NFL 2011 Offseason Thead

Hi, I'm VALUE!

WTF IS AL DAVIS THINKING?!?!?!??

Frack me I should know better then to ask.... but this is the first time in damn near a DECADE that team looked respectable.... Jesus Christ!!!!

WTF IS AL DAVIS THINKING?!?!?!??

Frack me I should know better then to ask.... but this is the first time in damn near a DECADE that team looked respectable.... Jesus Christ!!!!

I will never understand this franchise. The first whiff of success in how long? and they are NOT going rehire the guy who is finally steering the ship in the right direction?

• Like 1

I will never understand this franchise. The first whiff of success in how long? and they are NOT going rehire the guy who is finally steering the ship in the right direction?

This is a scary indictment on how obvious this is a bad move if he agrees with me :lol:

and I wanna know who's johnson Marvin Lewis is sucking to get to COME BACK!!!!

And people wonder why I don't hate Jerry Jones as an owner...look at Houston, Jacksonville and Cinci!!

According to this link, there's rumors out of Carolina that the Panthers will NOT draft a QB, instead choosing to stick with Clausen and Moore (and, potentially, any veteran stopgap needed)

:lol:

Could we see a Kerry Collins/Panthers reunion?

I call bullsh!t...NO franchise is THAT stupid....this is pure pre-draft posturing :P

It was orgasmic to watch Andrew Luck last night beat up on VT. This guy looks like the real deal. Just declare please and the future will be bright in Carolina for years. And whoever gets Harbaugh is getting one hell of a coach.

If I ever see Jimmy Clausen throw a pass for the Panthers in an NFL regular season game, I am going to puke. Easily one of the 5-worst players to play the possession of all-time.

Edited by devilsrule33

I call bullsh!t...NO franchise is THAT stupid....this is pure pre-draft posturing :P

We'll see. When you're 2-14, you need a LOT of help, so it wouldn't surprise me if they signed a veteran stopgap, say Jon Kitna or Kerry Collins, and traded this pick to fill need.

However, IMO, if they walk away from this draft without Mallett or Luck, they're going to be a bad franchise again next year. Mallett's a special player too, at least from what I've seen of him in a Hogs uni.

• Like 1

AND....I .....(multi-).....QUOTE!!!

It is a scary indictment, but I guess you have to be right about something during the season.

This from the guy who thinks Ravens WRs are Rice and Taylor reborn.......

We'll see. When you're 2-14, you need a LOT of help, so it wouldn't surprise me if they signed a veteran stopgap, say Jon Kitna or Kerry Collins, and traded this pick to fill need.

However, IMO, if they walk away from this draft without Mallett or Luck, they're going to be a bad franchise again next year. Mallett's a special player too, at least from what I've seen of him in a Hogs uni.

Tell that to the Rams :P

Difference is Carolina has 3 good backs and all-pro level WR in Smith....they could get good FAST with a QB, their division is nasty though...

Not so much the defense was "exposed" as you wish to think as they were fatigued being on the field so much in a pass defense.

This is more on the offense as we somehow can not run the ball. I believe at one point in the 3rd or 4th quarter we were out gained 100 to 1 total yards on offense.

Flacco is a potentially great young QB and we have the best WR corps perhaps in the history of the game in Mason, Boldin, TJH, Stallworth, but we just can run the ball even with Le'Ron Mclain back and teams playing against the pass.

This is a very bad sign. Go and do your rant against Ray Rice now.

This from a guy who can't read and then goes off and has imaginary conversations with himself.

Does your own manta-vision blind you to the insane things you spit out on a keyboard even?

Broncos would trade Orton for 2nd Rounder

GTF on the phone, Ireland!

re: Carolina, I agree whole-heartedly with you Scott, but what happens if the Bills or Cards give you a Herschel Walker package of picks? The Car defense is bad (don't be fooled by 18th against the pass, that was teams backing off and running the clock in the second half), and their pass game is bad too (dead last). The only thing they do OK is run (12th in yds/g). They could "turn it around" with Luck or Mallett, but they still can't stop...well, anyone. Their division is way too stacked at this time.

re: Carolina, I agree whole-heartedly with you Scott, but what happens if the Bills or Cards give you a Herschel Walker package of picks? The Car defense is bad (don't be fooled by 18th against the pass, that was teams backing off and running the clock in the second half), and their pass game is bad too (dead last). The only thing they do OK is run (12th in yds/g). They could "turn it around" with Luck or Mallett, but they still can't stop...well, anyone. Their division is way too stacked at this time.

Better grab Orton BEFORE the 49ers get smart.....plus I would mark out all year for having to root for an Orton :lol:

I agree, but the QB is SO IMPORTANT in this league now.....even if you drop to 3, you should still be able to get one of those QBs and stock some defense later......

I said "perhaps" I never said they were, which you kept spouting out in several other threads.

Even trying to put them in the CONVERSATION is a gross distortion of embarrassing proportion :P

It was orgasmic to watch Andrew Luck last night beat up on VT. This guy looks like the real deal. Just declare please and the future will be bright in Carolina for years. And whoever gets Harbaugh is getting one hell of a coach.

If Harbaugh stays, Luck stays, and they go for a Nat'l Championship. Bradford stayed, got hurt, and still went #1. There's precedence.

Rich Rod was just fired, and I imagine they're going to go harder than any program has ever had to get Jim.

If I'm Harbaugh, I call Pat Bowlen, tell him I'm interested, and take the Broncos job.

The Panthers have some great players on defense. fvck statistics. Their defense was stuck on the field all game because Clausen would go 3 and out every time. Turnovers also left them deep in their own territory all year. They badly need some DTs. That is what was so shocking on a John Fox coached team. The guy always stressed domination on the offensive and defensive line, but for the last two years had no answers after they traded Jenkins. Thomas Davis is an elite LB and will hopefully be healthy next year. They are bad against the pass because they don't blitz and can't get much pressure with 4 lineman. It's dumb. Give a QB all day, and he'll find a receiver.

This team is as good as a 2-14 team can be. This is just a QB driven league and the Panthers unfortunately had the worst in the league with Clausen. Look what happened to the Cards without Warner. The Panthers would be so dumb not to draft Luck. They have a lot of talent and don't need to trade the pick to fill 5 holes. They need this stud QB. Andrew Luck is the full package.

Edited by devilsrule33

The Panthers have some great players on defense. fvck statistics. Their defense was stuck on the field all game because Clausen would go 3 and out every time. Turnovers also left them deep in their own territory all year. They badly need some DTs. That is what was so shocking on a John Fox coached team. The guy always stressed domination on the offensive and defensive line, but for the last two years had no answers after they traded Jenkins. Thomas Davis is an elite LB and will hopefully be healthy next year. They are bad against the pass because they don't blitz and can't get much pressure with 4 lineman. It's dumb. Give a QB all day, and he'll find a receiver.

This team is as good as a 2-14 team can be. This is just a QB driven league and the Panthers unfortunately had the worst in the league with Clausen. Look what happened to the Cards without Warner. The Panthers would be so dumb not to draft Luck. They have a lot of talent and don't need to trade the pick to fill 5 holes. They need this stud QB. Andrew Luck is the full package.

When I was browsing stats trying to figure out who in the bloody blue hell I should make defensive player of the year, I noticed this guy:

7 Charles Johnson CAR DE

51 tackles 11 assists 11.5 sacks

Gotta admit... I was surprised to see him 7th in the league in sacks.... I'd say that replaces Peppers nicely, that was a BIG step, and averaging almost 2 turnovers a game is better then I'd have expected, even the -8 in turnover ratio.....

18th in yards per game isn't awful with that 3 n out offense they had.....25th in points allowed... not so good, but like ya said... put that on the offense NOT helping, to support that you have they saw the 5th most snaps on defense in the league, and only Denver allowed more TDs (Jesus help me I'm having a Triumph moment here.. CMON SABREMETRICS!!)

But still 12.2 points a game (and a 30% 3rd down conversions rate :blink: ) on a team with DeAngelo, Stewart, Goodson and Steve Smith is damn near CRIMINAL, that points more and more to they need a QB like the world depended on it!

Take a look at the stats on NFL.com, it's kinda cool the stuff you can dig up!

Edited by CRASHER