Larsson sent to Albany

Z-Man

I really doubt Larsson "mailed it in". I think you just caught him on a bad night. He goes from not playing for a month and a half due to a knee injury and then has to play 3 games in 3 nights. On top of that he had to travel from Springfield, MA to Albany, NY to Atlantic City, NJ (5.5 hours of bus rides). Even for a guy in good health, I'd expect some sloppy play and sluggish legs.

we're really overprotecting this poor kid aren't we...

it's like we're absolutely refusing to consider that he may not be that great and we make up excuses to justify everything. 

Yet we go against those same excuses to bash other players... ohh sports fans...

Ridiculous. People that saw either of his first 2 AHL games of this stint, like Jas0nMacIsaac who used to scout for Future Considerations, were really impressed. One bad game changes that?

Playing 3 games in 3 days in the 2nd toughest league in North America is hard. Throw in coming off of a lengthy injury and lots of bus trips and yeah, I'm sure he didn't look at his best. This isn't "overprotecting", it's just stating that looking at any player in this situation isn't ideal.

Ridiculous. People that saw either of his first 2 AHL games of this stint, like Jas0nMacIsaac who used to scout for Future Considerations, were really impressed. One bad game changes that?

Playing 3 games in 3 days in the 2nd toughest league in North America is hard. Throw in coming off of a lengthy injury and lots of bus trips and yeah, I'm sure he didn't look at his best. This isn't "overprotecting", it's just stating that looking at any player in this situation isn't ideal.

no well im not talking about this one specific conversation. I know all those excuses are good this time but what do we know really.

But just seems that people can never ever say something bad about him without almost getting thrown under a bus at times.

no well im not talking about this one specific conversation. I know all those excuses are good this time but what do we know really.

But just seems that people can never ever say something bad about him without almost getting thrown under a bus at times.

Those opinions usually are coupled with absurd expectations (why isn't this kid playing like Doughty!?)...and observations. Like "he was mailing it in after 3rd game in 3 nights after sitting out for 6 weeks!"

Edited by Marshall

we're really overprotecting this poor kid aren't we...

it's like we're absolutely refusing to consider that he may not be that great and we make up excuses to justify everything. 

Yet we go against those same excuses to bash other players... ohh sports fans...

It goes both ways, like taking this one account of the game Sunday, and ignoring the 3 assist, 2nd star game from Saturday. Which is the anomaly?

It's a disgrace he's still down there unless he really did hurt himself and this isn't another 'Lou injury' :P

If LL has no idea how to alleviate the log jam, then lets get on an 8 man  roatation where every d man sits for a game each week, alteast then we know we will have fresh legs! set up pairings and they sit together

first off i agree with fiesty and i didnt say bust...atleast i dont think so as i want him to do well

it gets frustrating to watch him sometimes

you know who looked good was Kelly, pretty steady guy 

and yes this is one game i get that

my thought at the time was that Cory could use Larssons up ice passes; but is it worth the other faults. and he was going for slappers all night, not great btw.