Kubina to Philly

ghdi

I'm not blown away by this deal. I suppose this and Grossman improve the flyers but they still have questionable goaltending and are as much a crapshoot as everyone besides NYR and BOS out of the East.

yea but getting huge on defense is just about the best thing they could have done to help that goals against category

Looking back we got Kovy for such little. Oduya is really nothing huge now. Bergfors is in Europe? Cormier isn't any breakout player just yet and the 2nd rounders were just merely flipped.

i understand that but Nash is a great player and i just dont wanna see it

+1, Nash-Giroux would suck for a playoff series. It really would.

i understand that but Nash is a great player and i just dont wanna see it

The last thing that they need is more scoring.. They are #1 in scoring in the NHL, so unless Homer feels that 7+ goals a game is the only way to overcome Bryz's mediocrity, then why the hell would they trade some of their future for Nash?

If the Flyers get Nash, they will have significantly upgraded their offense since ridding themselves of Richards and Carter and thus will have shown they may have had a plan all along. Nothing makes up for signing Bryz of course.

Edited by ben00rs

Guest BelieveinBrodeur

Their goaltending is back to where it always was really, 2 goalies to equal one. Injury issues, Brzy gives them no salary flexibility and Both Grossman and Kubina are UFA's at seasons end.