Devils acquire Loktionov

jagknife

Really like this move. Obviously this isnt going to help the NJ Devils this year but he's shown a lot if promise and could be a real good forward for our club in a few years.

Loktionov is waiver-eligible after this season, so if this isn't to help the Devils soon, I'm not sure why the move was made.  It does suggest, at the very least, that Mattias Tedenby's time in the organization is at an end.

I've heard this kid is supposed to be pretty good, but I really don't know much about him. Anyone have any info they could post? Or perhaps provide an explanation as to why LA would trade us someone who is by all accounts a promising young player for only a 5th round pick?

His agent is Igor Larionov, FYI.

I've heard this kid is supposed to be pretty good, but I really don't know much about him. Anyone have any info they could post? Or perhaps provide an explanation as to why LA would trade us someone who is by all accounts a promising young player for only a 5th round pick?

http://www.jewelsfromthecrown.com/2013/1/30/3934728/andrei-loktionovs-trade-request-official-could-he-thrive-with-a-new-team

"@SlavaMalamud
Igor Larionov tells me that Andrei Loktionov will be playing in the AHL, but once the lockout ends, a trade will be asked for. #LAKings"

Looks like he wasn't happy with his ice time in LA.

The Kings tried him out at wing and it didn't work, and they have too many centers to need him: http://mayorsmanor.com/2013/01/loktionov-asks-for-a-trade-bernier-may-be-singing-different-tune/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=loktionov-asks-for-a-trade-bernier-may-be-singing-different-tune

Edited by JWomp

He's waiver eligible next year, so it's either that or potentially lose him for nothing - and of course, his contract expires after this season and he could always head back to Russia.  Clearly they don't see a future for him in their organization, for whatever reason.  He was weirdly denied having his name on the Cup last season and fell out of favor.  

This is exactly the kind of move Lou should be making - get a Russian guy for cheap who might have high potential.

Edited by Triumph

He's waiver eligible next year, so it's either that or potentially lose him for nothing - and of course, his contract expires after this season and he could always head back to Russia.  Clearly they don't see a future for him in their organization, for whatever reason.  He was weirdly denied having his name on the Cup last season and fell out of favor.  

This is exactly the kind of move Lou should be making - get a Russian guy for cheap who might have high potential.

. Nice, thanks Tri. I also found this over at HF for some additional info if anyone's interested: http://www.hockeysfuture.com/prospects/andrei_loktionov/

Talent Analysis:

'Loktionov is a solid two-way player who can fulfill various roles on the team ranging from a defensive expert on shorthanded units to a playmaker on a power-play unit.  He sees the ice well and effectively uses his linemates, creating a number of scoring chances.  A couple of more significant improvement areas for Loktionov include his faceoff skills and his scoring ability.  Specifically in regards to his scoring ability, while always a danger in the offensive zone, Loktionov prefers to pass rather than shoot and in a shot-filled North American style of hockey a more multi-dimensional game would make him more dangerous and hard to contain.'

Pass-first guy. He should fit right in with this group. :P

Loktionov is waiver-eligible after this season, so if this isn't to help the Devils soon, I'm not sure why the move was made.  It does suggest, at the very least, that Mattias Tedenby's time in the organization is at an end.

Forget clearing waivers, he wants to play in the NHL.    He might just walk at the end of the season if he traded Manchester for Albany.     Kind of a weird deal.    Only a 5, but still...

Forget clearing waivers, he wants to play in the NHL.    He might just walk at the end of the season if he traded Manchester for Albany.     Kind of a weird deal.    Only a 5, but still...

He's obviously the first forward up from Albany if there are any injuries, so he'll be in the NHL soon enough.  It's a weird deal if, as it's been suggested, he's incapable of moving to wing, unless they just intend to put Josefson there permanently soon.

Anyone else think this means that Lou is gonna trade a Dman for a pick? Move Lokti or JJ to wing and have

Zubrus-Zajac-Kovalchuk

Elias-Henrique-Clarkson

Loktianov-JJ-Butler

4th line

If it means anything trade related I think it means Tedenby is getting packaged with whatever D we trade.

I don't think this factors into trading a defensemen though. I think it was more so just Lou grabbing a good prospect that will fit in with the devils system and can be ready quickly

Like what I'm reading...

Talent Analysis

Loktionov is a solid two-way player who can fulfill various roles on the team ranging from a defensive expert on shorthanded units to a playmaker on a power-play unit. He sees the ice well and effectively uses his linemates, creating a number of scoring chances. A couple of more significant improvement areas for Loktionov include his faceoff skills and his scoring ability. Specifically in regards to his scoring ability, while always a danger in the offensive zone, Loktionov prefers to pass rather than shoot and in a shot-filled North American style of hockey a more multi-dimensional game would make him more dangerous and hard to contain. - via http://www.hockeysfu...drei_loktionov/

Sorry didn't realize someone had posted this earlier but at least we are all on the same page.

I wonder who gets sent down when he gets a chance to come up tho...hopefully not Butler!

Edited by ScoreMoreThan3