NFL 2011 Offseason Thead

Hi, I'm VALUE!

Sam Bradford missed almost his entire senior year injured and still went #1 and is flourishing. Peyton Manning did the exact same thing his junior year. Everyone thought he was going to leave, but stayed because he didnt want to go to the Jets, and has been fine. Funniest thing about Manning is that Tennesse won a Nat'l Championship the year after he left lol.

Its also highly likely that if Harbaugh does leave (which does seem likely) that David Shaw is going to get the job to replace Harbaugh. He's the Stanford offensive coordinator and has been for Luck's entire college career. He's also a Stanford alum.

You're just bitter you're not getting him, which I completely understand, but you're not looking at the full picture. Luck is in a better position than you realize. Its also possible Carolina is in the same spot again next year if they stick with the sh!t they have under center right now.

Maybe you are right. You are definitely right that they'd be stuck with the first pick overall if Clausen is the QB. I don't think Luck could be any hotter as a prospect right now, but we'll see. If he just wants to finish his degree, good for him.

Edited by devilsrule33

Maybe you are right. You are definitely right that they'd be stuck with the first pick overall if Clausen is the QB. I don't think Luck could any hotter as a prospect right now, but we'll see. If he just wants to finish his degree, good for him.

Again, Sam Bradford and Peyton Manning. It was the exact same kind of buzz for them, but they both stayed. Obviously, Luck could get seriously destroyed and ruin everything, but he could even be middling next season and still go number one.

You also have to remember that the NFL is in a very tough position right now with the upcoming lockout stuff. There is most likely going to be a lockout come March 4th, how long it lasts is anyone's guess.

Again, Sam Bradford and Peyton Manning. It was the exact same kind of buzz for them, but they both stayed. Obviously, Luck could get seriously destroyed and ruin everything, but he could even be middling next season and still go number one.

You also have to remember that the NFL is in a very tough position right now with the upcoming lockout stuff. There is most likely going to be a lockout come March 4th, how long it lasts is anyone's guess.

You are right about those guys, but there is Jake Locker too. He was considered a possible top 5 pick before returning for his senior year, and now he might not even be a first rounder after a tough senior year surrounded by some bad players and could fall to round 3. Which ever team grabs him is getting a pretty damn good QB, but his decision cost him millions.

You're probably right about Luck, but a major injury is a possible concern. I guess it is nice to come from a rich family.

Edited by devilsrule33

its not like we are talking a few million dollars that he might lose if he gets hurt...he is without a doubt and in almost complete certainty going to lose out on upwards of 20 million dollars based on a new rookie cap and pay structure that will almost definitely be in place after this year's draft. So to pile on to what others are saying, this is a completely shocking move and I'm surprised he's listening to whomever is advising him...

You are right about those guys, but there is Jake Locker too. He was considered a possible top 5 pick before returning for his senior year, and now he might not even be a first rounder after a tough senior year surrounded by some bad players and could fall to round 3. Which ever team grabs him is getting a pretty damn good QB, but his decision cost him millions.

You're probably right about Luck, but a major injury is a possible concern. I guess it is nice to come from a rich family.

Locker was not a consensus #1 and wouldnt have been taken ahead of Bradford last year. He's never had anything around him and even guys like Kiper and McShay (who I think are both douchebags) didn't have him as a #1 pick, just that he would be the first QB after Bradford taken. Yes, Locker should've come out last year in hindsight, but Locker also didnt have the luxury of coming back to a team that was expected to contend for the Pac-10 title, which are the same reasons Manning and Bradford came back, they wanted to WIN in college. Locker was a moron because Washington (my almamater) was never going to contend. Stanford was expected to be in the top 3-4 of the Pac-10. Luck was already buzzed about last year as well and had to stay this year and proved himself on a bigger stage in more meaningful games.

Luck will be the Heisman frontrunner, Stanford will be ranked in the top 5, and basically the college game is his to own. Sure, injury is always a possibility, but he could get hit by a car walking across the street!

He left some money on the table for sure, but if its worth it to him to stay in college, get his degree, and try to make history for Stanford, its not our place to second guess him.

Edited by ghdi

Bengals refuse QB Palmer's trade request (AP)

Bengals owner Mike Brown says he won't trade quarterback Carson Palmer. Brown said on Monday that Palmer met with him a little more than a week ago and asked to be traded. Brown told Palmer that he wouldn't consider it because the quarterback is central to the team's plans. He plans to talk to Palmer again to try to smooth over their differences.

You'd think with how pitiful Palmer was last year they'd jump for joy to get him outta there........

And considering that Palmer has an atrocious contract, and the fact that a cap will probably be BACK in place for 2011 and beyond, they should be even MORE willing to deal him...but they are the Bengals, they make the Bills look organized.

And considering that Palmer has an atrocious contract, and the fact that a cap will probably be BACK in place for 2011 and beyond, they should be even MORE willing to deal him...but they are the Bengals, they make the Bills look organized.

Well we knew THAT when they extended Marvin Lewis.....

one good thing about sports, no matter how awful your team looks, there's ALWAYS someone worse out there.....

Wow... and you wonder why Carson Palmer wants out????

http://www.lordsofpain.net/news/tna/TNA_Invites_NFL_Star_Chad_Ochocinco_To_Wrestle_His_Coach_In_A_Steel_Cage.html

On Monday, Ochocinco posted the following message to his Twitter account (twitter.com/ochocinco), responding to Adam Schefter of ESPN: "Me and Marvin Lewis in a cage match, set it up, I've earned my stripes on my helmet it's time to fight then play"

Really???

REALLY????

oiii......

Wow... and you wonder why Carson Palmer wants out????

http://www.lordsofpain.net/news/tna/TNA_Invites_NFL_Star_Chad_Ochocinco_To_Wrestle_His_Coach_In_A_Steel_Cage.html

On Monday, Ochocinco posted the following message to his Twitter account (twitter.com/ochocinco), responding to Adam Schefter of ESPN: "Me and Marvin Lewis in a cage match, set it up, I've earned my stripes on my helmet it's time to fight then play"

Really???

REALLY????

oiii......

You mean Chad Johnson posted the following tweet...he's changing his name back apparently...

You mean Chad Johnson posted the following tweet...he's changing his name back apparently...

He's still Chad-85 to me, and equally as irrelevant....would be nice if Marvin took a steel chair to his face and knocked out some of those idiot gold teeth of his!:ECW:

Well we knew THAT when they extended Marvin Lewis.....

one good thing about sports, no matter how awful your team looks, there's ALWAYS someone worse out there.....

I had to remind myself of that every day during the Ross/Sparano/Harbaugh drama/disaster. It's sad when you find yourself saying "well, at least we're not the Bengals". :P

I had to remind myself of that every day during the Ross/Sparano/Harbaugh drama/disaster. It's sad when you find yourself saying "well, at least we're not the Bengals". :P

The Bengals do an EXCELLENT job of reminding you how worthless they are :lol: