wrestling thread, theres no real need to bring up a new thread all the time.

Edited by Satans Hockey

we needed one of these!! :dance:

Well Rey is injured, and the only logical guy they can throw in there is Kane, which they probably will do

I dunno... I'm just not looking forward to this PPV Sunday... just don't care!!

So does anyone else think Awesome Kong is the most amazing wrestler in the business now??? :blink: