Would you trade Adam Larsson...

Beetlebum

Larsson plays timid. He's not ready for the league and should have spent last year in Sweden or the 'A'. His stats are decieving. Yes, he has very good offense kill. However, many times he made the scared play instead of the right play. I love the kid's potential but he's gotta grow a pair and act like he belongs. People talk about Subban being a fvcker but that's also apart of what makes him good. Larsson needs some of that. I'm not saying he needs to tell his coach or his captain to fvck off. He just needs to act like a big boy in a boy's league or else he's going to end up having a very short career cause next time maybe Subban puts him straight through the ice! Maybe, they're hoping keeping him around Stevens will change his mentality a bit. I don't know....

You and I watched a different Larsson last year, apparently.

Yeah, I'm not sure where the soft thing is coming from, he got murdered a few times last season, a soft player would avoid those situations. Think Rolston beating Pronger to the puck by a mile, and then deciding he'd rather let Pronger have it, instead of having Pronger take the body on him, and maybe retain possession.

In my eyes, Larsson demonstrated that he has all those things last year. He hacked his way to being an average defenseman despite being pretty damn slow. You can't do that on 'tools'. He did it on knowing where to be and making the right plays. Soft?! Larsson took so many big hits I feared for his health and safety. With more speed and anticipation he'll be able to avoid those hits. Being a top defender isn't about speed, otherwise Weber, Chara, and Pronger would never be considered. Even Lidstrom wasn't all that fast - he just knew where to be.

No but if you dont have speed you'd better have strength. Im wondering if this is the issue thats driving lou. is the kid doing enough in the weight room and with the plyometrics?

are we jumping the gun on adam? probably but its a messageboard lol what I saw mostly was a kid having to adjust to the wingers speed in the NHL. when his gap control got tight he was vulnerable and late with his step out pivot speed on the edge was hurting him

behind the net was spotty too, doesnt have the burst to bring it out but showed good hands

chara is a freak 6'-9" with a 12' long stick and can lift any man off the ice with one arm

Give Larsson a chacne, the kid is young and has played like 60 ganmes at the NHL level. It took Neids a few years to develop, defense is a really tough position, But he needs to play, to scratch him everynight is dumb, either play hinm here or let himn play in alblany

But he needs to play, to scratch him everynight is dumb, either play hinm here or let himn play in alblany

Thing of it is, we don't know why he's really being scratched. We don't want to - because our knowing mean the league knowing and that means exposing a weakness that could be exploited. If you are impatient about this as a fan then IMO you dont have the TEAMS best interest at heart - just your own instant gratification

Give Larsson a chacne, the kid is young and has played like 60 ganmes at the NHL level. It took Neids a few years to develop, defense is a really tough position, But he needs to play, to scratch him everynight is dumb, either play hinm here or let himn play in alblany

Thats right, i mean Lou has to do something it's ridiculous to think we'd go in the season scratching 2 NHL dmen every night while we need help on offence... if we know this... the team knows it too and it must create the same kind of feeling than when they knew they had to get rid of someone to get under the cap few years ago.

As for Larsson he should play, send him down or something and keep one scratch dman whats the point of having 2 ? recall Larsson if you need him it seems obvious to me anyway

PDB was quoted as saying something along the lines of "If [Larsson] hadn't already played 30+ games in Albany he'd probably be sent down".

And I'm pretty sure Larsson also said something like he'd rather stay and practice with the big squad and the coaches.

You don't make a roster change when the team is winning. After the team loses I expect Larsson to be put in.

PDB was quoted as saying something along the lines of "If [Larsson] hadn't already played 30+ games in Albany he'd probably be sent down".

And I'm pretty sure Larsson also said something like he'd rather stay and practice with the big squad and the coaches.

You don't make a roster change when the team is winning. After the team loses I expect Larsson to be put in.

yeah but it's not all about Adam either, then youre still scratching 2 NHL dmen. Whats the point?

The Devils are 2-0, have given up one goal, and there's something to bitch about and question. Thank God hockey season is back! THIS is what njdevs.com is all about (in a good way...we're talking hockey again)!

I expect him to be put in Saturday, win or lose.

You don't draft 1st year impact d-men. Lidstrom wasn't even in the league as an 18,19 year old kid.

Nieds played all of 4 games.

If you want an impact player, you draft a forward; and at the #4 spot; you already missed out on the 1st year impact players.

Larsson is ridicouslousy young and looked amazing for his age and experience.

I don't see the need to trade him for a less-upside, more developed player or someone else's cancer.

No but if you dont have speed you'd better have strength. Im wondering if this is the issue thats driving lou. is the kid doing enough in the weight room and with the plyometrics?

are we jumping the gun on adam? probably but its a messageboard lol what I saw mostly was a kid having to adjust to the wingers speed in the NHL. when his gap control got tight he was vulnerable and late with his step out pivot speed on the edge was hurting him

behind the net was spotty too, doesnt have the burst to bring it out but showed good hands

These are my thoughts exactly.

If they don't play him soon, thy should send him down. Of course the kid is gonna say he wants to stay up if that is what is happening. Ask him again after 10 games of sitting if that happens.

If you could work a trade for one of Edmonton's top young forwards, I'd say yes.

Otherwise, no.

Yea that is what I said but I would much rather keep him. I feel like Eberle, Gagner, and Hemskey are probably the only touchable top forwards. You could make a case for Magnus Paajarvi who was a first round top 10 pick but he still hasen't panned out in EDM.

http://www.rumeursdetransactions.com/4723-rumeurs-canadiens-flyers-pk-subban

its french but it's saying that the Flyers have inquired about Subban and that couturier could potentially be MTL's target... MTL and Philly talked last year when the Webber attempt failed and Couturier was in play but Laviolette told holmgren to take out his home from any deal.

so thats that... i hate subban and i hate mtl but id HATE to have see him with the Flyers, he's a PERFECT Flyers player, and i'd hate to have to play against him 6 times a year fvck sakes