Martin Brodeur - 2 years $9 million

Triumph

That makes sense since Chevys haven't been really American in years. :P

and I rooted against Marty in the Olympics, country always comes before club for me.

Put it this way: it was a LOT easier to root for team USA in 2010 with choker boy in net for Canada. I wanted us to win in 02, but I didn't get excited when we scored. I couldn't bring myself to actually cheer against Marty. It would just be... Weird.

Put it this way: it was a LOT easier to root for team USA in 2010 with choker boy in net for Canada. I wanted us to win in 02, but I didn't get excited when we scored. I couldn't bring myself to actually cheer against Marty. It would just be... Weird.

I mean, I cheered when we scored in the first game against Canada in 2010 when Marty was in net. It felt a little weird, but as far as I'm concerned, if his teammates can score against him no problem, then I can cheer against him.

If Marty goes, I hope the Devils re-sign Hedberg and work him in tandem with one of our young prospects. Hedberg has a good 45 games in him, and he could be an excellent mentor for a young, up-and-coming goaltender.

If Marty goes, I hope the Devils re-sign Hedberg and work him in tandem with one of our young prospects. Hedberg has a good 45 games in him, and he could be an excellent mentor for a young, up-and-coming goaltender.

There's no goalie in our system who is ready for that yet.

i dont know guys, you gotta remember this is a business. im all for loyalty to a player, and we have been to brodeur. i would hope for the same loyalty back. the only mary money issue we should be talking about is the discounted contract that marty is willing to take to help make his team better

i dont know guys, you gotta remember this is a business. im all for loyalty to a player, and we have been to brodeur. i would hope for the same loyalty back. the only mary money issue we should be talking about is the discounted contract that marty is willing to take to help make his team better

Like the extension he signed for well below market at the time so that the team had money for people like Gomez?

Oh brother.. well if we lose Marty what about Tim Thomas? Or did he decide he is 100% taking the year off.

We'd still have to trade for him, and I'd really rather not trade for a goalie personally.

IF Marty leaves...I dunno, re-sign Hedberg, sign a Clemmensen-type 1B goalie, and get Wedgewood on the fast track to the bigs?

We'd still have to trade for him, and I'd really rather not trade for a goalie personally.

IF Marty leaves...I dunno, re-sign Hedberg, sign a Clemmensen-type 1B goalie, and get Wedgewood on the fast track to the bigs?

I dont think Marty goes anywhere if Zach walks. I dont think theres a chance in hell the team lets us lose both of those guys. I do think its one or the other however. Marty won't make a move til Zach does IMO.

I've heard people say "It's just business" with these guys leaving. I guess you can call that, but I think you have to look at WHY they are not interested in staying?

Is it the money? Maybe.

Do they want a chance to win? Yes.

Do they feel their best chance of winning is with the Devils? I doubt it.

If they thought their best chance of winning was with Kovalchuk and crew, I think he'd they accept something smaller to stay. Maybe there is no money or perhaps they just don't like the new Devils? What else could it be? If it was purely about money, both would've been gone already as Lou is frugal (at best) with the team's money. Something else is the reason.